It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake swarm Off The East Coast Of The Kamchatka Peninsula

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MariaLida

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
With so many quakes so near in magnitude, this could be another Santa Cruz Islands developing here. Something gnarly could be brewing, and those could be foreshocks. Like to a 7+ or 8+. Lookout, I am sounding the alarm. Too many quakes, too close in magnitude.

I already say and post that so ..

No need to repeat or spam you or anyone else after me and sounding EQ's alarms on my threads ..

Again you do similar for possible Santa Cruz Islands foreshock, 12 hrs after my post so don't do that again especially on my threads when foreshock alarm is already posted.

Chill. This isn't a competition.

We're all watching this area very closely. Everyone has their opinion. Sometimes it isn't a bad thing to hear more than one person say the same thing.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
With so many quakes so near in magnitude, this could be another Santa Cruz Islands developing here. Something gnarly could be brewing, and those could be foreshocks. Like to a 7+ or 8+. Lookout, I am sounding the alarm. Too many quakes, too close in magnitude.

I already say and post that so ..

No need to repeat or spam you or anyone else after me and sounding EQ's alarms on my threads ..

Oh just stop it, Maria. If you don't like people participating in your threads & putting their own opinions forth, then don't post them, period. It's not like TA disagreed with you, either. Stop acting like a little kid because someone said something similar to how you feel.

For the record, this is all you said about any kind of bigger earthquake:

Originally posted by rickymouse
I suppose we have had a break for a while, time for another big quake.

Probably yes but just hope not here, very dangerous time for this area ..

This fault line is very long also very dangerous and capable to produce a strong earthquake ..

For you, that might seem good enough to say it's already been predicted & covered. To others, it's just a mere personal musing, exactly as TA's can be taken.
Edit: Missed this post of yours giving a wide swath of time, but my point remains: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Am I allowed to say I feel it's a foreshock sequence based on the amount of quakes & ping-ponging around a steady magnitude range, too, or are you going to stomp your feet & try to shame me for it, too?
edit on 5/20/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/20/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Yeah, I don't get it either. I guess she's upset that I started a thread on Santa Cruz, which got a few stars and flags, and then the 8.0 happened?

It's one of the rare cases where I actually sounded the alarm for foreshocks and then a big quake really happened.

And really, I've already got a recent thread from March on the Kamchatka quakes here:

Potential Danger For Kamchatka, Russia as Several Large Quakes Strike?

But since Maria started this one, I figured I'd comment here instead, since it's newer. Well I won't be making that mistake again.
I don't know what her problem is. I didn't take any offense or get jealous when I already had a thread running on it. On the total contrary- I came and posted in HER thread instead.

Here, I'll solve the problem for everyone: FROM NOW ON, IF AN EARTHQUAKE SWARM HAPPENS ANYWHERE, THEY COULD BE FORESHOCKS.

ok? No more threads, no more BS like this, and the end.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
First for me it's not about stars and flags
, it's about earthquake prediction and my direction or feelings for next possible strong events ..

I'm interested only to hear from persons what have or make mostly accurate EQ prediction in history, even kids are making EQ predictions for me that's not interesting especially if someone is repost from others persons etc ..

I monitoring all from you here on ATS in last 2-3 years, so knows who can feel or who "knows things" about earthquake prediction ..

In first posts in this thread you can read from person (rickymouse) who understand earthquake prediction also you can only learn from him not from persons what have billion stars and flags it means nothing for EQ predictions, only making confusion and lead people in wrong direction that's the main reason way I don't what you to lead here etc ..

You can make million stars that's not interesting to me in fact It's very very funny ..

Open your thread and make your predictions and your possible ways I don't have problem about that, here I lead people and post my feelings and directions about future seizmic events so when very important "times comes" and shakes start ....

In EQ predictions responsibility is very very big and wrong way can lead to catastrophic outcomes ..

Also people not believe or read only some threads what have millions flag and stars, they are not that underwit to see what happening
about similar things ..

Still very unstable there, probably more will come ..

2013-05-21 08:25:52.022min ago 23.43 N 123.71 E 2 5.6 SOUTHWESTERN RYUKYU ISL., JAPAN
2013-05-21 08:15:18.033min ago 52.44 N 160.20 E 54 5.1 OFF EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA
2013-05-21 05:43:21.03hr 05min ago 52.34 N 160.01 E 30 6.1 OFF EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA
2013-05-21 04:59:37.03hr 48min ago 52.28 N 160.19 E 38 5.7 OFF EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA
2013-05-21 04:44:27.04hr 04min ago 52.83 N 159.59 E 30 5.0 OFF EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA
2013-05-21 04:24:06.04hr 24min ago 52.30 N 160.35 E 17 5.4 OFF EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA
2013-05-21 03:47:14.05hr 01min ago 52.31 N 160.36 E 10 5.2 OFF EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA
2013-05-21 03:43:09.05hr 05min ago 52.51 N 160.12 E 10 5.1 OFF EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA
2013-05-21 03:08:22.05hr 40min ago 52.43 N 160.02 E 42 5.8 OFF EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA
2013-05-21 03:05:50.05hr 42min ago 52.40 N 160.38 E 10 5.8 OFF EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA
2013-05-21 01:55:04.06hr 53min ago 52.44 N 160.48 E 10 6.0 OFF EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA

www.emsc-csem.org...

edit on 21-5-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I'm interested only to hear from persons what have or make mostly accurate EQ prediction in history, even kids are making EQ predictions for me that's not interesting especially if someone is repost from others persons

You know where you went wrong? By not putting this clarification in your main post from the start. Do you think people are psychic & immediately know what kind of posters you want responding to your threads? You waited until you were confronted after you became petulant about posters' contributions. And it took how many threads and posts for you to say that?

If you are only looking for a certain group of posters to converse with, make absolutely certain it is in the main post to avoid confrontations or miscommunication. It is no one's fault they do not know what your specifications are, and an apology to those who have been rudely responded to is proper.
edit on 5/21/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

2013-05-22 20:08:30.0 16min ago 52.57 N 159.55 E 20 5.0 OFF EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA
2013-05-22 06:36:37.0 53.03 N 159.90 E 31 5.2 NEAR EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA
2013-05-21 14:51:19.0 52.57 N 160.65 E 25 5.6 OFF EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA

www.emsc-csem.org...

Dangerous time for strong EQ in next 48 or 72 hrs for this area also worldwide sensitive areas ..

Solar Flare of M 5.0 and Very Big CME
edit on 22-5-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

I have been working on a scientific theory of my own, involving Solar Activity (flares, CME etc.) and the delayed physical effects on Earth's surface.

The root of the theory is that the added energy of the solar activity directed towards Earth has a direct effect on storm systems above the ground (tornado super storm that hit OKC earlier this week), then Earth's crustal movement below ground.

Added energy to storms must come out in wind/rain.
Added energy to the interior of the Earth must come out through earthquake/volcanic activity.

So far the timing is interresting, with storm system energy increase occuring shortly after the flare reaches Eath's ionisphere, but the Earth's crustal adjustment delayed by a couple days or so as seen by this Earthquake swarm in Russia.

With the class M 5.0 that just left the Sun today, I should be able to observe this theoretical phenomenon more exactly in the coming week.

Great thread.

Thanks OP.

God Bless,

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

2013-05-22 20:08:30.0 16min ago 52.57 N 159.55 E 20 5.0 OFF EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA

www.emsc-csem.org...

Dangerous time for strong EQ in next 48 or 72 hrs for this area also worldwide sensitive areas ..

EQ of M 7.4 South of Fiji Islands!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 23-5-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Here it is predicted M 8.0 + for this area ..

reply to post by westcoast

Tnx nice to see you, very nice book

Think probably we will have EQ of M 8.0+ in next months or max one year somewhere around this last EQ's ..

www.emsc-csem.org...

edit on 22-5-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

2013-05-24 05:44:48.04hr 22min ago 54.91 N 153.34 E 598 8.3 SEA OF OKHOTSK

www.emsc-csem.org...

edit on 24-5-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It's easy to make a broad prediction for a general area.
You're all about the credit it seems.

Quoted from Quake Watch...

Originally posted by PuterMan

It is unusually large for the immediate area. The only other Mag 8s between 1898 and 2011 were south west of there and shallow, in 2006 and 2007 and the other side of an imaginary line. This is actually the largest one recorded in that Kamchatka peninsula area. I have marked on the map the divide that I believe exists between the two parts of this line. There is a definite space with much lower activity.

The Map with Mag 8 and 7. Click for slightly larger image

The Map with Mag 6s added. Click for slightly larger image

The Map with Mag 5s added. Click for slightly larger image

Sorry, did not quite get the lines in the same place on each on, but you get the idea.

edit on 5/24/13 by Kitora because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So an 8.2 EQ that was 600km deep and ATS has no thread about it?

This thread is the only place I found it mentioned on ATS.

I keep finding things going on on other sites way before this one. Is ATS losing its edge?
edit on 5/24/13 by SherlockH because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SherlockH

I keep finding things going on on other sites way before this one. Is ATS losing its edge?

Try the Quake Watch thread.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

The way to analyze that is to look for a wave pattern to earthquakes that coincides with solar cycles. The quake cycle should lag behind the sunspot numbers. The sun adding energy to the earth during a solar max is very possible. The thing you need to take into account is the quickening of the earth (sinkholes, formation of Loda and quicksand) that happens which can dampen this activity and make detection of a pattern hard..

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitora

Originally posted by SherlockH

Try the Quake Watch thread.

just created www.abovetopsecret.com... btw a link to that EQ thread would have been nice ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitora

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitora

Nothing about EQ prediction, only some bla bla like many years before ..

It's very simple make EQ prediction in 2-3 sentence and we all know how much you know about eartquekes ..

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Kitora

Nothing about EQ prediction, only some bla bla like many years before ..

It's very simple make EQ prediction in 2-3 sentence and we all know how much you know about eartquekes ..

What are you talking about? I never made any predictions, just expressed interest in the swarm, unless I understand you incorrectly. You did that, though.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The way to analyze that is to look for a wave pattern to earthquakes that coincides with solar cycles.

You mean like this?

The thing is, with more solar activity people tend to think they see more correlations. I call it the shower syndrome.
Like when you're getting in the shower (A) and the phone rings (B). Most of the time it doesn't happen but when it does it's really annoying and you are made particularly aware of it. Does it mean that getting into the shower induces someone (anyone) to call you at that moment? What about all those times you get into the shower and the phone doesn't ring? Is something preventing those people from calling at that moment? Is the correlation of (A) and (B) of any significance?

Now, let's say it's your birthday and you've got a lot of friends and family. All these people are calling to offer you their best wishes. You're getting a lot more calls than you normally do. The chances are greatly increased that just as you step into the shower someone will call. On your birthday the chances of (B) following (A) are increased.

Do you understand what's happening? Two unrelated events which, when they occur simultaneously, you notice more than you normally would. Now if you increase the frequency of just one of those events. You increase the chances that both will occur at the same time (or one will follow the other).

Now, instead of getting into the shower we have an earthquake (A) and instead of a phone call we have solar activity (B). When there isn't much solar activity (solar minimum) there are just as many earthquakes as there ever are. Sometimes an earthquake follows solar activity and sometimes it doesn't. But what happens at solar maximum? That phone is ringing (B) a lot more often. More solar flares. More Earth directed coronal holes. More CMEs. Because there is more solar activity, the chances that an earthquake will follow it are increased, even though the earthquake would have happened anyway. Even though there are no more earthquakes during solar maximum than during solar minimum. The correlation is dependent upon the frequency of only one of the events.

Now, if the occurrence of (A) and (B) increase and decrease together the correlation is stronger (though causation is still not implied). But in the case of earthquakes and solar activity that relationship is not seen. All we see is that sometimes an earthquake occurs after solar activity, the same way that sometimes the phone rings when you step into the shower.

Does an increase in solar activity correlate with an increase in earthquake activity? Past evidence does not seem to indicate so. Does solar activity cause earthquakes? Not much reason to think so.

edit on 5/24/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Here is some literature on solar max/minimum and earthquakes. All are peer reviewed or lit reviews and are safe links.

The connection between the sun and earthquakes is clearly an ongoing topic for academia. It appears something is going on with it but not as cut and dry as we think. Not like sun sends out burst and then lots of quakes happen. I'm not into physics but it appears to have more to do with plasma levels and how these interact with water, crust, atmosphere. It gets a bit complex for my brain on a Friday night but seems interesting. Maybe have already read some of these but if not...

This one is a study dated 2013. Has a nice bunch of charts you can print out to look at associations yourself but also draws conclusions.

www.shankargargh.net...

This one is from 2012 and shows an increase in earthquakes overall (interestingly at night).

fundamentaljournals.org...

And finally one from 2011 that shows the opposite of what I might expect. Loma prieta (bay area 1989) happened during a solar minimum but maybe solar maximums influence certain types of quakes. ?

www.academia.edu...

edit on 24-5-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Interesting conflict in conclusions from those first two articles.

Increasing number of the earthquakes has been directly related to
increasing of the number of the sunspots.

www.shankargargh.net...

The total number of earthquakes in the minimum and
maximum years of solar activities is 654 and 602
respectively and the maximum earthquakes occur frequently
around the minimum years of solar activities.

fundamentaljournals.org...
So which is it? More earthquakes with more sunspots or fewer earthquakes with more sunspots?

The third article seems to say that in some places there are more and in some places there are fewer. Sort of hard to come to any correlation, much less causation with that kind of data unless you're really trying to shoe horn the data into your hypothesis. That article is not peer reviewed, BTW.

No indication that increased solar activity results in an increase in earthquake activity. No indication that any particular solar event results in an earthquake.
edit on 5/24/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join