It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong about control?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This world made me wonder, what is wrong about control?

Or was I just confused because of certain statements?

Not to be under control, is to be free, I hear them yell. And then they claim to have free will, while in fact they just prise themselves worthy of doing wrong, they feel allowed crossing the line, worthy of doing evil they level themselves.

"Be enslaved by God" does it ring.

Lose all control yourself, and let God be in control of your life. After all, about everything, God knows best.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Who is doing the controlling? That's the issue. We are consistently told that we cannot trust ourselves because we are inherently evil. We need someone perfect to control us. We need someone perfect to tell us what to do. Why? Because if left to our own devices, we will inevitably destroy ourselves and the world.

Is that what we believe? Christians of ATS, what about us makes it imperative to consign our souls and destinies to "God"?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Like has been told, one cannot do it by himself.......

Do you see

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
No I disagree.

Don't allow invisible spirits to control you, then you won't have any self-control at all.

I say let your own inner wisdom guide you. That way you won't have highly questionable entities directing you off a cliff.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Anyways why would "God" go through all the trouble of granting everyone free will if we are expected to give it up automatically and become automatons?

This to me indicates that any invisible entities who want to usurp my free will are probably not very trustworthy and most likely have ulterior motives to my detriment.

Just some philosophical reasons why I have problems with this.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
No I disagree.

Don't allow invisible spirits to control you, then you won't have any self-control at all.

I say let your own inner wisdom guide you. That way you won't have highly questionable entities directing you off a cliff.

Ok, do you want visible spirits to control you then?

All wisdom comes from "the Lord". Maybe this 'inner wisdom' you speak of are in fact these spirits you mention.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Anyways why would "God" go through all the trouble of granting everyone free will if we are expected to give it up automatically and become automatons?

This to me indicates that any invisible entities who want to usurp my free will are probably not very trustworthy and most likely have ulterior motives to my detriment.

Just some philosophical reasons why I have problems with this.

Free will to choose for Him, God, or free will to choose evil. Yet, there is an outcome to each decision which you might already have heard of.

God is good and God knows best, if one would sacrifice himself to be Slave to God, and Gods intention is for people to live eternally, I wouldn't exactly see a problem in it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

God is good and God knows best, if one would sacrifice himself to be Slave to God, and Gods intention is for people to live eternally, I wouldn't exactly see a problem in it.

Sorry but I am ultra-suspicious of entities that require sacrifice of any sort.

And as I said before, according to human tradition "God gave humans free will", by definition this makes all entities that want to "guide or control you" automatically bad.

So whatever "God" you refer to, it's actually just some crazy entity not the real universal flow itself.

You don't have to surrender to the universe and let it control you, you merely have to become aware of it and accept it for what it is, and make the best for yourself with what hand you are dealt.

I really believe you are allowing these entities to trick you into becoming their slave.
That is if they even exist at all, which is uncertain.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No, but what I meant is that one can use his free will to enslave Him to God.

God is the cause of your existence, I mean, it is not in the nature of the Most High to abuse.

His purpose if for people to feel good. He can build people up to become human.

You are already human you say? That's what science says, science is not always right.

You should say, "I am already blood, flesh and bones" and that does not make one necessarily human.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What's wrong about control?
It is difficult to answer a question as vague as this↑one.

Whether or not it is wrong, depends greatly upon the way it is being used, and what the controller's actual goal is.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I'd like to make clear, the devil does not control, the devil deceives, making one believe things the opposite of...

the opposite of... what issss

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I'd like to make clear, the devil does not control, the devil deceives, making one believe things the opposite of...
There are many different types of methods that can be used in order to control others.

If there is a devil, and if he is out to deceive, and if people believe those deceptions, then that too is a form of control.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Is it to 'control'? Or 'to keep them in line' while all is illusion.

If the devil means nothing to one, he does trust in God.

Think in opposites, it can be a savior, ..... when ? is not this,.. it is that.

One knows that way/keeps things as what they are, I don't say it is always pleasant, but God cares for you.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
What is evil, anyway?

I think it's letting another person choose your God for you. Letting another person tell you what God is, what God wants, and how God wants you to act, instead of letting your God be. My God lets you be whatever you want, be it good or evil. Regardless of whether you consider yourself good or evil, there is a question you have to ask. Did God make you be that way, or did you make Him to let you?

Becoming a slave to anything is counter-productive, imho. Giving up control of yourself to become a passerby in your own body can seem like freedom to some. Specifically, the freedom to stop caring about the result of their actions and to just observe their own actions. Personally, I don't think God wants us to observe. I think He wants us to actively observe, as He does. My God speaks when spoken to. He reacts when taunted, even though He usually just laughs. That's what I love about my God. He laughs.

The devil deceives. But he does so at the behest of the one who controls him. What possible purpose would God have for the devil? Simple. To test us. My God can't always tell us the truth, because then we really would be slaves. He has to mix in some lies so that we learn the difference between the truth and a lie. I don't think his purpose is to make us distrust the devil, but to make us more intelligent. At least as intelligent as God Himself. How else could we love Him as much as He loves us?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

the opposite of... what issss

I will always stand back and ponder, when the servants will "understand" this.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Well usually in order to control someone you are tricking them to go against their free will - whether it be money or power or subliminal advertising, it is usually for personnel gain of the ego. If you would like someone to do something for you as in controlling them, your ego would have to communicate with your subconscious to see if it is right. Sorry to say that the latest studies show everything the ego thinks is conditionally 90% wrong, that is Everything. They go on to confirm expectation is like money - it is the root of all evil - because the word 'expectation' in psychology is like 99% percent wrong, it is like a magnetic power from the mind to oppose everything that is factual in reality. Now this is first a mechanism to help individuals to deal with reality on earth, but after 2012 we are 'going past physics' now. You would ask those individuals to take '___' in a small dose, yes many today would not and even if they did it would result to a 'bad trip' because their mind is filled with so much anxiety it will by far not let them enter into the next dimension of reality. The only fact on that is it would take them out of their ego, and in that 'time' they wouldn't be thinking about control but how to understand true reality.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Lose all control yourself, and let God be in control of your life. After all, about everything, God knows best.

Which god?

How do we know if that control is coming from god or Satan (the Great Deceiver)?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Angle

Which god?

How do we know if that control is coming from god or Satan (the Great Deceiver)?

One must constantly test the information being given.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

All wisdom comes from "the Lord". ***Maybe*** this 'inner wisdom' you speak of are in fact these spirits you mention.

Maybe??? Do you want to risk your soul spending eternity in hell on a maybe?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Angle

Which god?

One must constantly test the information being given.

Sure. We humans are good at that. lololol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join