It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Reasons Why Obama’s Popularity Is Likely to Plummet; The politics of hope & the politics of nope

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by seabag

Gary Johnson kind of voter.

Gary Johnson was my choice as well, based on my beliefs - however, I knew he had no chance of winning, and I believed Obama and thought he was the better - more humanistic - choice over Romney.

Oh, I hear you. One of the 2 big party candidates always wins. I waited until the very end to vote so I could see if Johnson had a shot...even waited for RP to make an independent run. In the end I held my breathe and voted for who I considered the lessor (at least slightly) of two evils - Mittens.

With the possibility of another Obama term in 2016 or Billary I'm really losing hope. I just don't see someone from the outside (outside the crony capitalist system) coming in. Personally, I'm hoping Ted Cruz runs. I like what he's done so far and I think he could win. I'd prefer a non-political business guy like Perot but I just don't see anyone breaking up the 2 party cabal until conservatives break from the GOP.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by seabag

Gary Johnson kind of voter.

Gary Johnson was my choice as well, based on my beliefs - however, I knew he had no chance of winning, and I believed Obama and thought he was the better - more humanistic - choice over Romney.

Neoliberals have highjacked the democrat party and neoconservatives have hijacked the republican party. I have no problem with TRADITIONAL liberals and TRADITIONAL conservatives. The neo type is globalist scum as far as I can tell.

That is why they were accussing bush and cheney of being neocons. I accuse obama of being a neoliberal.

Lets get rid of the neos. Dennis Kucinich seems to be honest from D party and Ron Paul certainly was honest from the republican party. Rand Paul is turning out to be a huge disappointment as he is flip flopping worse then romney at times.

I like the constitution party and green party. I am liberal on social issues and progressive on financial issues. Libertarians tend to be liberal on social issues and conservative on financial issues, so it does not quite match up for me. Neither do the two mainstream parties. D are all around liberal and R are all around conservative. Not my cup of tea.

I suggest people vote for whom they feel better represents them regardless if the party and candidate have a real chance of sucess or not. There is no wasted vote except for voting for the wrong party and I have seen plenty of that. I remember the romney shills here a few months ago all too well telling people not to vote for gary johnson but to vote for romney. Ron Paul SHOULD have won the republican nomination and then he probably would have ousted Barrack Obama.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
With the possibility of another Obama term in 2016

How can you have another Obama term in 2016? He only gets two terms.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by jacobe001

You left out the unions. Major and obvious omission.

unions?...c'mon...they have very little control over the workforce in this country. a little over 11% of workers are unionsized, leaving close to 89% completely controlled by some corporate board, or private owner.
en.wikipedia.org...
.the wealthy have been working for decades to get rid of them, and they are getting close to doing so. plus, no raise in the minimum wage for 7 years....NOBODY in the top echelons of corporations or government have had their wages frozen for 7 years...so the people on the bottom are subsidizing the wealthy and powerful....and yet....the people at the bottom are critized, and called lazy bums, for asking for help with food stamps, healthcare, and housing....the wealthy are simpy a bunch of labor leeches.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I just don't see anyone breaking up the 2 party cabal until conservatives break from the GOP.

But conservatives won't break from the GOP because it's the only game in town. Any third party conservative group will suffer the same treatment that the Tea Party did which is essentially being "bought out" .

www.nytimes.com...

Money is the mothers milk of politics...J. Unhru...and as long as government is fed by the special interest, lobbyists and corporate contributions we are essentially SOL.

I also voted for Gary Johnson as well as covering his campaign as a producer, for our local cable public access channel He is an honorable man! I'm proud that I didn't sell my soul to either of the neocon mouth pieces.

edit on 27-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Its not really the parties themselves to blame. Its more the candidates and the problematic evolution of the two big parties. They are devolving into chaos. The ptb know that if you spend enough money they can in effect create a "two sides of the same coin" monopoly. That is why they don't spend money on all the parties. They don't have to. When you control mainstream usa then in effect you control everything. Call people who stray outside as fringe nutjobs.
edit on 27/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

That's what YOU THINK!

I wouldn't be surprised if he used an executive order to get rid of the 22nd amendment.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

But conservatives won't break from the GOP because it's the only game in town. Any third party conservative group will suffer the same treatment that the Tea Party did which is essentially being "bought out" .

We’ve got to start somewhere. If 40-50% of the Republican party broke and formed a conservative party I think it would gather steam quickly. Everyone is SICK of the 2 party BS. Either we keep crying about it or we do something about it. I want to see a break! I’m sick of the Neocons like McCain, Bush, Romney et al. People like me have no representation anymore.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

That's what YOU THINK!

I wouldn't be surprised if he used an executive order to get rid of the 22nd amendment.

Sooner or later when either the tea party or occupy "go overboard" they will probably declare martial law and do away with elections for as long as they want, sending people to fema camps to get re-educated and mabye to get killed.

I feel they are intentionally letting the corruption get *out of hand* in order to provoke the public. Their renewed attempt at a second and more strict "assault weapons" ban in conjunction with ordering up 90% of all the ammunition, plus the continous scandals can only point to this.

Unless of course we have WW3 first as Obama and Clinton care immensely more about giving weapons to drug cartels and the muslim brotherhood in the middle east, then they care about solving american problems. The future looks dim for the time being. Still I reserve some hope!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Sooner or later when either the tea party or occupy "go overboard" they will probably declare martial law and do away with elections for as long as they want, sending people to fema camps to get re-educated and mabye to get killed.

I feel they are intentionally letting the corruption get *out of hand* in order to provoke the public. Their renewed attempt at a second and more strict "assault weapons" ban in conjunction with ordering up 90% of all the ammunition, plus the continous scandals can only point to this.

Excellent! Another person who thinks this is what’s happening.

Unless of course we have WW3 first as Obama and Clinton care immensely more about giving weapons to drug cartels and the muslim brotherhood in the middle east, then they care about solving american problems. The future looks dim for the time being. Still I reserve some hope!

I still hold out hope but it’s fading fast. Things seem to be on a downward spiral and it’s clear the people ‘representing us’ (I use that term loosely) aren’t going to change course. The best hope for a course change is still over a year away – midterm elections. If a mass-personnel change doesn’t occur and new minds aren't brought into the game to change our direction then 15’ and 16’ are going to be pure, unfiltered, unobstructed hell on earth!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And that is why despite my left leaning tendencies I was against the renewed "assualt weapons" ban and for mild gun control. To be honest if it came to no gun control at all or full gun control I would choose no gun control at all.

The best one can hope for is a lame duck president with tons of scandals and lots of impeachment hearings. Draw it out as much as possible. Obama and Biden NEED to play more golf, have more dinner parties and spend some time in congress getting grilled.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by olaru12

We’ve got to start somewhere. If 40-50% of the Republican party broke and formed a conservative party I think it would gather steam quickly. Everyone is SICK of the 2 party BS. Either we keep crying about it or we do something about it. I want to see a break! I’m sick of the Neocons like McCain, Bush, Romney et al. People like me have no representation anymore.

Here's the problem as I see it. Money....as long as corporations are deemed "people" and can contribute to whom ever they think will work in their best interest; the 2 party system will not be changed by any type of grass roots movement. So basically we are held hostage by the mega corps that you so revere and a capitalistic system with no checks and balances. Weren't you paying attention to the bailouts, wall street and banking scandals etc. See the real power structure? It isn't in DC....it's in board rooms, country club golf courses, gated communities and private clubs all over the world. It's a "pay to play" system and nothing short of an act of God will change it. I would think that you being a product of the "military/industrial complex" could see who the power players are. It's the people that control the big guns not politicians. Politicians are the lap dogs of CEOs!!

Good luck though in finding a political haven where you can feel comfortable. I doubt however if you would feel very comfortable in the Libertarian party....to many hippies!!!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

That's what YOU THINK!

Never going to happen. You can take that to the bank.

If a mass-personnel change doesn’t occur and new minds aren't brought into the game to change our direction then 15’ and 16’ are going to be pure, unfiltered, unobstructed hell on earth!

When Obama was first elected, a lot of people claimed 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 were going to be pure, unfiltered, unobstructed hell on earth. Needless to say, they weren't.

I won't hold my breath for 2015 and 2016.
edit on 27/5/13 by Sankari because: added quote...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Here's the problem as I see it. Money....as long as corporations are deemed "people" and can contribute to whom ever they think will work in their best interest; the 2 party system will not be changed by any type of grass roots movement. So basically we are held hostage by the mega corps that you so revere and a capitalistic system with no checks and balances. Weren't you paying attention to the bailouts, wall street and banking scandals etc. See the real power structure? It isn't in DC....it's in board rooms, country club golf courses, gated communities and private clubs all over the world. It's a "pay to play" system and nothing short of an act of God will change it.

As I’ve said before on this very thread…ethical people CANNOT be BOUGHT. It doesn’t take an “act of God” but rather some ethical people making and enforcing the rules.

Good luck though in finding a political haven where you can feel comfortable. I doubt however if you would feel very comfortable in the Libertarian party....to many hippies!!!

There is such a thing (at least to me) as TOO Libertarian (LIB’ertarian)

I am what Jessie Ventura once described as "Libertarian-lite".

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

That's what YOU THINK!

Never going to happen. You can take that to the bank.

Should I take it to the Bank of Australia or the Bank of America?

When Obama was first elected, a lot of people claimed 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 were going to be pure, unfiltered, unobstructed hell on earth. Needless to say, they weren't.

Ummmm....it's pretty bad. Then again, you don't live here to experience it.

edit on 27-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Bohemian Grove is where all the bilderbergers meet in secrecy to relax and conduct business. These people are top level masons that have infiltrated government, church, world organisations like the UN, the military, etc.

Alex Jones is the only HERO in america. Of course I could talk about david icke, richard hoagland, john lear, bob lazar etc......but that is advanced level material.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

As I’ve said before on this very thread…ethical people CANNOT be BOUGHT. It doesn’t take an “act of God” but rather some ethical people making and enforcing the rules.

If, as I surmise, that the real power is corporate power; you won't be able to find enough ethical people to get up a decent game of vollyball.

Personally I'm not prepared to play the role of Diogenes! Are you?

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not saying that there aren't ethical people out there but I just don't see them getting involved in the unethical world of business and politics. Honesty and ethics in those worlds, is seen as a sign of weakness to be exploited. God help us....

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Libertarian candidates have said they would abolish the IRS and FED if they get elected. Once those two criminal "government agencies" get abolished and new currency issued, then some folks are gonna be heading to guantanamo to get waterboarded.

I suspect most third parties would go after them as well. Its getting to the point were communism is looking ok just to get rid of the capitalist parasites at the top. Maybe people like stalin and castro KNEW what they were doing afterall. Maybe that is why they went after Kim Jung Un and he had to threaten nuclear war to get those pricks off his back.

Maybe the world is not what it seems
Maybe some of the bad guys had to take care of business
Sometimes you have fight fire with fire
Just sayin....

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by jacobe001

You left out the unions. Major and obvious omission.

Nothing Major about them, but I'll go along with you.
They represent a small part of the problem:
They are at the bottom of the list.
Unions have no power in the government compared to the top dogs.

www.opensecrets.org...

1998- 2013

Misc Business $5,544,515,585
Health $5,485,875,161
Finance/Insur/RealEst $5,481,782,185
Communic/Electronics $4,516,081,244
Energy/Nat Resource $4,080,975,358
Other $2,948,801,871
Transportation $2,836,188,460
Ideology/Single-Issue $1,818,958,765
Agribusiness $1,659,448,396
Defense $1,570,287,009
Construction $601,718,742
Labor $548,211,641
Lawyers & Lobbyists $395,086,969

I agree to get the Unions out if you agree to get the Wall Street Lobbyists as well as their wall street cronies in the government out? Not to mention Big Pharma, War Profiteers and others embedded in it.

DEAL?

Watch how many Crony Capitalists Business's in this country go bankrupt when they can't have Uncle Sugar Propping them up with Contracts and other sweetheart deals.
edit on 27-5-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

North Korean state propaganda. Its interesting to get an outside look of what others think of america. Granted its exaggerated but still its kinda funny. Lots of truth to it as well.

edit on 27/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join