It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racially Confused

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Why in London are people so racially confused? you have Somalians thinking they are Jamaicans complete with the Jamaican accent even though they never been one day in Jamaica (my neighbors are an example of this).
You have Indians thinking and acting as though they were born in the hood even though their parents are probably doctors,dentists and accountants....pathetic really that people don't know where they come from, that people have become so fake!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I can see the people are trying to follow some fad. Being something they're not. It's all about the image. How a lot of gullible people think they're Satanist if they listen to heavy metal or they're wannabe gang bangers because they listen to rap music. A lot of people play it up because they believe so strongly in what they enjoy. The market can milk that and sell this image because people would eat it up without question.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think you mean, "Culturally Confused."?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Funny Thread and Very True.

Many Americans are also "Racially Confused.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by LUXUS

I can see the people are trying to follow some fad. Being something they're not. It's all about the image. How a lot of gullible people think they're Satanist if they listen to heavy metal or they're wannabe gang bangers because they listen to rap music. A lot of people play it up because they believe so strongly in what they enjoy. The market can milk that and sell this image because people would eat it up without question.

Are we saying that young people have become brainless and just emulate what the media tells them is cool, what if the media told them that walking around with your pants handing down around your knees was cool would they do it....oh sorry I forgot they already do lol

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491

Well you cant separate the two so the water is muddy there, for example you cant separate Irish culture from the Irish race can you?
edit on 19-5-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

In a way yes. The media has become a life of it's own. Look how people react to sells for different products. A lot of people just buy, buy, buy what everyone else is buying because it's popular. Look at Americans who line up like zombies who buy the latest Apple products. I wouldn't doubt there are many pros and cons to Apple. But a lot of people seem to want to buy their newest products because it would make them popular. As I mentioned before how heavy metal and rap have their own image were fans would try to act like in order to show their loyalty to it. No, you're not a Satanist or evil person who you listen to metal music. But when the music has dark tones to it, numerous Christian groups consider it evil and rebellious teens love it. You could see how bands and companies would want to repeat that success. Look at rap and hip-hop music. A lot of teens would try to act like gang bangers because their favorite rapper tries to look that part in order to become popular and sell the music. Which reminds me of a local rapper from Northern California. There was a rapper called Woody (I heard it was that) commented suicide because he tried to sell himself as a member of the Norteños. Which he wasn't and when it was found out he killed himself. It's sad, but it's reality people would do anything they could to fit in and even make a quick buck.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Originally posted by iunlimited491

Well you cant separate the too so the water is muddy there, for example you cant separate Irish culture from the Irish race can you?

Well, 'Irish' is more of an ethnicity than a race... Race more often, refers to ones appearance. As opposed to ethnicity, which refers more to their cultural background.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

ha that aint nothing, in my town I watched a white dude with dreads speaks like he is Jamaican, I took a puff of his "tobbaco" and walked away cause either i was gonna start laughing uncontrollably or offend him so badly that it may of caused trouble. i dislike pretenders

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Why in London are people so racially confused? you have Somalians thinking they are Jamaicans complete with the Jamaican accent even though they never been one day in Jamaica (my neighbors are an example of this).
You have Indians thinking and acting as though they were born in the hood even though their parents are probably doctors,dentists and accountants....pathetic really that people don't know where they come from, that people have become so fake!

Right now I have to say I don't mind it at all. It sounds like these people are trying to fit into whatever environment they're living in. This is better than Muslims demanding that their environment fit into their wants.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
When I realised that Made in Chelsea, and The Only Way Is Essex, had become popular, I also realised that this is the time when it all starts to go to hell. The media, wether by accident and coincidence, or by some toxic agenda, have contributed to the decline of the self in recent years, in a way which has absorbed a huge percentage of the population. Previously well adjusted people, are all of a sudden walking out of tanning salons in the middle of bloody december, and complaining that they are cold despite being incorrectly dressed, and making nonsensical pronouncements (fellow on the bus the other day, I kid you not, actually used the word Reem in a sentence... case rested).

Idiocy is the new sexy, the new black, the essential accessory for every event. Its fashionable for the wind to make pan pipe noises when passing across a persons ears, due to the lack of grey matter between them. In a similar fashion, in some circles it is cool to be someone you are not. Thankfully, I find myself beyond such considerations, because if I was really concerned about my outward image, I would bathe in hydrofloric acid and reduce myself to goop to improve matters in that regard. However, as it happens, I am not. One may either take what is there, or walk away. Expecting me to change to suit the times however, is somewhat akin to waiting for a mountain to shrink so that one might stand atop its peak.

The reason I am so against all this fakery and foolishness, is that I believe that a person has a right to find out for themselves, who they are inside, and once they have discovered thier innards, and sifted through thier guts looking for answers, maybe, just maybe then they will be correctly prepared to go and find out who everyone else is. If they decide however to ignore the self and go and find someone elses personality to examine, they will eventually absorb it into thier own paradigm, because once this effort is expended, it is easier to remain in someone elses head, than learn the architecture of ones own. It is important to know people well. It makes for firmer friendships, better trust between people, less arguments and misunderstandings. However, more important than knowing anyone else, is knowing yourself. It is with this root that all discovery begins, and until one knows ones self, one cannot learn anything of any import, nor apply that learning effectively.

new topics

top topics

join