It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempting OBE not having much luck

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
For the last couple of weeks I have been trying to induce a OBE. I've tried the use of binaural beats I feel as though I am close I start to have the pins & needles sensation and I hear something like a electrical buzz but that is all the further I get. I'm not sure what is preventing me from making past that point. Is it possible some other force maybe preventing me from reaching a OBE state?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
try you tube they have videos on everything
just having a laugh

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Try jumping off the roof of a single storey house head first. Works wonders. Sometimes the OBE's are permanent though so I recommend only to the severely depressed or generally... how should we say.... people with terminal medical conditions.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Once you're feeling those sensations, try to imagine yourself floating out of physical body.

It's not an easy task to accomplish, I've only done it three times myself and one of those times I was 'thrown' to the right side out of my body and felt as if I crashed into my wall. OBE's are indeed very real.

I've been been training for months to hopefully get better at it. I'll lay for 20-30 minutes up to an hour without anything really happening really. I suppose my mind is too alert or maybe it's because I have ADD, I really don't know.

Good luck, and remember don't give up. Eventully you WILL get it. Just don't get excited while you're doing it because you will alert your mind and make it aware of what's going on. You sort of have to trick your mind that you're asleep but perfectly alert.

Focus on the pixels behind your eyes while you're doing them. They will sometimes create images, focus on them. The best thing to do is picture your room as you would see it if you open your eyes and eventully the pixels behind your eyes will manifest that, focus on that. I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's opening a third eye that people talk about and that's the eye that you use when you have your out of body experience? I don't know too much about that.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have had success using the book The Spiritual Exercises of Eck: Your Doorway to Wisdom, Freedom, and Love.

It looks like Amazon has it used for around a dollar if you want to give it a try.

I wish you luck!

Spiritual Exercises of ECK

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Don't try it as your going to sleep at night. It wont work because your body is too tired and will go to sleep. The best time is when you wake up in the morning. Get up walk around for a bit and drink some water but don't eat anything. Lay back down get comfortable and make sure you don't move. I actually had a OBE this morning. When you start to feel vibrations focus on making them stronger the weaker the vibrations the more you will be connected to the physical body.

Star and flag

Don't worry about these jacka$$es leaving stupid replys. Look up dr Albert Taylor if you want some good level headed info without metaphysical jargon.
edit on 19-5-2013 by asher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Its very easy you just need a serotonin analog and a derivative of tryptophan. Or you could try a NMDA receptor antagonist.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

Thanks I knew there would be posts like that when I started. I figured that the signal to noise ratio would be good enough to get some actual answers. I'm not sure what I am going to experience but I have heard a lot about OBE's and I am not one to shy away from things other might consider abnormal.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Thanks for the suggestion always looking for new material to learn from.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jholt5638

Attempting OBE not having much luck

Ah well, when I was a little boy, and I had that problem, my momma would just tie my silver cord around the doorknob of an open door and then, on the count of three, she would close it really fast.

Worked every time.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You are trying too hard and thinking too much. Astral projection isn't that hard to do. Some people can do it easily some people can't but keep trying don't give up. Here is another technique for you to try.

Astral Projection Technique: Concentration on the Heart

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

No prob. When you do this don't anticipate what you think is going to happen. Often times you will Over use your imagination and lose focus of what your trying to do. Thoughts will enter your head on their own all you really have to do is remain conscious and relax. And if you want to go further into spirituality and metaphysics you should know that the form you use to travel during a OBE is also called the light-body or merkabah. Have fun and don't give up

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You are not alone, I tried for years, it was one of those things I just could never get the hang of doing myself. I have had it happen in my sleep though where I have found myself floating outside my body. 2 times that I can remember. Once when I was a teenager, and once last year.

I hope you get the hang of it.

I view OBE differently than astral projection though. Astral projection, you go to the astral plane, where as an OBE for me anyways, seems to be tied to the earth, just the room I am in.

Both happened in my sleep, I cannot consciously seem to do it.

edit on 19-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Take a mild muscle relaxer. That'll set you right up.
edit on 20-5-2013 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I was always too afraid to try it personally but my dad used to do it all the time. He kind of "perfected" it. He said that he would meditate before doing it, said it helped clear his mind. He always told me that you have to clear your mind completely because an OBE can be very dangerous if you have any negative thoughts during. He also told me that he would start with his toes and start visualizing his spirit coming out from his toes to the top of his head. He would do this until he began to feel himself lift. He would continue doing this until he claimed he could see his body below him. He never said anything about any buzzing noises but I suppose that everyone has a different method and experiences different things. I know that he achieved doing it because he would come and see me sometimes during his OBE's. I couldn't see him, of course, but he would tell me things the next time I saw him that completely proved it to me. I would be completely and totally alone and he would tell me the exact time, exactly where I was, and exactly what I was doing. Very creepy.
edit on 20-5-2013 by qualm91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Read the book:
Soul Traveler: A Guide to Out-Of-Body Experiences and the Wonders Beyond
It's available on Amazon

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

OBE is a function of the spirit...
any chemical induced state is just an artificial experience.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Check the thread in my signature. It shows you how in the OP and is very simple, though takes a little time depending on a number of factors.

When you get it right, you won't need to be laying down right before sleep to OBE. You'll be able to do it while washing dishing, standing up, while on lunch break, etc.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
You are trying too hard and thinking too much.

Absolutely!

In very simple words, binaural beats etc. are all good, but the key is that OBE is still "sort of" falling asleep with your consciousness staying alert. Trying too hard won't relax you sufficiently.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jholt5638
Is it possible some other force maybe preventing me from reaching a OBE state?

Yep. Not everybody can OBE.

Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

-- Ecclesiastes 12:6

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

-- Matthew 16:19

So, is your silver cord "bond" or "free" ?

If you are bond, someone else, who has the key, has to help you OBE.

But, if you are free, you can OBE on your own.

edit on 21-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join