It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olie North calls liberals anti-God on Hannity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hell I'm glad to see Ollie North come back into the media actually, maybe people will start looking into that whole REPUBLICAN scandal and get a good reminder of what kind of crooks are running the show here (again). Consult my avatar for more details...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Before the elections we were anti-American. Now the cliche is that we're Anti-God.
This is the future of this country. We now have a new label and you'll be hearing this one from now on.

Did you hear the quote accurately? Reading the title to your thread, one would assume that North applied this label to liberals across the board. I listened to a replay last night, after I had read this thread, and if I had not been listening for the part where he called liberals anti-God, I would have missed it.

He used the term in context of describing the most extreme faction of the left wing. Much the same as when liberals call conservatives warmongerers or baby killers. It ws a very brief segment, and he did not repeat it or pound it into the ground.

North did not call all liberals anti-God.

:shk:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
We Europeans know all about terrorism. We have lived with it day in day out for decades. We have lost many thousands of innocents to terrorism too you know.

Perhaps that fact is telling you that your tactics for combating terrorism aren't very effective then. Maybe the problem is that you "live with it" instead of hunting these people down and ending the problem along with their existance. The US isn't very impressed with your record in this area and have decided to try something different.

As for Ollie North, well what can you say? Each party has its "far extreme benchmarks". George Soros or Michael Moore occupy similar benchmarking positions at the other end of the political spectrum. I don't agree with Ollie. My reasons for voting for Bush probably wern't the same as his anyway. Ollie should probably shut up at this point and help the Republicans figure out a way to be very successful these next four years or 2008 is going to be ugly for them.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ollie needs to come back on Hannity and apologize...it's about that simple.

His bad

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Perhaps that fact is telling you that your tactics for combating terrorism aren't very effective then.

- Really? Your suggestion? Bomb Ireland into the Stoneage? Bomb our own communities where these people lived?

I think we finally got to a position where most of these 'problems' across the continent are settling once and for all....how many decades do you think it'll take you guys? If ever.

Cor, you know a lot about it, don't you?

Maybe the problem is that you "live with it" instead of hunting these people down and ending the problem along with their existance.

- Obviously you have no idea about what you are talking about.

If you think European counter-terrorism has been 'soft' or bloodless you are about as mistaken as it is possible to be.

The US isn't very impressed with your record in this area and have decided to try something different.

- Good for you.

We on the other hand aren't at all impressed with your record as it does nothing to address the underlying problems.

If you knew jack about it you'd know that we already tried this 'kill em all' approach and it doesn't solve anything.

Actually what it does is merely up the ante and reduces the pace until recruitment fills the gaps......a recruitment inevitably boosted by the 'collateral' damage your original brutal strategy cannot but help generate.

(Try reading about 'Bloody Sunday' in Ireland and how the British Army in taking a very hard line with a demo shot and killed 14 innocent people..... and that very night had young men standing in line waiting to sign up to the IRA in droves all across N. Ireland. They were once 'animals' you couldn't talk to too you know.

An 'Irish Terrorism' substantially funded and materially supported by the way by many Americans. Maybe 'we' should have used your logic and attacked and bombed your innocents in retaliation?
)

I suppose you could always try genocide. But even that isn't ever final amd complete.....and then you have all that horrible business of living with what you have become and the genuine disgust of your kids, grandkids etc etc when it all inevitably comes out.

How many of their innocents will assuage your anger over yours? Reports say it's over 100 000 in Iraq right now.

Still, you know it all and it's very very simple, right, bombs away, huh?

[edit on 6-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Oliver North holds about as much credibility in my eyes as Michael Moore (although Moore is yet to be a traitor), and that is saying a lot about the man, and why people even pay any attention to North is beyond me

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Haha maybe Mr. North needs to take a look in his own party. Those in middle america, whites, who go to church but look down with heavy supsicion on those of different cultures, especially blacks in America. That to me is being anti-God if anything.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Mr. North just has a bunch of sour grapes because it was Kerry who helped to expose him as a traitor, so now he's getting his own jabs in. Look into Mr. North's history and involvement with the drug trade. His pose of moral superiority is dubious at best.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
But he was defending America against the evils of Communism!

and to think some people believe that justifies his actions

Why does anyone care about this guys opinion?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Know what I don't get? Fox News says "fair and balanced" but guess what? The second the republican.... I mean "someone" boght them, they hired the "Dark Knight" of the republican party to clean out all liberals, from hosts to janitors to clerks. "Balanced"? So 5 republicans on the right side of the see-saw and one in the middle is balanced? The fact that the nut jobs come from the right is no surprise. These people are as skitzo as christianity. "Thou Shalt not Kill" A few hundred MILLION dead later..... "Don't do abortions! it kills babies!" An entire hospital is blown up with all the patients, janitors, doctors, clerks, candy stripers, but hey, the room that abortions were done in was destroyed, along with the ICR, ER, pediatrics, waiting rooms........

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
George Soros or Michael Moore occupy similar benchmarking positions at the other end of the political spectrum.

Michael Moore is extreme left-wing? are you out of your mind? He's about as moderate as it gets, if a little confused.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by General Zapata]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join