Palestinian kids swept up in wave of Israeli arrests

page: 1
10
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Palestinian kids swept up in wave of Israeli arrests


TEL AVIV – Ahmed Jawabreh, 14, was asleep in his home in early April at the al-Arub refugee camp near Hebron, in the occupied West Bank, when Israeli soldiers came looking for him. He had been anticipating exams at school in the morning, not a knock at the door at 3:30 a.m.
Ahmed was arrested that night for allegedly throwing stones at Israeli soldiers in the camp earlier in the day and wasn’t released for another 18 days, when a judge ordered that a fine of $1,100 be paid and that Ahmed be placed under house arrest.
His was only one of a recent wave of arrests of Palestinian children by Israeli authorities, human rights groups say. According to Defence for Children International (DCI), an independent non-governmental organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, since the beginning of this year there has been a 17 percent increase in arrests of Palestinian children. An average of 198 children were arrested each month in 2012; that average has risen to 232 arrests during the first three months of 2013, DCI reported.
Human rights groups say that in Hebron in particular – where Ahmed was detained – there are clear violations of international law on a daily basis, with children as young as 8 being held for violations ranging from throwing stones to being in restricted areas illegally. On March 20 alone, Israeli soldiers arrested 27 children in Hebron.


Looks like Israel's war on children continues. How dare a child throw stones at the soldiers of a nation that stole his home and forced him into a refugee camp. But 18 days in prison wasn't enough but they also want money. Haven't these people lost enough already? Is there no end to Israels greed? To handcuff and blindfold a child like this is sickening.




posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I wish I understood the truth of what's going on over there.
I can't contribute anymore to this other than my disgust over military arresting children.

How frightening that must be for a child, and how powerless the families must feel.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 



So,. . from what I gather he was assaulting the military troops.

Regardless of age, someone in this country that assaults military troops is "Dealt" with.

How is this different?

The boy is Lucky as Hell that they didn't go All "Kent State" on his @$$, After all their Rules of Engagement are Allot different than the laws that govern Our Troops.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Israel blows up Palestinians, Palestinians blow up Israelis.

Can we just remove the chain from Israel already and let them take care of their own mess? I'm tired of conservative Christians telling me I have to support Israel. No, I don't, because God never intended the Jews to have a new state, nor rebuild the temple, nor kill innocent people and get themselves in a never ending war over land. They keep telling me that the Jews are God's chosen people. Really? Because they rejected Christ even after Jesus told them God's wrath would came down upon them in 70 A.D..

Yeah. We could just use all that money we send to Israel to fight the deficit, and we'd probably end up in the black within a month's time.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by buster2010
 



So,. . from what I gather he was assaulting the military troops.

Regardless of age, someone in this country that assaults military troops is "Dealt" with.

How is this different?

The boy is Lucky as Hell that they didn't go All "Kent State" on his @$$, After all their Rules of Engagement are Allot different than the laws that govern Our Troops.

So like a good little slave he should know his place huh? Maybe you should learn what the definition of the word alleged means. I know in Israels kangaroo court that means guilty but we have a different meaning for the word here. And what is Israels Rules of Engagement oh yeah "One Israelis life is worth a thousand Arabs"? Or is it "Go after the kids they are the ones most likely to not shoot back"? Hitler would be proud of the nation he helped to create.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 


It has Absolutely Nothing to do with Knowing his place.

Does "Knowing your Place" keep you from assaulting the Military?
I think not.

As far as alleged goes. . .. ..
There are Probably Witnesses. AND, .. someone who was with him more than likely turned him in for a lesser charge.

Also they probably have 20-30 Cell Phone Videos placing Him at the Scene of the Crime with Rocks in his hand.

If you are going to be the Boys Cheerleading Section, you are going to have to do better than that.
edit on 19-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
_______________________

American civilians should be supporting
Pales in defending their homes and families,
just as in u.s.

Not supporting welfare cheats over-seas = smart .
________________________



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by buster2010
 


It has Absolutely Nothing to do with Knowing his place.

Does "Knowing your Place" keep you from assaulting the Military?
I think not.

As far as alleged goes. . .. ..
There are Probably Witnesses. AND, .. someone who was with him more than likely turned him in for a lesser charge.

Also they probably have 20-30 Cell Phone Videos placing Him at the Scene of the Crime with Rocks in his hand.

If you are going to be the Boys Cheerleading Section, you are going to have to do better than that.
edit on 19-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)


Reread the article there was no proof of him doing anything.


Ahmed, who says he admitted to throwing stones only after being mistreated, said the soldiers beat him after the cameras were turned off.

Sounds like the tortured him and then they beat him. Now if it was like you said why didn't any proof of him doing it show up in court?

Seeing how you are backing the new age Nazis then you are going to have to do better.



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 


Of course they are Not going to show any Proof, It is an Active Investigation.

Are you really saying that I am supporting the "New Age Nazis"?

You really need to bite your tongue.

Have a look at yourself. Quoting Hitler and Belittling Israel all in the same Signature.

It is appalling and in Very Poor Taste. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I would actually prefer if you kept your personal Nazi views Out of this Arena.


edit on 20-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
We need to send them some more cash then by golly.

These folks are the only good people in the middle east, everyone else is bad people.


VOMIT



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Like Golda Meir said back in the 60s, when Palestinian mothers stop strapping bombs to their children, there will be peace in the MIddle East...



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Palestinian kids swept up in wave of Israeli arrests


TEL AVIV – Ahmed Jawabreh, 14, was asleep in his home in early April at the al-Arub refugee camp near Hebron, in the occupied West Bank, when Israeli soldiers came looking for him. He had been anticipating exams at school in the morning, not a knock at the door at 3:30 a.m.
Ahmed was arrested that night for allegedly throwing stones at Israeli soldiers in the camp earlier in the day and wasn’t released for another 18 days, when a judge ordered that a fine of $1,100 be paid and that Ahmed be placed under house arrest.
His was only one of a recent wave of arrests of Palestinian children by Israeli authorities, human rights groups say. According to Defence for Children International (DCI), an independent non-governmental organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, since the beginning of this year there has been a 17 percent increase in arrests of Palestinian children. An average of 198 children were arrested each month in 2012; that average has risen to 232 arrests during the first three months of 2013, DCI reported.
Human rights groups say that in Hebron in particular – where Ahmed was detained – there are clear violations of international law on a daily basis, with children as young as 8 being held for violations ranging from throwing stones to being in restricted areas illegally. On March 20 alone, Israeli soldiers arrested 27 children in Hebron.


Looks like Israel's war on children continues. How dare a child throw stones at the soldiers of a nation that stole his home and forced him into a refugee camp. But 18 days in prison wasn't enough but they also want money. Haven't these people lost enough already? Is there no end to Israels greed? To handcuff and blindfold a child like this is sickening.

this is complete madness
he is JUST A KID, and what you know! they just picked the right time to arrest him so he would not pass his exams, there for falling in his school, this is just typical. a way to destroy a kids hope.
and what the DCI did well nothing
edit on 20-5-2013 by anonymose because: it needed to be changed



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
America's 100% support of Israel is such a one sided deal, it's ridiculous.

Why they continue to support this Government of Apartheid is beyond me. When the South Africans were doing stuff that wasn't even half as bad as this, the US Government had sanctions against them enacted in the UN.



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   


Text Looks like Israel's war on children continues. How dare a child throw stones at the soldiers of a nation that stole his home and forced him into a refugee camp. But 18 days in prison wasn't enough but they also want money. Haven't these people lost enough already? Is there no end to Israels greed? To handcuff and blindfold a child like this is sickening.
reply to post by buster2010
 


I see where you have never fought hands down in a war. Ever hear of the Vet Cong? Children? Better rethink what you preach because those little darlings can kill you in a heart beat and have killed many with rocks. Tomorrow it won't be rocks but will guns from the Obama gang.

As far as stealing homes, better reread the true history books and leave those commie rags alone. It was not Israel who attacked the entire middle east Muslims but it was the entire mid east Muslims who attacked Israel and got the crap kicked out of them. Still did not teach them anything did it? Next one may be the big bomb and then no one wins. But better to take them all to hell than let them do another holocaust. Guess who will get the fall out? You just might get what what you want.



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by buster2010
 


Of course they are Not going to show any Proof, It is an Active Investigation.

Are you really saying that I am supporting the "New Age Nazis"?

You really need to bite your tongue.

Have a look at yourself. Quoting Hitler and Belittling Israel all in the same Signature.

It is appalling and in Very Poor Taste. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I would actually prefer if you kept your personal Nazi views Out of this Arena.


edit on 20-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

So even with just an investigation it's commonplace to handcuff, blindfold then beat the suspect? When Israel calls themselves a Democracy they dirty the word.

Zionist are the new age Nazis they backed Hitler and put him into power. Also Hitler paid for the first Israeli civil servants to be trained not to mention shipping enough machinery there to start a new country. If it were not for Hitler there would be no Israel. Look at the similarities on how the Nazis treated the Jews then look at how the Zionist are treating the Palestinians it looks like a mirror image.



The quote from Hitler is accurate. Fear of terrorism is a very good way to control people it's worked wonders in America. So an American senator saying he serves America only is belittling Israel? How? He is supposed to serve only America any American senator caught serving another nation should be charged with treason.

None of my views are Nazi views just the views of a person that is fed up with seeing his nation throw billions of dollars away and sending our soldiers to be killed fighting wars that are not ours to fight.

edit on 21-5-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 


So let me see if I have this right. .. .. .. .. .

You are Completely in Contradiction of yourself.

First you are whining and complaining how a criminal is being Mistreated and that something Needs to be done. .. AND THEN. .. . You say that OUR Contry Needs to Stop sticking their Noses into everyones Business and Stop sending US Troops to other countries to Protect those Poor innocent Criminals .. .. ..

Is that about the size of it .. .. .?

Well, .. . Which is it. .. . ?



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoyd23
 

What do you think makes a mother to strap a bomb to her child?....I would have liked the hear the answer Golda gave to this question.



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by shapur
reply to post by Zoyd23
 

What do you think makes a mother to strap a bomb to her child?....I would have liked the hear the answer Golda gave to this question.


Golda Meir did not actually say that, what she did say was “We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children. We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us.”

Now to answer your question (by me) having lived amongst both Israeli's and Palestinians (I volunteered to a refugee camp when I was young and also did a stint on a Kibbutz before hand). I would say that the reason a Palestinian mother would strap a bomb on her child is because they are brainwashed by propaganda and religion (by religious leaders and society as a whole) to embrace martrydom, they think that they will be blessed by Allah, they also receive financial rewards from the Palestinian/Arab leadership and it gives them an elevated place in society (amongst Muslims).

I think the quote from Golda Meit is quite apt and suitable. Unfortunately, many people cannot do anything but hate, so they cannot see any reason! It seems ok for some that kids should throw rocks at people and yet their should be no arrests or investigation. Can you imagine living in a society where that was normal???

Or you could live in a barbaric society where because your suspected of colluding with an enemy, you are arrested, marched out of your house, tortured and beaten to a pulp, shot, knifed, hacked at with machetes then have a rope tied around your neck attached to a motorbike and then dragged through the streets to show the public what happens to suspects!

Barbaric Death! No trial? No jury? No defence? - NOTHING but barbaric death!

And what kind of society would that be? Oh yes, Palestinian!

I do not support either Israel or Palestine in this mess, I support peace and logic, both societies have to learn to live in peace with each other. from my experience, it is what many on both sides want, including many Israeli politicians (if the truth were known) however, it is the Arab leadership that uses the Palestinian cause to attempt to destroy Israel through whatever means they can employ, without destroying themselves. many Palestinian leaders know this and are happy to continue whilst they bank the funds being sent from all over the muslim world to continue this cause! Unfortunately, it is usually the innocent or ignorant civillians who are used and get caught up in the slaughter that ensues, not the political or religious leaders.

I was very sympathetic to the Palestinian cause when I was young, I even dated a Palestinian girl in London for a time however, what I have seen with my own eyes has scarred me for life!

So therefore, i believe that Golda Meir's statement is not only true, but the only way forward!
edit on 23/5/13 by Hongkongphooey because: (no reason given)
edit on 23/5/13 by Hongkongphooey because: typos





top topics
 
10
<<   2 >>

log in

join