It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olie North calls liberals anti-God on Hannity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Before the elections we were anti-American. Now the cliche is that we're Anti-God.
I am fit to be tied on this one.
This is the future of this country. We now have a new label and you'll be hearing this one from now on.

This is the most disgusting thing i've heard thus far.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
don't forget the Arnold called all democrats "losers"

this is what scarces me about America, if you disagree, you are an unpatriotic, left wing, tree hugging, hippie, liberal, loser who needs to leave the USA.

these "right wingers" have no compassion nor brains as they continue to alienate and divide Americans with their labelling.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It was already documented that Ollie North conspired with Amerca's enemies in order to finance secret operations.
Only one word for Ollie North -- TRAITOR

Arnold Swarzenegger's Father was a NAZI and a member of the S.S.

Apples don't fall far from the tree.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
49% versus 51%.

Jayzuss, the 'licence' some people are hard at work imagining this gives them

.....and arguements about God?! What next? Angles on pin-heads....with proof!, er, no doubt

Did someone forget how the USA came to be?

(Interesting headline I saw today : Is the USA becoming what the founding fathers fled from?)

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think that GWB put it best when he said "If you are not with us, you are against us." I have a feeling that he wasn't just making a statement about the fight against terrorism there.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
It was already documented that Ollie North conspired with Amerca's enemies in order to finance secret operations.
Only one word for Ollie North -- TRAITOR

Arnold Swarzenegger's Father was a NAZI and a member of the S.S.

Apples don't fall far from the tree.

So very true.
Liberal has become the catch all phrase for anyone who isnt one of "Them".
How are we supposed to unite as a nation when everywhere we turn we are being called names or ridiculed for what we believe.Before the bush administration i leaned republican,but after the last four years i am totaly disgusted with our political process.51% are more than happy to take away the voice and rights of 49%.thats not a democracy in my book.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This just goes to show what i have been saying for a long time.Republicans are playing with fire(religion) and it may just come back and burn them on the arse.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
this is what scarces me about America, if you disagree, you are an unpatriotic, left wing, tree hugging, hippie, liberal, loser who needs to leave the USA.

these "right wingers" have no compassion nor brains as they continue to alienate and divide Americans with their labelling.

But what I have seen for two days on this board is the "left" calling the people that voted for Bush ignorant, stupid, blinded, hoodwinked, uneducated, warmongers, etc and when all that fails...they go for the "it was rigged" card.

So far, it's been many many labels coming from the "left".

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by worldwatcher

But what I have seen for two days on this board is the "left" calling the people that voted for Bush ignorant, stupid, blinded, hoodwinked, uneducated, warmongers, etc and when all that fails...they go for the "it was rigged" card.

So far, it's been many many labels coming from the "left".

Thats fair to say.
But id like to say that the far right have made division one of thier strengths,and people may feel like they are being pushed into a corner,which as we all know is dangerous.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samhain
*SNIP*
Thats fair to say.
But id like to say that the far right have made division one of thier strengths,and people may feel like they are being pushed into a corner,which as we all know is dangerous.

- Yeah, that's all very well but we aren't coming from a position of there being a 'clean slate' are we?

Just remind me as we discuss this apparant 49% - 51% American division who has been in power for the last 4 years at nearly every level?

Mod EDIT: Saving you from a Big Quote infraction.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Do you see the hypocrisy in that statement?

BOTH sides are name calling and throwing labels on one another. It is FAR from a one sided slanderfest. If you (not you personally, but people in general) are going to dish it out you better be prepared to take it as well.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
dgtempe,

Sucks to be lumped into a generalized group, then insulted..
Doesn't it?

What was the context of Ollie's statement? I didn't see it..

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is a sad quote from Ollie, I haven't seen it but if it is true it is beyond the bounds. The past few days I have seen many from the left saying equally hateful things such as "Bible thumpers", etc. which is equally as bad.

The fact is being faithful is not exclusive to the Republican party nor should it be. I believe a person's religious and non religious beliefs are their own personal decisions and not to be a factor in deciding public office.

This sword cuts both ways and those who have unleashed religious attacks towards the right should not be surprised when the right utters the opposite when referring to the left.

I however know that there are religious Repubs, and religious Dems and the same goes for those who are not. A person's choice on whether to worship or not and how they do it are a private matter and not bashing material to be used here or in the media.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lmgnyc
I think that GWB put it best when he said "If you are not with us, you are against us." I have a feeling that he wasn't just making a statement about the fight against terrorism there.

I just love pointing out the inconsistancies

Sept 20th 2001

Having issued directives to guide his administration�s preparations for war, on Thursday, September 20, President Bush addressed the nation before a joint session of Congress. �Tonight,� he said, �we are a country awakened to danger.� The President blamed al Qaeda for 9/11 and the 1998 embassy bombings and, for the first time, declared that al Qaeda was �responsible for bombing the USS Cole.� He reiterated the ultimatum that had already been conveyed privately. �The Taliban must act, and act immediately,� he said. �They will hand over the terrorists, or they will share in their fate.� The President added that America�s quarrel was not with Islam: �The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every [emphasis mine] government that supports them.� Other regimes faced hard choices, he pointed out: �

Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make: Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.�

President Bush argued that the new war went beyond Bin Ladin. �Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there,� he said. �It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped, and defeated. �The President had a message for the Pentagon: �The hour is coming when America will act, and you will make us proud.� He also had a message for those outside the United States. �This is civilization�s fight,� he said. �We ask every nation to join us.�

[edit on 5-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
In the notion of "Liberal verses Republican," one may realize that it was probably Lee Atwater and maybe the intelligence services, who put Ronald Reagan up to the "L word," speech. The liberal word was henceforth to be villified even more than the negatively connotated word "Republican."

In fact for years the word "Republican," was spoken with near shunning contempt, sometimes even unconsciously even by Republicans! Possibly it is just another brainwashing strategy of the mass media meeting the masses, much as we might have contempt for such an anti-individualist thing as "the masses."

Nowadays this transformation of the invisible adjective has had nearly disastrous consequences for our consciousness. In the pure meaning of those terms the word "Liberal," means tending towards freedom, a more Jeffersonian concept away from government.

In the pure meaning of Republican, we have the idea of a representative government, ergo having its basis in the fair treatment of all people under the watchful ideal of Constitutional government.

Sorry to bother Ollie North, but liberals are not anti-God, unless you are refering to the myth of your own creation. For those who think Republicans are in and of themselves "evil," think again, because that too is a myth of your own creation, a lap dog of actual goodness in principle, facing the pit bull of ill conceived public opinion. That is the state of our political language.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hello?

What did OLLIE say?

I'd like to comment..Like others have...BUT....I didn't hear it..Did anyone else?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Space, he said it on Sean Hannitys radio show. I dont have a link.
He said it today. Yes, i listen to the boob once in awhile to hear how the other side thinks. sickening.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make: Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.�

I would take that statement to mean that your either for us or against us.
right???

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
This is a sad quote from Ollie, I haven't seen it but if it is true it is beyond the bounds. The past few days I have seen many from the left saying equally hateful things such as "Bible thumpers", etc. which is equally as bad.

The fact is being faithful is not exclusive to the Republican party nor should it be. I believe a person's religious and non religious beliefs are their own personal decisions and not to be a factor in deciding public office.

This sword cuts both ways and those who have unleashed religious attacks towards the right should not be surprised when the right utters the opposite when referring to the left.

I however know that there are religious Repubs, and religious Dems and the same goes for those who are not. A person's choice on whether to worship or not and how they do it are a private matter and not bashing material to be used here or in the media.

Well said

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make: Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.�

- .....and it is quite clear what the vast majority of rest of the world thinks of that 'forced option' BS.

To put it bluntly, if that's you last word?

OK, then "F@@k off Bush".

It is absurd to claim the world now falls neatly into these 2 camps.

We will, of course, not stand with the terrorists. Don't be so f@@king stupid.

We Europeans know all about terrorism. We have lived with it day in day out for decades. We have lost many thousands of innocents to terrorism too you know. (Some of it thanks to American funding or plotting, thank you very much)

But neither will we stand with any enthusiasm with an irrational, dangerous, violent, unilateralist USA which is grossly exaggerating the level of 'threat' to capitalise on and further its' own political ends and the political ends of one of it's political parties..

Sorry but there you are, and if you're having trouble seeing this after all these years well, that's your problem.

.....and I have no doubt that were the situation reversed you guys would be saying much the same thing to us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join