It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confess here! what music moves you that you won't let people know you love?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
pop music for me

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
When I was a baby, just shy of two years old, I had open heart surgery. I had an NDE when they stopped my heart and put me on bypass, which I remember vividly.

When I woke up, this song was on the hospital TV

www.youtube.com...

I was only 2. Whenever I heard that song ever since it just makes me cry. I can't even begin to explain how strange it makes me feel. Like I'm out of place here. The earliest memory I have was waking up in the hospital and seeing this song on tv.

even now, for some reason I don't know, it fills me with despair. I know when I had congestive heart failure my mom used to sing it to me. I think they expected me to die, and they had accepted it.

maybe I was supposed to die.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Riiiiight. Like I am really going to post that here given the fact that it is music I don't want anyone to know I love. What if someone I know reads ATS and figures out its me *looks around feeling extremely paranoid* Besides, I only listen to Metal.

Just Kidding. There are a hand full of Taylor Swift songs I like, but I would never admit to it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Bob Seger. Also at one time I would not admit to liking Jethro Tull either. But I have rationalized that by realising they were actually quite subversive, and were actually taking the piss out of the prop-rock genre, that I generally detest lol.

I grew up in the era of punk rock, and the Mod revival. 1977 was year zero. Prog-rock and country-rock was passé, and should have died like the dinosaurs. Music was supposed to have a message, and not just be a nice tune you can whistle to. Anything that didn't have the right message was dismissed as irrelevant, and passé.

To be honest I'm a sucker for a good melody. Lucky for me in those days it was cool to be into sixties soul, Northern Soul, as we called it. Because it wasn't mainstream, what we listened to were not even hits during their time, due to the segregation and general attitude towards "race music", as it was called. Those singers, even though singing about the usual relationship clichés, were accepted because of their struggle.

We took it all waaay to seriously lol.

I forgot one, Boy George and Culture Club, there I said it, I feel better with that off my chest.
♫"Karma karma karma karma chameleon"♫ George is soulful to the bone.

edit on 5/19/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

C'mon we already know you're a massive Rick Astley fan.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Okay...I will come out of the closet...I'm a HUGE Pumpkinhead. That's right, Billy and his guitar have gotten me through the last few decades...there were a few duds, but Oceania was brilliant. The Smashing Pumpkins have basically been the soundtrack to my life.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I gotta say that my taste in music touches almost every kind, except the first one the OP has linked... lol I never liked that kind of music.

But I wanted to say thanks to DarwinvsJesus for making me discover Mates of State!
I really like that! It'll be my next musical sin for a few weeks as I will bath in it until it sweats from my every pores... ...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
SHHHH!!!!......Don't tell anyone that I like this song.

As the top comment says "Eargasm" - Love it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Lady Gaga.

I'm sorry dad.

edit on 19-5-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Hic

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DarwinVsJesus

Goosebumps you say? Well....close enough!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I hadn't listened to them in years but heard one of their songs a few weeks ago and went on a mini Smashing Pumpkins kick.

@Anok How did you know? I have never told a soul, and if you tell I will hunt you down and..... (insert random T&C violation here)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm a hard rock, country rock kinda guy, but this brings tears to my eyes. Never have figured it out.

edit on 19-5-2013 by NightFlight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'm a metal head myself but when no ones lookin.....

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I hesitate to tell people that I mostly listen to video game music remixes, as well as the original tracks. But I'll admit it if someone asks, because I can't honestly think of anything else.

That said, I am of the opinion that David Wise and Koji Kondo are the two most talented composers in the world.

edit on 19-5-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Why would you not tell people you love the Rev?

Jim Heath rocks!

edit on 5/19/2013 by ANOK because: wouldn't lol

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
*sigh*
I secretly jam to this... and others.
But shhhhhhhh tell NO ONE!!

edit on 20-5-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Yeah that took some balls, kudos to you mate!

Almost as bad as admitting to liking Rick Astley eh?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I've really enjoyed the variety of choices here. Personally, I love many different kinds of music.

Call me sentimental...

This song has some kind of magic over me. If I hear it playing in a mall or anywhere I suddenly freeze without even knowing why, until I recognize the song playing. Some songs just sneak right past all your defenses and move you and you can't really explain why.

edit on 20-5-2013 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
I hesitate to tell people that I mostly listen to video game music remixes, as well as the original tracks. But I'll admit it if someone asks, because I can't honestly think of anything else.

That said, I am of the opinion that David Wise and Koji Kondo are the two most talented composers in the world.

edit on 19-5-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

was koji kondo the guy who did the chrono trigger music? my god, that's a great jazz album.

Mates of State is wonderful. See also Rilo Kiley and Architecture in Helsinki.

yeah, I listen to gurgling death metal, funeral doom metal, and #ing indiepop.

i said it. I LIKE INDIEPOP. WITH BUBBLES [see: the owls go]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join