It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Reasons Why Obama’s Popularity Is Likely to Plummet; The politics of hope & the politics of nope

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
You are really shocked at the President's Progressiveness? What did you think you were voting for? Didn't he give you Sandra fluke, Plan B contraceptives for 15 year olds, paid for contraception, socialized health care, humanist intervention for those poor Libyans and now Syrians....higher taxes for the wealthy, rewriting the manual for prosecuting soldiers who proclaim their Christianity, sex ed for kindergartners(yes it's in Common Core), and Agenda 21 by Executive order thenewamerican.com...

and on and on.

didn't you want all that?
edit on 20-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

So this is all the corporations fault huh? And especially the ones that left the country to survive? And you can count Ms Pelosi as one of the wealthy ones, hypocrite that she is.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Reason 1. - He lies.

Reason 2. - He cries after he lies.

Reason 3. - Please see reason number 1.

Reason 4. - Please see reason number 2.

Reason 5. - Please see reason number 3.

Reason 6. - Please see reason number 4.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The New American is an extremist right-wing propaganda machine - just like Beck.
You really should spend some time looking at other sources, like NPR, RightWingWatch, Consortium News, and others that try to provide balance.

You are so wrong about Progressives that it should embarrass you.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

So this is all the corporations fault huh? And especially the ones that left the country to survive?

Yep!!!
They left the country so THEY could get rich, and left working Americans in the dust, whose 'survival' they don't give a crap about. Nice. Rampant greed and profiteering. Sickening.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

As if those corporations don't have obligations to their shareholders.

edit on 21-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What?!! Their main concern is their damned 'shareholders'!!!!

Which is WHY 'Wall Street' and "publicly traded funds" need to GO!!!!!
gha

What about the EMPLOYEES who are the actual PRODUCERS of the goods/services that the 'shareholders' profit from?
WHAT ABOUT THEM?!!!

If every one of those 'worker-bees' walked off the job on the same day, the 'shareholders' would be SUNK. And FAST.

Holy cow.
The lack of understanding of "symbiosis" on this site is really outlandishly strange. So, it's okay with you if Americans lose their jobs so that workers in Bangladesh can earn five cents an hour and if the building they're working in collapses it's just, "oh well" *shrug* "sucks to be them!
But look at my dividends! Honey, come quick!"

Really. ??

edit on 21-5-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Because in a corporation the shareholders are the OWNERS of said corporation. And most corporations leave the country not because of the employees, but because of the tax code. Example, the US has a 35% corporate tax rate, Canada has a 15% rate. I did something similar when I was active duty USAF. I changed my home of record to Florida because they do not withhold state income taxes.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Hold on now. Before I sit here and let you lecture me on Economics, do you understand the fundamental difference between "profits" and "profit margins"?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Because in a corporation the shareholders are the OWNERS of said corporation. And most corporations leave the country not because of the employees, but because of the tax code. Example, the US has a 35% corporate tax rate, Canada has a 15% rate. I did something similar when I was active duty USAF. I changed my home of record to Florida because they do not withhold state income taxes.

Well, congratulations.

If the WORKERS were the OWNERS of said corporation, and benefited DIRECTLY from the corporation's profits, there wouldn't be a "TAX EVASION" issue going on. Which is what you are 'explaining' to 'justify' the loss of American jobs.
Sickening.
You just really, REALLY REALLY! don't get it, do you? You don't.
What an abysmal example of a 'Christian'. And an "apologist", no less.
:shk:
edit on 21-5-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Oh, please. Stop with your accusations of 'lecturing' you.
You are an adult. You are intelligent, and self-reportedly well-read, and you are NOT my kid.

This is ridiculous and circular. The facts are the facts.

People DIED in Bangladesh so that Joe Cool (or who-the-hell-ever) could get rich with a Manhattan storefront line of clothes. Oh! But, the 'shareholders realized a fantastic PROFIT! Who cares about the dead scumbag workers?
Stupid scumbag workers, willing to work in a death-trap 14 hours a day for $2 or $3 measly bucks.

YOU
CANNOT
DENY
NOR DEFEND
THAT.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I never said anything about tax evasion. That would be a business or entity not paying what they owe. That's apples to oranges when talking about a corp moving offshore to a nation with less confiscatory taxes.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

NO IT IS NOT. It is BLATANT tax evasion. For heaven's sake, NuT.
Taking advantage of 'loopholes' to earn more for the 'shareholders' and subjecting people to collapsing buildings and making them work for a nickel per hour is SICK! OMG.

Seriously?

Wow.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Moving your business overseas isn't a crime. Tax evasion would be let's say last year I owed 5,000 in taxes but I fudged my return and only paid them 2,500.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hey Wild, I know exactly how you feel. Politics is a difficult place for people who are both politically aware and have a degree of integrity. We're encouraged by media, by pundits and by the politicians themselves to treat politics like a sport or the plot of a movie... us vs them, good vs evil and sooo many fall for it.

Sadly by 2016 I think it will only be worse. I think the majority of voters in this country are center, center left and center right but the most vocal politicians, pundits and groups are far right while anything far left may as well not exist mainly because we're told Liberal and Progressive is far left in combination with tons of misinformation. Anyway that's my major issue and I'm starting to rant about it lol.

My point is there's enough 'scandal' popping up that keeps everyone firmly planted where they are and turning up their noses and sticking their fingers in their ears when 'the other side' speaks. So nothing will change and I'm afraid we're only going to wind up more polarized and by 2016 Obama's popularity will remain about the same as it is now.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

What a load of crap. And you KNOW IT. The ONLY reason they go overseas is to increase profits by exploiting people over there, and avoiding being TAXED here. Capital gains should be taxed just like income from wages. And "tax havens" should be eliminated.

That's 2
s for you now.
edit on 23-5-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Agreed, Kali.

It really is difficult. One of the problems is the lobbying & insider trading going on on Capitol Hill and in state Capitols everywhere. There are others - there should be term limits, campaigns should be short - maybe, say, 3 months - and the only avenue for campaigning should be a LIMITED number of "air-time" or "news releases" at no cost.

End the tax system and plug the loopholes once and for all. And I mean that both ways..."Once and for all", and also "For ALL".

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

What a load of crap. And you KNOW IT. The ONLY reason they go overseas is to increase profits by exploiting people over there, and avoiding being TAXED here. Capital gains should be taxed just like income from wages. And "tax havens" should be eliminated.

That's 2
s for you now.

Of course they go to maximize profits and avoid massive corporate taxes! It's been the model since the ROMAN EMPIRE!! And numbskulls in government are to hooked on taxing and spending to learn from the hundreds of examples from history. You see this on a personal level with taxpayers. There is massive migration from states like New York and California to states without income tax like Florida and Texas.

How are you going to eliminate tax havens? Force other sovereign nations to make corporations pay corporate tax??

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

How are you going to eliminate tax havens? Force other sovereign nations to make corporations pay corporate tax??
Well, if we're headed for a global government and common standards,....
YES.

(Not "FORCE" though. Obviously that doesn't work.) No, ESTABLISH a common standard, wherein everyone is accountable to the agreed-upon "laws".

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Why don't we abolish direct income taxes?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join