learn more

Report: Syria prepared to fire missiles at Tel Aviv

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pravdaseeker
I am not pro Israel, or pro Syria.. I am pro "knock the BS off" and let your neighbour live in peace kind of guy..

I wish I could give you more than 1 star for that comment alone.

Imagine if any country other than Israel attacked another country (and as wrabbit said, it was a whopper) and then said this:

An Israeli official told The New York Times that Israel, which has launched three recent attacks on Syria, was considering further strikes and warned President Bashar Assad that his government would face "crippling consequences" if he hit back at Israel.

YNET NEWS

When you look at everything going on in the middle east (and worldwide), it's obvious a really dangerous game of brinksmanship is being played out.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
why would Israel have to buy any politicians? How many high level American government positions are still held by
people with Israeli citizenship? Loyalty to Israel doesn't need to be bought.

Why would anyone think Syria attacking the capital would be a proportional response? So they don't have the justification to do so. It would be an escalation and Israel would then have a right to attack Damascus.

Correct it's retarded.

Best course of action is to do nothing. Let things cool off.

But that's probably not the plan is it?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
They are hitting hezbollah .

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Anyone know why Russia is getting involved?

They are a trading partner with Syria, and they have a military presence in Syria too.

This is more about defence and manoeuvring between the USA and Russia than it is about Syria. The USA and NATO has positions all around the world, and their push into the Middle East not only helps secure Israel but it also gives more territory to the coalition of NATO against a threat from Russia or China.

Likewise, because of the positioning of US and NATO forces around the world, Russia feels the need to have some defensive positions on the land of allies too. Syria is an ally of Russia because it gives them a little platform in the region from which they could operate, and which then cannot be used by the USA.

It's like a game of chess really, with both sides needing to gain some ground over the other. But in actual fact the USA and NATO are the only ones who have actually been successfully making these moves over the last ten years, while Russia and China have pretty much remained within their own borders... that might say something about intentions and justifications.

If I were Russia and had seen the USA marching its way across the middle east, I would have been defensive too.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Buddy we are not uninformed and the Sampsom option is a given base line.....The situation is ripe with possibilities........
Its probably assumed by most here that what you propose is a likely scenario come doomsday.
The Russians with their boats, are the only visible support that Assad has, but there are other allies who also possess nukes....China or NK or even Iran may have a sub or two with nukes aboard in the theater....
Israel is not invincable.
Nor is the Iron Dome.
Even a conventional hit on Diamona may pollute israel proper for centuries.
Any kind of nuclear event in the theater will effect all the participants negatively, they all know this well.....
Busheshir is closer to six national capitals than it is to Teheran.....
Nobody in the middle east would pull that trigger unless it was a final gesture.
Chemical or biologicals may be more likely,
or neutron bombs could be employed with some probabiliy of achieving a victory of sorts.

All of which, even the non nukes, will very likely not be used at all by anyone.
except the lawless rebels.
Very little is ever said of the three or so nuclear armed subs which israel posses that rotate station near Iran.....

The multi sided conflict now bubbling away in Syria, is probably not comming to a finale anytime soon without the intervention of some forces or other.

It is at least preferrable the Jihadists are taking their angst out on their own at least.
The Sunni/Shia war that is brewing over the long haul is maybe the most game changing possibility over there....
But im babbling now....need more coffee

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Thanks very much

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I wondered how long it would take for someone to understand the true nature of the situation. Congratulations. I totally agree with you. Unfortunately the sheeple here on ATS will not be capable of comprehending this simple eternal truth.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So its time and this isnt going to " end" nicely this is going be a long drawn out war.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Buddy we are not uninformed and the Sampsom option is a given base line.....The situation is ripe with possibilities........
Its probably assumed by most here that what you propose is a likely scenario come doomsday.
The Russians with their boats, are the only visible support that Assad has, but there are other allies who also possess nukes....China or NK or even Iran may have a sub or two with nukes aboard in the theater....
Israel is not invincable.
Nor is the Iron Dome.
Even a conventional hit on Diamona may pollute israel proper for centuries.
Any kind of nuclear event in the theater will effect all the participants negatively, they all know this well.....
Busheshir is closer to six national capitals than it is to Teheran.....
Nobody in the middle east would pull that trigger unless it was a final gesture.
Chemical or biologicals may be more likely,
or neutron bombs could be employed with some probabiliy of achieving a victory of sorts.

All of which, even the non nukes, will very likely not be used at all by anyone.
except the lawless rebels.
Very little is ever said of the three or so nuclear armed subs which israel posses that rotate station near Iran.....

The multi sided conflict now bubbling away in Syria, is probably not comming to a finale anytime soon without the intervention of some forces or other.

It is at least preferrable the Jihadists are taking their angst out on their own at least.
The Sunni/Shia war that is brewing over the long haul is maybe the most game changing possibility over there....
But im babbling now....need more coffee

It is all M.A.D you see! That is what survival of the fittest has come to. Yes, the Bass Line!

Well it is kind of absurdly keeping the peace, well sorta!

We all just have to see how it pans out. The world is in the grip of terror daily. Yes it is MAD, but human beings are mad.

I love peace. I will have any nationality live next door to me. That's all I can do about it, lol.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by combatmaster

I wondered how long it would take for someone to understand the true nature of the situation. Congratulations. I totally agree with you. Unfortunately the sheeple here on ATS will not be capable of comprehending this simple eternal truth.

Great. Valued reply there. Thank you so much. I know you understand. They will catch up. Everyone is learning quickly these days.

Best wishes Combatmaster Blaster!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
If true, good. I want to see Israel getting their venomous deceptive evil arses spanked hard in my lifetime.

America won't allow that to happen. Israel has bought too many politicians and duped far too many religious people who haven't bothered to read their holy books that they should be protected.

Agreed, Buster... but our national steering gear being blackmailed into another unpopular
conflict-- that could go hotter than anything else over there may be the scandal that breaks
the administration's back. Besides after the Torah got pushed out of the way with the Talmud
the defense of a holy book went out the window with this half-ashkenozzle.
Ideologies aside, the Obamadminstration has not recently unhooked from the Zionists'
police force; and that pause you described may actually include a bead or two of sweat this
time...

And I knew there was a reason I liked you, Ranger.
Even a couple old greasy cans of TNT on the Knesset... it's the thought that counts.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Sorry, I am just LMAO at the irony of it all! Always look on the bright side of life...(whistling).

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Well... maybe obama is pulling the rug on israel

As for Russia... I dont know if they'll be directly involved, but if they are...

Then you'll be singing,

Bye bye little Israeli pie,
not more Biterman, or Levy
any Bergmann or Stein.
And evil Ben-Gurion
watching all from the sky cursing
this will be the day Israel dies...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I've heard it said that it's always a good idea in a fight to leave your opponent feeling like they have a way out if they are losing and need to escape. If they feel trapped in a corner with no way out except through you, a small fight suddenly becomes a life or death situation in their mind. It's like trapping a wild animal in a corner.

The problem is, there are a lot of different factions in this fight, and many of them probably feel more and more like they are trapped in a corner. The big kids on the block (the USA, Russia, and China at least) probably don't feel like this, but I'll bet some of the other factions do. I would surely think that Assad in Syria must be starting to feel trapped.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Syria is in the midst of civil war. the last thing the Syrian Government will want to do is start an international war. they may have Russian weapons and hope that is enough to deter Israel. i dont think that would stop Israel bombing an arms convoy to Hezbollah but if Israel is attacked they will go to war and it would obviously be the end of Assad as his Gov. will now be attacked both internally and externally.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RestlessNRG

Syria is in the midst of civil war. the last thing the Syrian Government will want to do is start an international war

The Syrian government will do nothing of the sort, as you said, they are in the midst of a civil war, and have been attacked by Israel. That being said, if anyone started this international war, it was Israel by preemptively striking Syria several times. Israel are not the only guilty ones though, all the nations and organizations that funded and aided the "rebels" are equally as guilty...it's just that Israel is a bit more courageous when it comes to blatantly attacking sovereign nations on intel based on nothing but unproven allegations.

Of course if Syria strikes back the media will spin it as if Syria was the aggressor.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Well, A LOT of reasons...but 3 main ones.

#1. Tartus. It's a Naval base on the Syrian coast and if you look at a map? The only 100% friendly Russian base in the region. It's described as one of, if not THE most strategic and critical Russian military base outside the Russian Federation proper.

#2. Syria is and has been a client state for 4+ decades. They're more than a customer. They are an ally and source of ongoing projection of both military and diplomatic power across the region for Moscow.

#3. In 2012, Iran, Iraq and Syria signed the final agreements for a gas pipeline running from the Iranian fields to the Mediterranean Sea. This represents the first direct line from a Caspian connected network of pipelines, directly out to the Western markets at the Med. (Which has 0 dependency on Turkey, anyway) Initial plans were just to terminate the line in Lebanon and have some surplus sold out after the nations it crosses take their fill. Now? There are detailed plans projecting pipeline routes into Central Europe.

^^^ The last is critical because the Russian Federation is to natural gas what Saudi Arabia is to Oil production, especially in that part of the world. It's Russia's little market to corner for both economic and strategic reasons across the former republics and Eastern European nations they still supply..

If Syria and then Iran falls, as seems to be the plan here, then that first ever line out to the Med and backdoor of Europe itself will cut Moscow OUT of any position of strategic influence across Europe and it's former Republics as the corner of the gas market.

It's games within games and MANY levels to this. Always is in the Middle East, but this situation is more nuanced and layered than normal. You ask why Russia cares? Those 3 reasons aren't the only ones...but they top the list.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
I've heard it said that it's always a good idea in a fight to leave your opponent feeling like they have a way out if they are losing and need to escape. If they feel trapped in a corner with no way out except through you, a small fight suddenly becomes a life or death situation in their mind. It's like trapping a wild animal in a corner.

The problem is, there are a lot of different factions in this fight, and many of them probably feel more and more like they are trapped in a corner. The big kids on the block (the USA, Russia, and China at least) probably don't feel like this, but I'll bet some of the other factions do. I would surely think that Assad in Syria must be starting to feel trapped.

Yes, you are right.

As it stands Assad will not go out without a last stand, though. His last act would be to set the whole thing ablaze as his dying act of revenge. In posher words Israel would do the same. In posher words again the U.S and Britain would act accordingly.

That is the danger; Assad is feeling trapped. It was a terrible idea to interfere in Syria. That civil war has omens written all over it. It was better for Israel as it stood. The Hezbollah arms situation is one that Israel must tactically deal with. Assad needs to back off from those shipments.

I believe that if Israel knows that arms are not being transported into its enemies hands then they will just keep their borders secure. I think, I don't know!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well deducted! I think the U.N better get its arse in gear quick over this one. A drawing of gang territories needs to be established and pumps slung over the wires. The godfathers need to " 'ave a meeting".

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Israel is the one who started the whole thing, don't forget that or deny it (Israel and it's cohorts)...unfortunately it's backfired and the place has erupted into a civil mess that is out of control.

Welcome to Hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join