It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran executes CIA, Mossad spies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I really don't like the nation since about 1979. We never did get an apology and such a little thing would go a long way.

You are right an apology goes a long way. I'm surprised they are hostile towards America after we apologized for organizing a coup to overthrow their government install a brutal dictator and moving in companies to rape them of their resources. They are just so rude.

Maybe they will become nicer if America also apologizes for setting up another brutal dictator in Iraq to attack them with US supplied chemical WMDs after the Iranians got rid of their own dictator. Who knows?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
R.I.P to those fallen by death for their country.

These people risk their lives for your safety regardless of the BS.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

If we're talking about Officers of the CIA or Mossad? I agree 100%. Those people ARE working for the security of the respective nations and in their own self interests.....while we hope those are the same, more often than not.

I would cry foul at the rather brutish and barbaric treatment of a foreign intelligence officer being captured in Iran. After all, their people DO get captured just often enough ...or COULD be, if motivation suddenly existed, to return such a favor. People serving their country, I have no problem with...and it's a duty all it's own for lines and codes, as far as that goes.

The story is talking about agents/spies. Those would be the guys who were loyal to their nation, and then became disloyal for whatever variety of reasons ...and our side apparently helped the decision along or took full advantage of it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Not smart on their part, but they probably figure they will get absolutely nothing in trade. However, executing the spies will cost them dearly.you trade, or you give them back for future considerations (like, for example, "we won't cancer the Ayatollah this week if you give us our spies back", or "give us our spies back, and we'll let so-amd-so die quickly, instead of slowly.")

The spy game really is one where Iran is playing less than Northern League ball, while the US and Israel are the MLB All-Stars. That is probably exactly why they were executed, the weakest, most foolish move of all for Iran to make.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes, these people I don't care about much, they do risk they're lives for American safety and Israeli safety, without these agents on the ground doing all the hard work for your safety America/Israel wouldn't have the Intelligence they have now.

I have the out most respect for the Intelligence Officers that have got caught, and our Troops that have died.

We rely on these agents to give us Intelligence. They're risking their lives for you Americans/Israeli's don't ever forget that.
edit on 19-5-2013 by live2beknown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Yes hanging them is back wards. Better get with it Iran. Kid nap the spies and hold them in illegal camps and torture them. Much better that way and its a more modern way of doing things. I would leave the twats hanging there alive for days. Till thirst or what ever killed them.

Iran would have done exactly what you had stated. They would have tortured them before killing them...
edit on 20-5-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I guess people just expect Iran to be nice and once captured feed them three meals a day give them a bed to sleep in and after the fun is over release them.

Hanging is a reasonable means of death, if you think of it there's many many ways you could be evil and torture somebody and make a real point.

It just shows that the united states aren't as invincible as their ego let's them be. Good for iran finding out before something happened. Leave other countries agendas to their own and maybe they wouldn't want to attack us all the time. You reap what you sow.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Why can we not see that two HUMAN beings were hanged. I personally do not care what they did for a living. All I know is that people died of hanging in IRAN. By the way, I am so sick of the double standards on ATS by some of its members. If this was done in AMERICA the entire world would be crying fowl and no one would be saying it is ok.

Its not a double standard. We have legal hangings in the US. I'm not talking about ancient past either. Its on the books right now, and could be used in a legal execution under these state's laws:

New Hampshire
Washington

In Washington it is the choice of the condemned which method they prefer. I would totally choose hanging, lethal injection is for punks.
edit on 5/20/2013 by Slugworth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Not smart on their part, but they probably figure they will get absolutely nothing in trade. However, executing the spies will cost them dearly.you trade, or you give them back for future considerations (like, for example, "we won't cancer the Ayatollah this week if you give us our spies back", or "give us our spies back, and we'll let so-amd-so die quickly, instead of slowly.")

The spy game really is one where Iran is playing less than Northern League ball, while the US and Israel are the MLB All-Stars. That is probably exactly why they were executed, the weakest, most foolish move of all for Iran to make.

I wrote a little play about that scenario:

US: Hello! Thank you for calling the United States international diplomatic hotline. How can I assist you today?.

IRAN: Hey America, we have your spy! HAHAHA SUCKERS!!!! Let's make a trade. What will you give us for him?

US: Please hold...........

(Muzak version of America the Beautiful plays for 45 minutes)

US: Thank you for holding. That's not our spy.

IRAN: You can't fool us! We caught him sending secrets to the CIA! You had better start taking us a bit more seriously or else.....

(*click*)

IRAN: Hello? HELLO?!?! ARE YOU THERE?!?!

(slams phone)

IRAN: *sigh* Alright, it was worth a try. Lets hang these guys and get it over with
edit on 5/20/2013 by Slugworth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Im guessing you would rather have them just slapped on their wrist and let go with a little hard time.

These people were traitors to Iran.

What would you expect from america if they found traitors and spies hired by iran? Do you want your tax payments to go to housing, food, medical insurance, and protection.

People die everyday, im not going to get on my knees and weep for every person. The way I see it is population control. Dont like it? Fine, just don't complain when food and housing prices skyrocket and the majority of people are homeless.

Hanging is a civil way of execution. Would you rater have their bodies torn to shreds by bullets? No? Well how about burning that's a good one.

But anything iran does is horrible I guess. Because im sure the states do alot worse behind closed doors than people may think.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLotLizard
What would you expect from america if they found traitors and spies hired by iran? Do you want your tax payments to go to housing, food, medical insurance, and protection.

That's exactly what happens to them. They are tried, and if they are found guilty they cool their heels in prison until their sentences are over, at which point they are set free. Or they are traded. When is the last time a spy was executed? The Rosenbergs?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Iran executes CIA, Mossad spies

More likely ... Iran executes people it wanted to be rid of and CLAIMED they were CIA and Mossad spies.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

They knew the risk when they took the job. And seeing what the CIA and the Mossad has done to that nation it's no surprise what happened.

That nation also executes gay teenagers.

I love the sick and twisted mentalities of people on here, almost glorying in the torture and executions of other Humans because they are automatically anti-American or anti-Israel.

Believe me, I trust no government, but I am not twisted enough to dismiss torture and murder of people because of the nationalities of those killed or the people they worked for.

This is no better than cheering for Assad while he flies jets over his own cities and bombs them - as long as he sticking his fingers up at America and Israel people will ignore the atrocities he's carrying out, right?

I can't believe people on ATS support a regime that routinely hangs gay citizens. This place is not what I thought it was.

You don't think the US or Israel would execute an Iranian spy they have caught???

C'mon, seriously.

They would've known the risks and they've paid the ultimate price.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
For the posters complaining how Iran hangs gay people...About 10 years ago...I saw a TV show about Iran...and i was shocked and surprised at how what I thought was a very hard line Islamic state tolerated transsexual "gay " men.

Wikipedia
Before the Islamic Revolution in 1979, the issue of transsexuality in Iran had never been officially addressed by the government. Beginning in the mid-1980s, however, transsexual individuals were officially recognized by the government and allowed to undergo sex reassignment surgery. As of 2008, Iran carries out more sex change operations than any other nation in the world except for Thailand. The government provides up to half the cost for those needing financial assistance, and a sex change is recognised on the birth certificate.

What im more curious to know is how come so many men are gay there? Same thing with Thailand..I also think Samoa has the same deal, where its really common to have big guys living as women etc. Contaminated water???

As far as me being a supporter of Iran...I am not...but I am also not a condemner of it either...I would have had to of lived there to make an informed opinion about what kind of place it is...Mind you there overly liberal attitude to transsexuals would put me off, not my scene, especially if they change the birth cert...wow...you could really end up in a mess haha. We all know you simply cannot believe all you read or see on the TV...or you can believe it if you prefer... doesn't mean its all true though.
edit on 20-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Although I am not a pro capital punishment,but I think the act of treason during politically critical times in any country deserves a death penalty....These people sold their own to Mossad and CIA in exchange for money and power and they got what they asked for. ...Always a shame to lose a human being specially for money,power and greed.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Unremitting Faith

I normally tend to sit on the sidelines on these sorts of things, but I find myself amazed at what I'm seeing.

We have several members celebrating the deaths of two people about whom they know absolutely nothing, other than what the government of Iran has just told them out of the blue.

Can anyone applauding these executions please tell me:

- Who these men were? Where they lived? Where they worked? What they did for a living?

- When they were arrested? When they were convicted?

- What laws they were actually charged with breaking? When they were accused of breaking them?

- Who represented them in court? Whether they had legal representation at all?

- What they said in their defense? Whether they were even allowed to speak in their defense?

- What evidence was used to convict them? Whether the accused had the opportunity to review the evidence before trial?

- What witnesses testified against them? Whether the accused were allowed to cross-examine them? Whether they were even allowed to know who they were?

- Who passed judgment? Who determined the sentence? Whether an appeal was permitted? Who denied the appeal, if an appeal was allowed?

- Whether they were actually guilty?

Yes, nations like the U.S. and Israel are quite guilty of all sorts of heinous abuses, and though technically unproven, it's a safe bet that the CIA and Mossad are indeed operating in Iran. Given the high mortality rate of their nuclear scientists, the government of Iran has every reason to want to execute anyone who cooperates with foreign espionage efforts there -- and I don't blame them at all for that.

But those facts don't somehow render the Iranian government worthy of blind trust, infallible, free of sin or unable to do wrong. The track record for trusting any government, anywhere in the world, is so godawful abysmal that for anyone to do so these days is shockingly anachronistic, akin to insisting the Pope is incapable of error, and no more convincing.

If someone can explain how it makes sense to believe what the government of Iran says on pure faith, I'm always interested in hearing a good argument, but what I'm seeing so far is frankly rather disturbing.

I urge anyone who assumes all is well in this case to be less willing to believe whatever they are told and more willing to question authority.

My opinion, YMMV.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 5/20/2013 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BeliefInReality

And in the west if you disagree with the government you are most likely to commit suicide ... think Dr David Kelly

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Rocker2013

That nation also executes gay teenagers.

Like America is a safe place for gays. How many are murdered here every year?

It sounds to me you got offended with the poster above. Are you gay by any chance?....btw, where are your stats that show murdered gays in America. Do some work for crying out loud before making useless questions...evidenced based counter arguments are better than questioning counter arguments.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

It's natural to think, that because this is a conspiracy forum, that most here are interested in conspiracy theories and facts, and would therefore strive for a neutral objective mindset, but that's not the case. It's actually more like any other news forum, where most people take sides. That's a basic fact on virtually all public forums.

No offense, but you read a little naive.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

We have several members celebrating the deaths of two people about whom they know absolutely nothing, other than what the government of Iran has just told them out of the blue. Can anyone applauding these executions please....

I don't see anyone applauding anything. I read the entire thread again and I do not see any applause, unless you view a lack of condemnation as equal to applause. Refusing to condemn something is not the same as applauding it.

Yes, nations like the U.S. and Israel are quite guilty of all sorts of heinous abuses, and though technically unproven, it's a safe bet that the CIA and Mossad are indeed operating in Iran.

The CIA's involvement in Iran is very well documented, and proven to the highest academic standard imaginable.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join