It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom Sensations - Invisible Hand Experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There is enough information in this source, pointless to offer further explanations. Just thinking about all the power still hidden in our brain. Could be good, could be dangerous. We can be gods one day.

The sensation of having a physical body is not as self-evident as one might think. Almost everyone who has had an arm or leg amputated experiences a phantom limb: a vivid sensation that the missing limb is still present. A new study by neuroscientists at the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden shows that it is possible to evoke the illusion of having a phantom hand in non-amputated individuals.

That easy :

"We discovered that most participants, within less than a minute, transfer the sensation of touch to the region of empty space where they see the paintbrush move, and experience an invisible hand in that position", says Arvid Guterstam, lead author of the study. "Previous research has shown that non-bodily objects, such as a block of wood, cannot be experienced as ones own hand, so we were extremely surprised to find that the brain can accept an invisible hand as part of the body."

How it's done :

ki.se...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
thanks for sharing

I will watch the video when I get home

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I had a phantom fetus the first couple of days after I gave birth to my son. It was weird, but then again everything was weird those first few days.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakendhybrid
I had a phantom fetus the first couple of days after I gave birth to my son. It was weird, but then again everything was weird those first few days.

Glad you read this thread, now you know you were not crazy.

new topics

top topics

join