It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planck Space Data Yields Evidence of Universes Beyond Our Own

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Also, if these other universes had an effect before, than theoretically they should still be having an effect. Most likely this effect would be stronger at the outer edges of our universe that would be nearer to an exterior universe. Maybe someday we could invent a satellite accurate enough to find the wobbles of exterior universes the way we find (or used to find
) planets around distant stars.

Another fascinating discovery

edit on 20-5-2013 by SouthernForkway26 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SouthernForkway26

Wouldn't that be the oldest observed objects?www.huffingtonpost.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">oldest object discovered

I would venture they, as they were around so early, they would be close to any other objects outside our known Universe. Trouble is we can barely even see them with our current technology.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

In OP's link they made the discovery using traces of radiation from the relative beginnings of our universe, so I would agree with you.

I assume that energy shortly after the big bang was nearer to our universe's edge than it is now, and maybe that has a difference in the way an external universe influences ours. Wouldn't the outer limits of our universe be moving closer to our neighboring universe as it expanded, thus the neighboring universes would have a larger effect now? I am not a scientist, I am just speculating...

The link in Pavil's OP also claims that one half of our universe is 'colder' due to an exterior universe. I would hypothesize that our nearest universe would be in that direction.

Maybe the universes are like bubbles in a sink. Generally they are round, but their shape is ultimately determined by the shape and size and position of the bubbles around it.

Sometimes I wish I was born 100 years from now.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Slugworth

I agree with you. I tend to think the same way. The problem is what happens when we really do reach a limit and there's nothing past it. What happens when the past isn't a guide.

What if one day we're trapped in this universe with no escape or no more growth?
edit on 20-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
One question is if the universes are separated or right up against each other. Since our home universe is expanding, it grows larger by the nanosecond, and unless the bubble effect is occuring where all the universes are rubbing up against each other and bubbling upwards then they must be separate (or some of the other ones are shrinking to make room for the space being created).

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So the term universe is starting to be defind by what exists and was caused by our creation big bang. So other universes would just be other big bangs external to our own. Just like our galaxy is one of billions so to is our universe just one of many...? I grew up understanding that the universe was everything so is multiverse the term that encompasses everything or perhaps Cosmos?
edit on 20-5-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Wait... if the universes are completely separate from our own, how does their gravity affect ours? If they can affect our own universe, wouldn't that mean they aren't separate, but part of the same general "space"?

I think perhaps this comes back to the WMAP findings. That project examined the CMB and found that the shape of the universe is best described as an open "infinite flat" model. If the universe were open and infinite as the data suggests, it may not be correct to think of a "universe" as a self-contained capsule of space-time. Instead of imagining bubbles floating around in some sort of void, it may be better to imagine something more like clusters of energy within an infinite sea of space... I think.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

One question is if the universes are separated or right up against each other. Since our home universe is expanding, it grows larger by the nanosecond, and unless the bubble effect is occuring where all the universes are rubbing up against each other and bubbling upwards then they must be separate (or some of the other ones are shrinking to make room for the space being created).

Consider what I just said in my last post. Space can expand, that's what causes all the galaxies in all directions to move away from us faster and faster. The space between us and the galaxy is stretching out and getting bigger and bigger. If we stop treating a universe as self contained "bubble" of space-time and say space-time is infinite and all encompassing, we can treat other universes just as we treat other galaxies in our universe. And it may be that all other universes are moving away from our universe just like all the galaxies move away from our galaxy because the space between us grows larger.
edit on 20/5/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slugworth
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think it depends on your definition of universe. In common usage the universe is the totality of all existence, but in some more scientific language it is limited to observable existence.

The word "Universe" literally means one song.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Thanks for posting. F&S&

....So multi-verses and space portals now are proven to exist. Seriously cool. I can hardly wait for the obvious...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Further evidence of Billy Meiers DAL universe... Not that ATS are interested in that aha.

Presumptuous scoundrels!!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Slugworth

If universe means totality of existence, that means there is no such things as other universes because if there were, our universe wouldn't be the totality of existence. Basically, there can't be more than one totality.

Interesting find nonetheless.

We would just re-define what "The universe" is just like we did when Hubble discovered our "known universe" the Milky Way was actually a galaxy and that the universe consisted of multiple galaxies...

Those multiple galaxies (eventually Billions) soon became our definition of the "Universe" but that is far from explaining totality...

The Multi-verse idea has been around for awhile and actually defines better everything that exists and can exist, where as a Universe is confined to where we exist.

Of course I remember reading about the Multi-verse in comics as a kid decades ago. Wonder where they go that idea?
edit on 20-5-2013 by abeverage because: addendums

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If space can and is expanding, then why is it only expanding between galaxies? How can space time expansion not effect the "space" between the atoms in my body, the space between the planets. The space between the atoms in the largest stars?

How is space selectively expanding only in "space" if nearly everything in the universe is moving away from us, that seems to suggest we are the center. If I make a big circle looking out around me and everything is moving away I must conclude that I am the only stationary object.

Why, when we know we are moving in an orbit and thus towards some objects, do they still appear to be moving away from us?

I believe the general findings of this experiment relate back to M-theory do they not? Where the exsistance of mulitple universes is observed between colliding membranes.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

That's something I've always thought myself. Basically the whole microcosm macrocosm thing.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm starting to accept the fact that I will never know the true answers of space. Does it suck...sure but in all honesty it probably will save me one huge headache because I wouldn't understand it anyways, lol.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
R

Originally posted by kdog1982
Very cool.

Think of our universe as a bubble among other bubbles.Then you go,where did all these bubbles come from?

Oh I don't like this anology at all very misleading. What they are trying to prove or say they did is there is a mulitiverse. There is two leading theorys one is we are one of the universes located on a p brain god I love that name. Or space time is so vast that periodically big bangs occur creating new universes that are so distant that for all intensive purposes they are separate because there is no way to reach them.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by vind21

If space can and is expanding, then why is it only expanding between galaxies? How can space time expansion not effect the "space" between the atoms in my body, the space between the planets. The space between the atoms in the largest stars?

How is space selectively expanding only in "space" if nearly everything in the universe is moving away from us, that seems to suggest we are the center. If I make a big circle looking out around me and everything is moving away I must conclude that I am the only stationary object.

Why, when we know we are moving in an orbit and thus towards some objects, do they still appear to be moving away from us?

I believe the general findings of this experiment relate back to M-theory do they not? Where the exsistance of mulitple universes is observed between colliding membranes.

Ok space expanding confuses people so let's say its not expanding its being created.There is ghost particles that pop in and out of existance in most instances they pop out like they were not there.However in a vacume something strange happens they don't disapear. And this is the main reason why the galaxys fly apart nothing but empty space between them.However within say are gallaxy there is stuff between stars so space isn't created between stars and thus they don't fly away.Here's the hardest part galaxies aren't moving away just the space between them is getting larger. The universe isn't really expanding its just creating space this is why galaxies can look like they are traveling faster then light.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

This is weird - several hours after you put up a thread outlining the first physical proof that there are other universes besides ours (which seemed obvious after the findings that everything in our 'verse was accelerating rather than slowing down, "everything" here being pulled by the stronger gravity of other universes) it has what, 7 flags???? So one of the biggest stories in human history...

If it is. If it's true.

Seems to me that someone is making a mountain of conjecture out of a molehill of empirical data. Besides, haven't we driven by this particular carcrash before? Didn't Sir Roger Penrose and a disciple or two pen something of the same nature? It got shot down pretty quick, as I remember.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

However within say are gallaxy there is stuff between stars so space isn't created between stars and thus they don't fly away.

Let me just simplify this for you: gravity counter acts the dark energy / gravitational constant.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

....So multi-verses and space portals now are proven to exist. Seriously cool. I can hardly wait for the obvious...

I wouldn't go so far as to say proven. There is still much more they will have to do to really prove it. I'm sure the data could indicate other possibilities too. It is however very intriguing. Maybe the Big Bang created all the multiverses at pretty much the same time, all just "vibrating" at slightly different levels so they can effect each other but only slightly where they sync up in their vibrations. Kinda like cross over points. You can't really see them themselves just the traces they leave behind them.

I've read the the further a stellar object is from the big bang start point (however they figured that out), the faster it is accelerating. Almost as if it is being pulled towards "something". Maybe dark matter has something to play in all of this.

I'm not an Astrophysicist so please someone correct me if I am wrong on things. Pretty heady stuff, that's for sure.
edit on 20-5-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join