It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary on Cholesterol Scam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Big Pharma is the death industry - and I've been an RN for 26 years. It's important to watch you blood pressure and you blood glucose - and everything else (food, drink, cigs - whatever your vice is) in moderation.

Stay away from pharmaceuticals if you can help it. Moderate exercise can help with borderling BP and high glucose levels.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

my beef is not with the whole idea of high cholesterol and CHD. i think after 6 months of myself doing research the jury is still out for me. my beef is the drug pushed to fix the problem. if you are told to take this little pill and you wont have a heart attack "thats how it is marketed", you would do it. the side effects happen over a period of time and you really dont link the two.

That's exactly my position - the jury's still out.

I was simply presenting the other side of the argument.

For every doctor/professor/scientist who believes the theory is wrong, I reckon there will be at least four or five who don't.

The video is very persuasive, but it's important to grasp that it is a minority position.

My doctor friend, despite banging the drum for the standard model, isn't completely happy with statins, because of the side-effects.

He prescribes them for his patients as a first line treatment only because he knows the vast majority of people wont stick to lifestyle changes (viz. diet & exercise).

But he admitted the statins are very good for dramatically lowering cholesterol, and quickly.

I take Simvastatin for familial hypercholesterolemia (my cholesterol was at 8.2mmols/l, which is very high).

He agreed I should stick with it till it drops below 5 - then get off it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join