It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Tornado Madness - This Time Kansas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

Yeah...multiple tornados...at least 2 sisters...F2s to F4s...this is going to stay on the ground for awhile...stay safe

edit on 19-5-2013 by maddog3n8 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog3n8
reply to post by EdSurly

Yeah...multiple tornados...at least 5 sisters...F2s to F4s...this is going to stay on the ground for awhile...stay safe

Yea, to all our friends in the path of the storms stay safe. I'm safely SW of the storms....sunny and 99F where I'm at.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

Good to hear..btw...correction 2 sisters maybe 3...not 5..glad to hear you are safe...although the temp...meh...that is crazy!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Now they are reporting that there is debris falling out of the sky in Stroud...could be from Shawnee...30 miles apart! Another tornado on the ground!

Dale was scoured

Flipped Vehicles

1 Fatality
edit on 19-5-2013 by maddog3n8 because: Update

edit on 19-5-2013 by maddog3n8 because: added pic of hail

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
F4 North of Prague heading to Welty....Take cover..please

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Now they are reporting that there is debris falling out of the sky in Stroud...could be from Shawnee...30 miles apart! Another tornado on the ground!

Dale was scoured

Flipped Vehicles

1 Fatality
edit on 19-5-2013 by maddog3n8 because: Update

edit on 19-5-2013 by maddog3n8 because: added pic of hail

Plenty of free ice to keep the fridge and freezers cool when the power is out though
I wonder if anyone thinks about that.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Debris being reported all the way to Tulsa...being carried aloft in the Jet Stream

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog3n8

Wouldn't be suprised to hear of reports of fish falling from the sky. Those tornado's sucked up alot of water from Thunderbird and Shawnee reservoir. "Madge!" "It's hailing catfish!!"

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Norman is about to get a huge wedge tornado...being fed by most of the cell...wall is lowering but not a funnel yet

debris ball east of OU...Norman going to get hit pretty good

That is not good since the weather alerts come from Norman

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

I-40 shut down at the Highway 277 junction. Semi's thrown from the overpass and others scattered all over the area. And a hell of alot of home damage east of lake Thunderbird...there's alot of rural 2-5 acre homes in that area as many people live there and commute into OKC and the metroplex from there. Also alot of damage in and around Shawnee reservoir. Still haven't seen any reports about Shawnee proper.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
F4 possibly F5 in Tulsa

Damage at the Shawnee Area

The F1 in Edmond

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Took a couple of screenshots of a line of storms in and around Kansas.

(Second picture is a cross section of the line of storms.)

The storms appear to have some cloud tops higher than 40,000 feet.
edit on 19-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is where the Tornado in Shawnee sucked the water out of the lake

edit on 19-5-2013 by maddog3n8 because: added location

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Well, luckily that didn't happen. They touched down east of Norman....and they did a hell of alot of damage also. Norman dodged a bullet as did Edmond. Both of those cities could have fared much, much worse. The tornado that went through NE Edmond increased in intensity after it crossed I-35, at times reaching a half a mile wide and EF-4 too EF-5 intensity. Norman didn't get hit at all.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm always amazed at the resilience from the people who live in these areas. I look at all that devastation and flattened blocks and then see "fatality - 1". It looks like a bomb hit it and virtually everybody survives. Talk about people just being used to it. Amazing.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

Actually...from what I have watching it was another tornado...but that way this has been going..you could be right...and it was the same tornado...very bad...but I agree...this could have been a lot worse!!!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

This where the Tornado sucked the water out of the lake

Are you sure that low water was caused by the tornado and not a remnant of the drought? I know the drought hasn't been as bad up that way but just wondering if the lake was already really low. That would be millions and millions of gallons of water. Small lake, but still a hell of alot of water in order to put it down...at least what it looks like to be 8 feet or so....

Now that I look at the picture...it looks more like a dike instead of a launch ramp. Is it a boat ramp or a dike?
edit on 19-5-2013 by EdSurly because: added launch ramp or dike.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Now reporting that debris is being ejected 75 miles in front of the line !!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The storm is now wrecking havoc in Tulsa

www.newson6.com...

shots of Shawnee

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The storm is now wrecking havoc in Tulsa

www.newson6.com...

Not in Tulsa yet. Most of that footage is from the Shawnee area....still SW of Tulsa in Bristow. No reported tornado's in that area although there are tornado warnings in effect. There are "circulation features" they said.

also from the newson6 website;

Several blocks of homes were completely leveled northwest of Shawnee. A tornado warning for Pawnee County ended at 6:30 p.m., but residents in the southwest part of the county reported heavy winds and falling debris. Cindee Sheets, of Hallett, said mail fell in her yard from Carney, where an earlier tornado left damage in its path. Carney and Hallett are about 55 miles apart.

Looks like, if the storm keeps the present track, that it will miss Tulsa to the south. Okmulgee looks like it may be in danger.
edit on 19-5-2013 by EdSurly because: Okmulgee in danger

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join