It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Minnesota Becomes the Twelfth State to Sanction Same-Sex Marriage

page: 7
12
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


Facepalm.....
It is about equality, people want the same rights as everyone else. The majority can not deny this for any group.




posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix


See.. you just lied on yourself in the very same post. In one breath you only want to be accepted as Human, then suddenly, your proud to be gay and want to recruit people. Thats not human, Thats an agenda. This is a major contradiction. frankly one, I don't want to see in public.. apparently 3/4 th of these united states agree with me.

I have no problem like my gay friends accepting you as Human. it's the agenda i don't like.
edit on 21-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp


why shouldn't i be proud of me? girl you did not live the life i lived, you have no comprehension of the atrocities i faced for the first 18 years of my life, i survived it, and have been using the last 4 and a half to become proud of myself, and i am proud of myself for being me, serving Charisma Uniqueness Nerve and Talent,

The 'Recruit' line was just me serving some Harvey Milk realness, wasn't meant to be me recruiting people

Every step forward is another step back, for every state that legalizes Same sex marriage, it gets more groups and people pushing against it,

though it should never have to be voted on, why does our freedom to marry because we are gay have to get voted on? why just because you are straight you get 'Deserved Rights/Privileges' but if your gay, it's up to the people to decide your fate?



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix


See.. you just lied on yourself in the very same post. In one breath you only want to be accepted as Human, then suddenly, your proud to be gay and want to recruit people. Thats not human, Thats an agenda. This is a major contradiction. frankly one, I don't want to see in public.. apparently 3/4 th of these united states agree with me.

I have no problem like my gay friends accepting you as Human. it's the agenda i don't like.
edit on 21-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp


why shouldn't i be proud of me? girl you did not live the life i lived, you have no comprehension of the atrocities i faced for the first 18 years of my life, i survived it, and have been using the last 4 and a half to become proud of myself, and i am proud of myself for being me, serving Charisma Uniqueness Nerve and Talent,

The 'Recruit' line was just me serving some Harvey Milk realness, wasn't meant to be me recruiting people

Every step forward is another step back, for every state that legalizes Same sex marriage, it gets more groups and people pushing against it,

though it should never have to be voted on, why does our freedom to marry because we are gay have to get voted on? why just because you are straight you get 'Deserved Rights/Privileges' but if your gay, it's up to the people to decide your fate?


When i talked about freaks and fairies, I was speaking generally. I try very hard while having a discussion with someone not to attack them personally. You call me a girl one more time and I'll have you written up for personal attacks which Are against the T&C. I will however accept your apology if you make a sincere one.

Taking pride in yourself and your lifestyle does not mean you have the right to flaunt it to those who do not want to hear it. There are laws against that in Every state. ( Oh but your not from here.. does that excuse you - no.. common decency should dictate that to you if you understand it.)



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


I too thought you was a girl....don't bring up T&C when you are the one throwing names around about a group of people.
Same can be said with Religious people throwing their views around eh? saying things are wrong because the bible says so...pfft.
edit on 21-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
You don't have to be married to be with the person you love.

The only reason to get married is social recognition and to pay less taxes. Plus you have to split your stuff if things take a turn for the worse.

That said, it doesn't bother me as an individual one bit if someone wants to get married to someone of the same sex. Its not my business or impacting my life at all. If someone getting married really angers someone, they need professional help to direct that anger into something that will make them feel better. Forgive them if you practice a religion, like most religions teach their followers. Pray for them. Do whatever you have to do. Just don't lash out in anger. It does nothing but bring more of those emotions into your life. Which brings us right back to where we are today. Maybe evolve the idea out of the confines of the past and what we are taught. Maybe that is the next form of evolution. Maybe its not physical, but of a spiritual nature (and I'm not talking about God/gods/etc.)

Love conquers all...except public opinion, government, and religious institutions.

Love has decreased in value over the centuries it seems.

Maybe we should change that. Things will start to work themselves out. Even to the point heaven dawns on Earth.

A person can only hope.
edit on 21-6-2013 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2013 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


I too thought you was a girl....don't bring up T&C when you are the one throwing names around about a group of people.
Same can be said with Religious people throwing their views around eh? saying things are wrong because the bible says so...pfft.
edit on 21-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)


BS, you can read my name can't you. I believe you are a liar.

and yes.. its Not against the T&C to call groups of people names - only personal attacks against those in the forum.
edit on 21-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


Your sure showed me...you go girl


Oh and you are wrong....
edit on 21-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


Your sure showed me...you go girl


Oh and you are wrong....
edit on 21-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)


So now you are purposefully taunting me? Gee.. if that's how gays act, no wonder 3/4th of the states are against gay marriage. Why can't you just be a real human and not bring that up? I didn't attack you personally. I guess we see who the bigger man is.

Er. what was it I was so wrong about?



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

I do believe calling a group of people freaks and fairies an abuse of this so.....



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


Facepalm.....
It is about equality, people want the same rights as everyone else. The majority can not deny this for any group.

I missed this post.

Of course thay can and they do all the time - thats how a democracy votes.. it's majority rule.. the majority makes the rules. Go take a course in civics. Should i grant black people certain rights simply because they have a different skin color? no - but thats exactly the same as what you are asking. Human rights - the right to be treated fairly as a person - not to be beaten, starve, treated like scum etc - I'll grant you happily, but I will not grant you using the loophole of marriage to commit sodomy - and then allow you to talk about it, to flaunt it in public. Then you are invading my rights and my space.
edit on 21-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


No black people should have the same rights as everyone else, same goes for gay folk, white folk, blue folk, bi folk etc.
That is what people want to be treated equally, nothing more, no more rights for them then any other group and you wish to deny that...



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

I do believe calling a group of people freaks and fairies an abuse of this so.....


I do not believe that is the case. Perhaps a Mod will clarify. There is a big difference in calling a group of nameless faceless people something and an ATS member you are talking to something that's a personal attack. If we could not call groups of people names in general - half the posts on ATS will be forbidden. You know how many times we call the Government names, Monsanto names, Religious fundamentalists names etc?



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


No black people should have the same rights as everyone else, same goes for gay folk, white folk, blue folk, bi folk etc.
That is what people want to be treated equally, nothing more, no more rights for them then any other group and you wish to deny that...


The problem is that black people are a specific ethnic group. Gays are not. It cannot be proven that being gay is normal in the same since as the people with black skin are normal. ( you may feel otherwise and I understand that but it's not based in science) How therefore can we accept this minority as a majority with the same rights? We cannot. And don't be coy - im not talking about general human rights - but you guys are asking for specific rights that aren't even granted to other groups and thats wrong.
edit on 21-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime
 


I accept your apology. For the record, I didn't mention sins. I have enough conviction about what i believe is right and wrong without bringing that into this issue. I mean come on.. my posting is for discussion purposes, not personal attacks and bringing religion ino this will tend to get feelings so hot that personal attacks are bound to follow. I will not be an antagonist toward another member if i can help it.

Edit. To you and BoyMonky, I apologize too if I offended either of you. Personally offending you was not my intention. I'm sure as fellow ATS'ers I'd be happy to share a beer with either of you and discuss topics ( as long as we dont talk about things that we know will bother the other) as it should be. It's a crazy mixed up world we all have to live in.
edit on 21-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


Why is sodomy wrong between two consenting adults? no one is making you watch nor do it?


Because in those 12 states sodomy is still illegal even if you have the legal right to marry. They didn't repeal that law. No matter if you do it in the privacy of your own home or not, it's still illegal - But for male gays the only ways they can sexually express themselves is to commit sodomy. You want you cake and eat it too and that's not right.


The USSC ruled sodomy legal. Yeah, I know some states still think they can make it illegal. But, they can't.


Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003),[1] is a landmark decision by the United States Supreme Court. In the 6–3 ruling, the Court struck down the sodomy law in Texas and, by extension, invalidated sodomy laws in thirteen other states, making same-sex sexual activity legal in every U.S. state and territory. en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Tell you guys what - I'll accept you can get married in any state - so long as you sign a contract with the state to Not commit sodomy. They can monitor your bedroom habits and if you are found to commit sodomy, they can arrest you and throw the book at you - now - do you want love or sick sodomy? Your choice - but i suppose you wont be happy with that. oh well.


Well, considering some heterosexuals engage in anal sex, should they have to sign your silly contract to and have their bedroom behaviour monitored?



new topics

top topics



 
12
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join