It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran executes CIA, Mossad spies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by Swills

It would seem they could get more out of it if they kept them alive and interogated them...

I'm sure that Mossad agent has some dirty little secrets.

-SAP-
edit on 19-5-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

I'm pretty sure they squeezed all the information they need out of them, its not like they convicted them yesterday and hanged them today.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

It can also be said that they hang homosexuals for being homosexual.

www.guardian.co.uk...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

no I just mentioned a juridical statement. those who are executed for sexual crimes are rapists who have private complainant.
are you against any execution at all. I feel you are against execution completely.
but execution is widespread in this world, even in USA.
Saudy Arabia is really strict and radical for execution. I do not accept that. but when it comes to painless execution ! I think beheading with a good sword is more painless than air or poison injection or hanging or electric chair. is not it !!!

edit on 19-5-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by maes2

Originally posted by Rocker2013
That nation also executes gay teenagers.

more precisely it can be said : That nation also executes gay and straight rapers especially when there is a private complainant.

The gays that were executed raped a 13 year old boy. This is something that the Iran hangs gays people leave out of the story.

So we're resorting to propaganda now, are we?

Iran has executed more than just a few gay people, but then you would know that if you actually knew anything about Iran other than what you need to defend it.

LGBT rights in Iran since the Iranian Revolution of 1979 have come in conflict with the penal code, with international human rights groups claiming floggings and death sentences of lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals. Homosexuality is a crime punishable by imprisonment, corporal punishment, or in some cases of sodomy, even execution of the accused is legal under the laws of this country's government.[1] Gay men have faced stricter enforcement actions under the law than lesbians.[2] Iran insists that it does not execute people for homosexuality, and those who have either committed rape, murder, or drug trafficking.[3]

This is from THEIR OWN LAWS AS PUBLISHED BY STATE!

Iranian law does not differentiate between rape and consensual same sex relations. So, any of you suggesting these gay people were guilty of rape to justify their executions need to educate yourselves a little more.

Iranian Law

Now, if you want to start making things up in defence of your blood-lust and homophobia, please make sure it isn't so easily debunked. The Iranian regime is not secretive about its desire to murder gay people, and the idea that you think this is only cases of rape shows that you know absolutely nothing about Iranian law or the Human Rights abuses they are known to be guilty of.

Tour men hanged for being gay in Iran

Three hanged for being gay in Iran - no mention of rape in the case AT ALL

Two youths hanged for "sexual offences"

Two gay teenagers hanged - for being gay NOT RAPE

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Why can we not see that two HUMAN beings were hanged. I personally do not care what they did for a living. All I know is that people died of hanging in IRAN.

By the way, I am so sick of the double standards on ATS by some of its members. If this was done in AMERICA the entire world would be crying fowl and no one would be saying it is ok. For example if all of the terrorists being housed in Gitmo were hanged tomorrow NOONE would think that was ok. So how is this OK?

By the way, someone said they didnt have American names...well I hate to burst your bubble, there are A LOT of Americans with Middle Eastern, asian, african names so we really cannot know for sure right now whether or not they were american citizens.

edit on 19-5-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968.
By the way, I am so sick of the double standards on ATS by some of its members. If this was done in AMERICA the entire world would be crying fowl and no one would be saying it is ok. For example if all of the terrorists being housed in Gitmo were hanged tomorrow NOONE would think that was ok. So how is this OK

I would say it is OK even in USA ! most of those who are executed have done harsh crimes.
however there are some cases which are contrary to law. for example execution of mentally retarded people by mistake or anything.
I can name such unlawful executions, both in USA and Iran !
edit on 19-5-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The laws of a nation are the laws of a nation. You may not agree with all of them, and I certainly don't. In the US you can do 25 years for a small bag of dried plant material, and they also have executed the mentally handicapped. Therefore, I do not travel to the USA. Nor do I travel to Iran. I do not agree with all the laws in either of these two countries.

Spies got caught by a regressive regime and were executed. No big deal. They likely knew the consequences of getting caught.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
By the way, I am so sick of the double standards on ATS by some of its members. If this was done in AMERICA the entire world would be crying fowl and no one would be saying it is ok. For example if all of the terrorists being housed in Gitmo were hanged tomorrow NOONE would think that was ok. So how is this OK?

The only reason they support all of this is because Iran is anti-Isreal and anti-America.

These people absolutely HAVE to pick a team, they cannot think critically for themselves and be really independent with their thoughts, they need someone to cheer for.

For example, I can hate the US drone strikes and bombings of people in other countries, and I can hate the Israeli regime for their theft of land and the victimization of the Palestinian people - but that doesn't blind me to the abuses of the Syrian and Iranian regimes.

I can see disgusting abuses of Human Rights whether it's in Syria, Iran, Gaza or anywhere else. It doesn't matter to me who's flag is flying over it, I can see when something is wrong.

A lot of idiots here become apologists for disgusting violent despots because they have a common enemy in America or Israel, and that's just pathetically simple minded. Just look at some of the stupidity on here about Assad. We know he's guilty of atrocities, that is clear, there is a mountain of evidence of HIS MILITARY bombing towns and cities. There is CLEAR evidence of war crimes. But because he stands up to America and Israel people pretend he's some kind of poor victim deserving of sympathy

This place astounds me. I expected more from ATS.
edit on 19-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by amkia

It doesn't say if the men were Iranian or not but their names definitely aren't American/Israeli so you could be right. There isn't much known about them, their case, their trial, if there was one, or who they are. I tried doing a search for them and I come up with many facebook pages so I guess their names are fairly common either in Iran or the Middle East in general. Hell, there's even an Iranian soccer player by name of Mohammad Heidari but I doubt that's Israel's spy.

But death for treason isn't an uncommon punishment.
edit on 19-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

I assure you that both names are pretty common in Iran. Again, the act of treason has maximum punishment (death) in every nation and cultures.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You nailed it! That is what is wrong with our world. So many people just pick a side and no matter what the other side does it is ok.

I do not like everything my country does, and unfortunately, we the people have less control than foreignors would like to believe. I do however, love my country and most of its people. I love my world and most of its people.

Every country has spies. Britian, Australia, Germany, France, Iran, Iraq, all of them. So,if their spies are caught in our country and we give them a lethal injection I guarentee those that think this is OK on this thread would be screaming about how horrible Americans are.

There is nothing I hate more than a liar, except for someone with double standards.

I just keep singing what the world needs now is love sweet love over and over in my head...I do not know what else to do.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

That is is exactly why Antoine Louis invented the Guillotine. But it was Dr. Joseph-Ignace Guillotin that it was named after because he was the one who proposed its use a "Humane" form of execution.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The US has been threatening Iran for years because they want nuclear weapons, a desire that seems perfectly reasonable when you consider that their enemies already possess massive apocalyptic stockpiles of such weapons. Considering our history of covertly intervening in governments around the world based on disagreements about topics far less severe than nuclear armament it is reasonable for them to consider a US spy to be a potential terrorist, and to consider their immediate execution without trial a necessary security measure.

Our government has expressed the same position about terrorists, even if they happen to be US citizens. We lead by example!

eta: It is also worth considering that they have been specifically dealing with covert foreign intervention for a very long time in their country. I don't expect them to be very tolerant of suspected spies at this point, given the history.
edit on 5/19/2013 by Slugworth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
They could've been just two guys who were critical of the Iran govt. I mean, if they're critical of the Iran govt then they HAVE to be spies.

Kinda like being critical of the US govt. Those that are just HAVE to be domestic terrorists.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

If you recall the USA has executed spies in the past. So it isn't like this an "if" it were to happen situation. So, no need to act like it's never happened in the States.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.history.com...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yeah, hanging is so backwards. They should have kept them indefinitely, and waterboarded and tortured them every once in a while just to remind them where they are, like we do.

I bet most of our prisoners in Guantanamo would welcome hanging. Heck, most are still imprisoned without any charges, at least these guys were spies and chose to be so.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
Yeah, hanging is so backwards. They should have kept them indefinitely, and waterboarded and tortured them every once in a while just to remind them where they are, like we do.

I bet most of our prisoners in Guantanamo would welcome hanging. Heck, most are still imprisoned without any charges, at least these guys were spies and chose to be so.

I wouldn't ever recommend torture even though it's a possibility a spy accepts as a part of their job. And as far as I know there aren't any spies in GITMO, just those accused of being a terrorist. If a nation is going to execute a spy then there are better ways to do it. Still resorting to hanging is old school and like I said before, was it a public hanging? If so, well then, if the shoe fits..
edit on 19-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Better than being thrown into a prison cell on some island, never to be seen/heard from again, all while not knowing exactly why you've been incarcerated to begin with.

Spies KNOW what will happen if they get caught, and well...they did.

Spy games are ugly, and the only reason anyone heard about this is because of how fast information can spread via internet. If this was ten years ago, no one would have known except those on a need to know basis, and no one on this site could ride their high horse into the sunset because their way of life is superior to the rest.

To be honest, this isn't even news.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The only reason they support all of this is because Iran is anti-Isreal and anti-America.

These people absolutely HAVE to pick a team, they cannot think critically for themselves and be really independent with their thoughts, they need someone to cheer for.

Wrong.

I don't much like Iran. I really don't like the nation since about 1979. We never did get an apology and such a little thing would go a long way. There are a great many reasons...in fact..I dislike Iran. I also have absolutely no problem with what Iran did and the United States SHOULD be doing this...but we have an attitude of superiority, so profound, even traitors from within aren't considered a serous threat to absolutely deter. Other nations don't have those luxuries.

Others are making this all political. I don't see it that way and who knows what the local agents turned against their nation for. They may not even have seen it as political. If I ran into an American traitor in that true sense? I wouldn't care what the motivation or reasoning had been... That is generally not a crime any society tolerates, because all of society can be put at risk by those who do it.

Now...do the US and Israel use people who are willing to flip on their nation? Sure. Both nations use them. So does Iran and just about every developed nation, to any level. World Wide. It's what intelligence agencies do....and those who play the short end to take the end payments, know the risks. I hope the pieces of silver were worth it. (I really don't like traitors for any side....however useful one side may find such people for a period of time)

* If these had been Americans or Israeli's.....the world would have heard about this from Capture to swap or release from day 1. The fact no one even knew anything really happened, tells me these weren't important people and local turncoats, as pretty much agreed by both sides. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I really don't like the nation since about 1979. We never did get an apology and such a little thing would go a long way.

You are right an apology goes a long way. I'm surprised they are hostile towards America after we apologized for organizing a coup to overthrow their government install a brutal dictator and moving in companies to rape them of their resources. They are just so rude.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Iran is just like any other government, controlled by satan and it's puppets. You must all open your eyes to the truth and stop thinking there are real enemy's. The only real enemy is satan and you can defeat him with the love and power of Jesus-Christ. Just take a look around you, the things that you see are not what the seem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join