It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Tornado Madness - This Time Kansas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Here's the next wave of crap to hit the region. The temps are above average for this time of year, causing potential "super cells".

Tornado Stuff In Kansas

According to the weather service, supercells are a special type of thunderstorm that can last for many hours. "They are responsible for nearly all of the significant tornadoes produced in the U.S. and for most of the hailstones larger than golf ball size," the weather service says. "Supercells are also known to produce extreme winds and flash flooding."

Seriously, this year is looking like a climate change bench mark. It's getting pretty hard to ignore. For some reason, I feel this is just the beginning of some drastic effects of our global change in climate.

Keep those in the tough spots in your _______ (prayers, spells, rituals, crossword puzzles, thoughts, etc).

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Live feed

Thanks, maddog3n8!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Live feed for the tornado's in central Oklahoma;

www.news9.com...

Cut and paste if you need to.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Here's the next wave of crap to hit the region. The temps are above average for this time of year, causing potential "super cells".

Tornado Stuff In Kansas

According to the weather service, supercells are a special type of thunderstorm that can last for many hours. "They are responsible for nearly all of the significant tornadoes produced in the U.S. and for most of the hailstones larger than golf ball size," the weather service says. "Supercells are also known to produce extreme winds and flash flooding."

Seriously, this year is looking like a climate change bench mark. It's getting pretty hard to ignore. For some reason, I feel this is just the beginning of some drastic effects of our global change in climate.

Keep those in the tough spots in your _______ (prayers, spells, rituals, crossword puzzles, thoughts, etc).

You do realize that we are way, way below normal for tornado's right? Even severe weather as a whole.
edit on 19-5-2013 by EdSurly because: Added verbage

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

No worries...I did see your post...but it said Kansas....I didn't put two and two together...so the battle line is stretching from OKC all the way into Kansas....the one F4 that I was tracking was on the ground for a good 15 min going quickly from an F2 to F4....more supercells are right behind it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Norman is about to get a huge wedge tornado...being fed by most of the cell...wall is lowering but not a funnel yet

debris ball east of OU...Norman going to get hit pretty good
edit on 19-5-2013 by maddog3n8 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog3n8
Norman is about to get a huge wedge tornado...being fed by most of the cell...wall is lowering but not a funnel yet

debris ball east of OU...Norman going to get hit pretty good
edit on 19-5-2013 by maddog3n8 because: (no reason given)

I think Norman dodged the bullet. Tornado on the ground going across lake Thunderbird...so other than some rural homes I don't see Norman getting hit from this one. At least I hope not.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Unless something changes ....baseball sized hail...If your East of Norman or anyone who at OBU needs to be aware that your looking at an F3+ possibly a F5....get to safety

edit on 19-5-2013 by maddog3n8 because: added pic and corrected University

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

I was coming home from Dallas and heard on WBAP in Ft. Worth about the tornado's in OKC. When I got close enough to pick up OKC stations I listened to Gary England most of the way in. When I got home I snapped this pic before turning into our driveway. This is the super cell spawning the tornadoes as seen from approximately 80 miles SW of the storm. The picture is looking NE.

Sorry for the bug splat in the middle lol

edit on 19-5-2013 by EdSurly because: added bug splat

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

New tornado on the ground north of Chandler. North of Little Axe, south of Stella. Heading toward East Indian Hills road.

So says Gary England
edit on 19-5-2013 by EdSurly because: added verbage

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

If your watching the live feed I posted theres some pretty awesome images coming through of the large tornado east of Norman. Saying 300 yards wide at the ground.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

You got that right....this is a line of supercells...the one I watch was an F4 and chewed ground for 15-20min...from OKC to Tulsa

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

reply to post by EdSurly

You got that right....this is a line of supercells...the one I watch was an F4 and chewed ground for 15-20min...from OKC to Tulsa

That's the one spawned from the storm closing in on Tulsa isn't it?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

I hope the worst is over back there. And everyone stays safe.

Sorry for the bug splat in the middle lol

I can tell exactly what was going thru that bugs mind when he hit your windshield.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Folks...this is a huge wedge tornado...F4 possible F5 moving east towards OBU...get to shelter..don't take chances

here is the wedge...1 mile debis ball...here is the wedge

edit on 19-5-2013 by maddog3n8 because: added wedge

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Stay safe there in Oklahoma:

live link:

www.news9.com...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
About to hit Shawnee Mall

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Gary England is one of, if not the best severe weatherman in the business. He has saved many, many lives. The guy should have a statue erected of him in this state. I'll bet he will at some point in the future.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

About to hit Shawnee Mall

That's when it was going across Shawnee reservoir...imagine the quantity of water that thing is sucking up!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

Damn, crossing I40....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join