It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical Changes - Would You Be Suspicious?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Let's say that you and I were loose acquaintances and I was 6 foot 4 and had dark brown eyes.

We subsequently don't see each other for five months and then I show up later (i.e. after those five months) standing more than a foot taller in height (i.e. 7'4) with blue eyes and a longer face - would you be suspicious? Would you be alarmed? What would go through your mind?

Just wondering...
edit on 5/19/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"WTF"
would be the first thing on my mind...But then again I believe in the simulated reality theory and would think in my head that this guy/girl got hooked up with some sick upgrades by the architect.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If they appeared that different how would you even know or think that was your old acquaintance? Maybe I'm not understanding the question.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
If they appeared that different how would you even know or think that was your old acquaintance? Maybe I'm not understanding the question.

I think what he means to say is it's the person you have known but taller and with blue eyes. Correct me If I'm wrong Op.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Absolutely correct, yes.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

As PurpleVortex stated.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
OP, is this a hypothetical? Or have you noticed a physical change in an acquaintance of yours?

If it were me I'd ask a series of questions to determine if this person is actually my "friend". Once satisfied that he his I'd asked the obvious: What the hell happened? If not satisfied, that it is my "friend", I'd try to figure out who or what this person is. And then post my findings here on ATS of course.

L2L

reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Great - now you've just got me doing a massive amount of reading on "simulated reality hypotheses" - it certainly seems very interesting...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I don't really know what I would do. After my stupor in disbelief I might ask why they look different even if I know the answer just to see if they know what I'm referring to. Maybe a growth spurt (depending on their age) and colored contacts.
I would also question my recollection of them. Maybe it's me that is perceiving them differently for some reason.

Rather interesting question. Have you encountered this in someone you know and not sure how to present it here so you're asking hypothetically?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

Great - now you've just got me doing a massive amount of reading on "simulated reality hypotheses" - it certainly seems very interesting...

Ideas like these literally keep me going in life...

Check out this recent Thread bro
edit on 19-5-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I have encountered similar things, yes; things that I cannot explain. But as think myself rational and sane, hypotheticals would seem to approach the situation in an indirect manner, so as not to sound outrageously insane.

I believe such occurrences like this would be deemed like, or comparable to, an "Outside Context Problem": Excession - Outside Context Problem
Such an occurrence is basically something that you haven't even envisioned and so, when it actually occurs, you're baffled, confused and don't quite know how to approach the situation immediately. (It'd be much like one's dead father knocking on one's front door and saying "hi" looking apparently healthy and happy or an advanced AI system visiting Earth in a self-created starship). You'd scratch your head first, then try to see what's going on...
edit on 5/19/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I would question every single thing I knew about them to make sure it was them, if they can prove they are who they were, then I would be really interested in hearing how they changed themselves and why.
Otherwise I would suspect someone was pulling my leg.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have had a few things rock my world and be outside my reality reference. It can be a fast track to mental instability, speaking from experience, as your mind tries to make sense of it. The first such, 'this can't be real' experience flipped me out. Now, I just roll with it.

edit on 19-5-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Such an occurrence is basically something that you haven't even envisioned and so, when it actually occurs, you're baffled, confused and don't quite know how to approach the situation immediately.

I know what you mean. I've seen paranormal things that I'm skeptical about even posting on ATS because of how crazy it sounds.

I wonder how many of us have a story like that? One we kind of keep on the down low because it seems so unbelievable if you were to tell it.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I'm sure many do have that sort of thing happen to them - indeed, I'm sure that many "reality dysfunctions" occur from time to time...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I would assume you had gigantism and suggest you see a doctor pronto....

top topics

join