It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappelle Lives & Breathes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I hope the "People" forum is the right place for this. I don't know how many people will care, but I am pretty excited.

I am sure most of you know who Dave Chappelle is. I am a huge fan, being that I am just a huge fan of stand-up in general, and I think he's the funniest comic alive. Why is he being mentioned on ATS? Well as some may be aware, about 7 years ago, Mr. Chappelle walked away from 50 million dollars and took off for Africa. When he got back he did a series of interviews, Inside The Actor's Studio being the stand out, where he hinted at some pretty shady stuff going down in Hollywood. Since then, he has pretty much been off the radar. Now maybe it's because he was fed up with celebrity, or maybe it's because he was basically blacklisted from the business.

What has to be understood is how hot Chappelle was right before he went away. His show's DVD is still the best selling of all time. So what happens to someone this big when he starts speaking out? He gets called crazy. He was accused of smoking crack among other claims to discredit his character. All because, as he says in his stand up when addressing the issues, he figured the game out.

So where is one of the most successful comics of all time at now? For the last number of years you could find clips of him around youtube doing his act in small clubs with minimal audiences. The man obviously still loves his work, he is just keeping it on the down low. That is until now, hopefully.

If rumors are correct, Chappelle is teaming with Chris Rock to do a major tour this year. At a recent club appearance he was asked by a member of the crowd, "Why comeback?". His response was that private school is expensive. So it seems like we have some laughs in store from Dave Chappelle sooner rather than later. But the real question is, will he intertwine some truth into the comedy. I've seen internet clips where he hints at things and is even critical of Obama to a degree.

I for one would pay to see a night of Chappelle speaking out against TPTB. Here is a little video from youtube of him talking about some of his experiences. I just hope he doesn't talk to loud. Bad things tend to happen when public figures start speaking up.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm interested to know where the invisible walls and gates are, to the illuminati fortress that all these celebs get to enter. They go in as mere mortals with dollar signs in their eyes and return as enlightened souls, who are sworn to secrecy, but if they dare let out a word, it's off to the backwaters with them. Silence or death.

Until they return, then we listen, catching every whisper.

So.. where is this place. Why is it all these rap stars and pointless 'celebs' are in on it. Why don't we just all storm it and take over the control room, send out the master kill switch from the control panel and disable their evil robotic minions. We can doooooeettt..

No but really, why would dave have any insider knowledge that say... that homeless guy standing on the corner yelling crazy.. why?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBateman

I once found myself in the same room with someone close to this story. I was told that it is rumored, Dave may have had a psychedelic experience that led to an epiphany and a short term obsession.

I don't know how to discuss it within the T&Cs.
But if you've been there or know someone who has, you may be familiar with temporary paradigm shifts that can result from this type of experience. Shifts that can make you want to walk away from "it all" and just enjoy for a while.

I will not back up this post with names, dates, photos or anything so take it as you will.

edit on 19-5-2013 by tanda7 because: spelling

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I would pay very good money to see him live. Best comic of all time. And way to real for his own good.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

That's very interesting, and considering the content of his act at times, not all that surprising. Not saying it's true for sure, but I could see it as a possibility. He actually has a bit regarding mushrooms, which is pretty funny. Whatever it was, Mr. Chappelle seems like a down to earth, very real person, which makes his comedy even more appealing, to me at least. He also seems to be quite anti-establishment and that appeals to me even more. So whatever the reason for him walking away years ago, I'm just glad he's back now.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join