It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: 10,000 Troops Amass Around Fallujah, Attack Imminent.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Thirty thousand minimum. Think about it. If it is going to happen then the proper amount should do the job. This would be a good thing. It IS going to happen. To send in 10,000 troops is creating another standoff that will last too long and cause more problems. Send in a large number to get it over with. Don't hold back. It's sad but the only real solution.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
All of these big numbers are nice and all, but remember, we're undermanned in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Hmm. Stalingrad. Something happened in Stalingrad. Anyone remember what it was? The germans didn�t have nukes, though. We can always nuke �em if it goes wrong... (please don�t)

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Correct.

We should find the personal.

I agree with you but this should be resolved in the proper way.
Consolidate and isolate, that's their (US) only hope. Otherwise this war will not end anytime soon and it may not even then.

I was talking to my friend today. She is from Viet Nam. She left in 78 when she was 16 after her mother was killed. She helped my one brother Jack escape. She voted for Bush.. Her reasoning was that she didn't want the war on terrorism to come over here. The poor girl has seen enough. We both agreed that they should consolidate more troops in situations like this.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Bottom line:
The bad guys are Sunni iraqis and their non- iraqi allies
Fallujah is being attacked by the US and the newly trained iraqi soldiers who are mainly Shiite fighting for a change. Thousands of shiites were slaughtered by Saddam after the first Gulf War because the US and the UN didn't deliver the protecion that they had promised
These Sunni bastards are the minority who ruled Irak for so many years, being Saddam a Sunni himself
These Sunni bastards should either surrender or face annihilation. The Iraqi prime minister is fed up with this scumbags

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

These Sunni bastards are the minority who ruled Irak for so many years, being Saddam a Sunni himself
These Sunni bastards should either surrender or face annihilation. The Iraqi prime minister is fed up with this scumbags

Advocating genocide? Bit wrong isn't it? Just because the former ruling elite was Sunni, doesn't give the Shia any rights to exact revenge on the Sunni now does it?

Humankind will never learn with idiotic comments like that...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
Thirty thousand minimum. Think about it. If it is going to happen then the proper amount should do the job. This would be a good thing. It IS going to happen. To send in 10,000 troops is creating another standoff that will last too long and cause more problems. Send in a large number to get it over with. Don't hold back. It's sad but the only real solution.

Does overwhelming firepower and technology ring a bell?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yea, it is unfortunate. What else can we do? I have no answer.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Stalingrad? Getoutofit!! What are you thinking? That's almost as old a notion as liberation!

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It's easy to beleive if these are the same insurgents slowly contributing to the coalition and civilian death toll every day. If they are left unchallenged the myth of thier invincibility will grow every day, and putting your trust in the coalition will look less and less like a safe bet. The Coalition commanders had no viable alternative to the assault.

Already people are buying this myth saying the coalition forces were driven out. It was Bush making a political deal with the Iraqi Interim Government to avoid images of US troops involved in intense (you think what you saw a few months ago was intense...you aint seen nothing yet) street to street house to house fighting, with vital heavy weapons fire support (nobody is going to send your son home in a body bag because they were ordered to carefully clear a house of snipers when they can level it with a tank round...at least not anymore) because it and the US and Civilian casualties would not have played well for his re-election.

Well he's re-elected folks and there are no more deals on the table with the insurgents except to pack it in and live or get blasted.

If the US needs more troops and havent got them then you might begin to understand why veterans get miffed with politicians, beauracrats, media and a generally disinterested public in peace time when thier forces got cut nearly 50% as a peace dividend.

Its the old story. the dont have the forces they would like and they are not going to arrive in the timeframe they need them.....So go get it done with what you got, and save the bitching for later.

This is real war folks. Not your 91 Nintendo or Invasion Iraq X-Box 2003, and certainly not your politically hamstrung security mission of the last eighteen months. Take a good look because its gonna take a while and it gets really ugly.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is going to be sickening. I predict thousands of innocent Iraqi's are going to get killed here. People that have left this area are having to return home due to lack of ability to get food and water. This is going to be very bad.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is a serious mistake that will be done because there really is no other way to secure a city.

"Iraqi hospital officials in Al-Fallujah report 600 Iraqis have been killed in the fighting there so far and that more than 1,250 people have been injured. The Iraqi sources said more than half of the dead are women and children."

Source

When we kill women and children we bred hate. We aren't talking about some mudhut village, this is a city ranging from 110,000 to 300,000 people. Anyone in the military knows that urban fighting is some of the worst there is to do, especially when there are plenty of civilians around.

We will either be hurt badly, or they will be, or even both.

This is the begining of the end to liberation.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

A company commander of the Iraqi security forces who received a full briefing on the expected Falluja assault is missing from a military base where U.S. and Iraqi troops are preparing for the possible operation.

This sounds like a serious defection to me.

Iraqi briefed on Falluja plans missing

Marines concerned captain could pass along information

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's got to be done. 10,000 is plenty. Remember each Marine squad has artillery and a squadron on planes. They walk down the street, encounter resistance, identify building the scum is hiding it, ask for said building to be leveled, pick up pieces.

We have asked all civilians to leave the city for several weeks now. It�s not like a surprise attack folks.

This is how I was trained in the Army, the infantry is used to seek out and pin down the enemy while overwhelming force is brought to bear on their position to wipe them up. We have been fighting with the gloves on, not using this time-tested tactic. Now folks are about to see efficient warfare.

I predict that the battle will be sharp, violent in the extreme, and short. We will wipe the forces from this city in a very decisive manner with minimum casualties. I also predict this will break the will of the resistance and further organized violence will gradually reduce in scale and frequency.

Give us 10 more years folks. Like GB says, we are in for the long haul.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I wonder what else will be wipe "out" with the assault and if US is going to rebuild the "civilians" survivors an new city.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It's about time we kicked some butt in Fallujah. I hope we kill them all!

The only good Iraqi is a dead Iraqi. Hopefully there are plenty of women and children left for our troops to kill. I would hate to see them have to do without. Maybe we can ship some in from Palestine if they run short.

I can't wait for all that smart bomb footage to come out. This will be great. I just can't wait to see Abdul's face in the guidance camera as the bomb closes in on him. Better than NASCAR or professional wrestling, even (may God forgive me for saying that)!

As long as I don't have to get up out of my couch to change the channel, I'll be looking forward to seeing a fresh crop of televised carnage on TV. After all, that's why we fight wars, isn't it? To keep us entertained?

Once we finish these jihad johnnies off, we can get on with the business of taking over the rest of the world, just like God intended. That will make for some good television!

If you ain't America, you're the enemy. Godless heathens, prepare to meet the wrath of the LORD as dispensed by GOD'S PEOPLE!

NOTE: The above post was derived from prevailing stereotypes of Americans as expressed on ATS and in the international press, and does not necessarily represent the views of the author.

[edit on 11/6/2004 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
It's about time we kicked some butt in Fallujah. I hope we kill them all!

The only good Iraqi is a dead Iraqi. Hopefully there are plenty of women and children left for our troops to kill. I would hate to see them have to do without. Maybe we can ship some in from Palestine if they run short.

I can't wait for all that smart bomb footage to come out. This will be great. I just can't wait to see Abdul's face in the guidance camera as the bomb closes in on him. Better than NASCAR or professional wrestling, even (may God forgive me for saying that)!

As long as I don't have to get up out of my couch to change the channel, I'll be looking forward to seeing a fresh crop of televised carnage on TV. After all, that's why we fight wars, isn't it? To keep us entertained?

Once we finish these jihad johnnies off, we can get on with the business of taking over the rest of the world, just like God intended. That will make for some good television!

If you ain't America, you're the enemy. Godless heathens, prepare to meet the wrath of the LORD as dispensed by GOD'S PEOPLE!

NOTE: The above post was derived from prevailing stereotypes of Americans as expressed on ATS and in the international press, and does not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Now this gave me a good chuckle. I thought it was pbauer for a second.

Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
If putting boots into Iraq, turned the key that unlocks the gate of hell.
Leveling Falluja will open that gate.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Hmm. Stalingrad. Something happened in Stalingrad. Anyone remember what it was? The germans didn�t have nukes, though. We can always nuke �em if it goes wrong... (please don�t)

Technicaly we already nuked them, what do you think all of those depleted U-bullets are doing?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlabamaCajun
If putting boots into Iraq, turned the key that unlocks the gate of hell.
Leveling Falluja will open that gate.

And rightfully so.

Murdering in the name of freedom, while claiming to be against such, is hypocrisy in its purest form.

Jihad is not just "holy war." It's a struggle against oppression.

So, kill, kill, kill...but don't expect flowers and hugs in return.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by cstyle226]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join