It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Syria prepared to fire missiles at Tel Aviv

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
reply to post by Revolution9

Israel is the one who started the whole thing, don't forget that or deny it (Israel and it's cohorts)...unfortunately it's backfired and the place has erupted into a civil mess that is out of control.

Welcome to Hell.

It's very easy to just make a claim that Israel is to blame, but how exactly do you prove that to be the case? I'm pretty sure Israel didn't force Assad to start shooting protesters in the streets, just as they didn't force Mubarak to roll the tanks out and the snipers to take out protesters in Egypt either!

I don't like Israel, I make no secret of that. I think that sadistic government deserves everything it gets from the neighbours it has attacked and stolen from - but I don't let that cloud my rational mind and just excuse the actions of others.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
reply to post by RAY1990

I don't think religion has anything to do with it. After all, Syria was a completely secular country, with everyone being free to practice their chosen religion. What we have been seeing is the West - US, UK and other NATO members - arming and supplying intel and logistics to fundamentalist fighters flooding in from other countries, who have been attacking people of ALL religions without any consideration for those freedoms previously enjoyed by the Syrian people.
What it IS about is removing both a state that stands up to Israel in the region and, perhaps more importantly for some, one that does not allow a foreign owned and operated central bank issuing money at interest to the government.

The situation in Syria is far from being a Civil War, as portrayed by much of the bank owned corporate media and our similarly paid for politicians. Israeli actions against Syria are designed simply to try and garner a response so that the US, UK and other NATO members can step in and protect Israel, who gets to play victim again.
The tired old story that they are attacking Syria to stop it passing chemical / biological or sophisticated weapons to Hezbollah is par for the course and can be used without having to provide one shred of physical evidence to back it up. It is also a breach of international law, but good luck to anyone thinking about bringing this up at the UN, when we have seen so many times in the past such breeches being ignored when it's us (or our alleged allies) carrying out those acts!

Well it has been spun to be a religious war and in many of the fighting hands it is religious too, we will never hear the good points of Syria unless we looked though, just like Libya... public opinion was that he was a backward despotic leader, nothing mentioned about the education system, law system, civil projects and amenities etc.

The truth behind all these conflicts is connected but it's covered by opaque glass, we can still see things though and make conclusions. The web of lies and deceit is huge and if people saw what sovereignty is being abused nationally and personally with human rights we all have, we would probably see an international revolution.
A lot of people do not understand the core values of human rights and sovereignty nor could they care that much it seems.

I find it hypocritical how we have set rules and laws to follow yet as nations we go around setting double standards.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by deckdel
reply to post by Rocker2013

Firing missiles on civilian targets is just cowardly. Why don't they (the Syrians) engage in air battle, or with air defense? The correct course of action is to engage aggressor, its forces, and not then shoot in the back with missiles.

My point being: right now, Syria is just a sitting duck. Nothing more. And they need to do something about that. First step would be to get some decent air defense missiles, and an early warning radar system. Upgrade air forces. And not that much think the missiles. Focus to shoot soldiers/pilots and not civilians.

And why should Syria do any of this? You do know we are talking about Israel right? Israels specialty is attacking civilians just look at their track record in places like Gaza.

Oh buster, once again ignoring the inconvenient evidence of Assad's military opening fire on peaceful protesters. Plenty of us remember exactly how the war in Syria started, and there are plenty of videos out there showing Assad's men, his jets, his helicopters attacking unarmed civilian populations.

Enough with the Assad cheer leading already, formulate some real opinions without feeling this incomprehensible need to defend atrocities just because the one committing them is anti-Israel

You're sounding more and more like a propagandist, just leaping to the defence of any nation standing up to Israel regardless of the complexities of the violence.

I see you have been turning a blind eye on how Israel treats protestors huh? Israel beats and imprisons protestors all the time. Let's watch a little.

And no one is cheering Assad Israel illegally attacked Syria. You do understand this don't you? Or are you one of these people who thinks Israel should be allowed to do whatever it wants just because they keep crying we are defending ourselves. And did you ever stop to think that people wouldn't be speaking out against Israel if they weren't constantly breaking international laws and committing human rights violations on a daily basis?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
Firing missiles on civilian targets is just cowardly.

This is called "war on terror"!

What makes Assads missles more evil than hellfires shot from US or Israeli drones?

edit on 20-5-2013 by greyhat because: gramma

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Come on Syria Attack them already.They attacked you twice .
Maybe then the rebels and the Syrian government will unite to face the Zionists, on one side, and you got Hezbollah on another side. and Hamas on a third side. Free Palestine from the Zionists. But then of course Big Brother will have to stick his nose in.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
And if Hezblollah

This is the part I don't get.

Armed religious people who are not affiliated with a sovereign flag.

This makes Assad look bad. If he uses religious thugs to support his nation. He should enlist them! Then its a legal fighting force.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Oh Gosh!!!!!! Please, everyone , we need to send more money to Israel to protect them from the bad people ASAP, send the money over their NOW, PLEASE

and

vomit

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0SolidSnake0
Come on Syria Attack them already.They attacked you twice .
Maybe then the rebels and the Syrian government will unite to face the Zionists, on one side, and you got Hezbollah on another side. and Hamas on a third side. Free Palestine from the Zionists. But then of course Big Brother will have to stick his nose in.

Yea you got it, the problem is we can't just let em have at it like two animals because one side owns the USA and will suck us into it. Actually both sides are owned by Israel, that is, the western backed rebels in Syria, and the USA government. Its terrible.
edit on 20-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Quick question: If Syria is so capable militarily, why are they having so much trouble against the rebels. Wouldn't it be logical to think that they could wipe them out effortlessly? And if they are experiencing so much trouble with the rebels, how much more with the entire nation of Israel?

Note: I know this post could appear as snarky but I really am looking for objective answers to the questions.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I like how predictable you anti-Israel ilk are & completely choose to ignore the FACT that Israel's attacks were retaliatory in nature. Yeah, keep ignoring Hamas and Hezbollah's rockets and bombs......keep victimizing the aggressors

Syria would be wise to stop barking so loud or they are going to get their arses handed to them.,,,no vaseline..

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Quick question: If Syria is so capable militarily, why are they having so much trouble against the rebels. Wouldn't it be logical to think that they could wipe them out effortlessly? And if they are experiencing so much trouble with the rebels, how much more with the entire nation of Israel?

Note: I know this post could appear as snarky but I really am looking for objective answers to the questions.

Without foreign assistance the terrorists would have already been crushed by the Syrian army.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Without foreign assistance the terrorists would have already been crushed by the Syrian army.

This answer doesn't follow logic. There may be outside assistance but it certainly is not of the degree and magnitude of an entire nations military forces. Maybe Syria is a wee bit overrated as other countries have been in the not so distant past?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

This answer doesn't follow logic. There may be outside assistance but it certainly is not of the degree and magnitude of an entire nations military forces. Maybe Syria is a wee bit overrated as other countries have been in the not so distant past?

Have you ever wondered why the mighty USSR apparently lost to a bunch of ragtags on horseback in Afghanistan from 79 to 89? Doesnt follow logic either right? Well... maybe because those ragtags on horse back were actually backed up by the US, China, UK, Egypt, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and more... and that wasnt Syria, was the USSR it wasnt overrated and it wasnt some little power you wanted to play games with. Let that sink in for a minute.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

This is a modern media war. A soon as the "world opinion" would allow it Syria would be invaded.

And of course, the "freedom fighting" al CIAda units in Syria are trained and supported by the usual ones.

www.google.com...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Quick question: If Syria is so capable militarily, why are they having so much trouble against the rebels.

Because the rebels are backed by the United States of Israel and England.

Simple answer.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamOckham
I like how predictable you anti-Israel ilk are & completely choose to ignore the FACT that Israel's attacks were retaliatory in nature. Yeah, keep ignoring Hamas and Hezbollah's rockets and bombs......keep victimizing the aggressors

Syria would be wise to stop barking so loud or they are going to get their arses handed to them.,,,no vaseline..

Israel is occupying land and treating people like Nazi's my friend,

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
All you people jeering and advocating nuclear war and warmongering in general are fools. The cost of life would be catastrophic all across the region and the fallout would kill millions more wherever the wind blows it. One day your bloodlust will come back on you and i hope on that day i am standing there to see it.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter

Originally posted by WilliamOckham

Israel is occupying land and treating people like Nazi's my friend,

Great analogy!!!...NOT.

Jews weren't suicide bombing german citizens or sending 9 year olds to crowded markets strapped with explosives...telling them Allah is waiting for them with virgins and slaves. You sir, are confused and are siding with homocidal maniacs and extremists who keep attacking the sovereignty of Israel. Whether you like it or not, Israel is a country and they are here to stay.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
All you people jeering and advocating nuclear war and warmongering in general are fools. The cost of life would be catastrophic all across the region and the fallout would kill millions more wherever the wind blows it. One day your bloodlust will come back on you and i hope on that day i am standing there to see it.

Then you should be angry at Muslims who continue to provoke a nuclear armed Israel. I for one, would not so much as flinch, if Syria, Palestine, and Iran were decimated. Well, I may flinch...but beyond that, I'd be relived that things were finally settled.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Is it wrong of me to be anticipating the # hitting the fan globally so we can finally hit the ultimate reset button and start this world over?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join