It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

All the current White House scandals? Irrelevant!

page: 5
30
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


I still think that all these (White House scandals) are distractions from something else. The question is...what?

I have the same powerful feeling..and the same sinking sense of wonder. If this is what we're supposed to see ..what, pray tell, is supposed to be hidden and beyond easy notice?


Count me in on that feeling too. It all seems somewhat contrived.

If the Obama administration was this incompetent then why did it take so long to catch them with their hand in the cookie jar?

Maybe the real power brokers are pushing the political pendulum back the other direction just like what happened in George W. Bush's 2nd term?

We all know how much republicans love war. Maybe thats the road we are heading down?
edit on 20-5-2013 by Nicks87 because: spelling

edit on 20-5-2013 by Nicks87 because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused
 



"He got a phone call from SOCAFRICA (Special Operations Command Africa) which said, you can't go now, you don't have authority to go now," Hicks said. "They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it."

Hicks said the commander told him: "I have never been so embarrassed in my life that a State Department officer has bigger balls than somebody in the military."

Maj. Robert Firman, a Pentagon spokesman, said Tuesday there was never any kind of stand-down order. Firman later said the military is trying to assess the incident Hicks is referring to, but the aircraft in question wound up evacuating a second wave of Americans from Benghazi to Tripoli, not transporting rescuers to a firefight.

The Department of Defense "responded in every way it could as quickly as it could and we were coordinating with the Department of State every step of the way," he said


USA Today


Perhaps the most stirring part of his testimony came when Hicks recounted how he had convinced a defense attaché to get a Libyan C-130 transport aircraft with four American special forces to fly to Benghazi.

"The people in Benghazi had been fighting all night. They were tired. They were exhausted. We wanted to make sure the airport was secure for their withdrawal," he said. "As [Special Operations Command Africa] Lt. Col Gibson and his three personnel were getting in the cars, he stopped, and he called them off and said -- told me that he had not been authorized to go."


Huffington Post


According to excerpts released Monday, Hicks told investigators that SOCAFRICA commander Lt. Col. Gibson and his team were on their way to board a C-130 from Tripoli for Benghazi prior to an attack on a second U.S. compound "when [Col. Gibson] got a phone call from SOCAFRICA which said, 'you can't go now, you don't have the authority to go now.' And so they missed the flight ... They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it."


CBS

I'm under no obligation to post links when participating in a discussion. People are free to search up keywords if they choose to read my post. Generally I do, but sometimes I don't have time. It's not the same as starting your own thread. Now kindly get off my ass, until you learn some manners.



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Its not manufactured but still its greatly exaggerated.

Uh ... no. SOMEONE gave the 'stand down order'. SOMEONE left our people in the field to die. SOMEONE (many someones') covered and lied to the American people. Those facts are sickening. And they are facts .. not exaggeration.


That's war. It happens. You can't save everyone. People will die.
Commanders oftentimes have to make tough decisions.

The people attacking the complex had RPGs. If a helicopter was sent in, MORE people would've died, and then you'd be asking why he sent in troops into harm's way!!

I'm one of the most vocal anti-war people too!!! I'm #ing pissed Obama attacked Libya, hasn't withdrawn all troops, and is using drones(not just that he used it on one american!!) But I still understand strategy. People are upset at this for purely political reasons.

Do you really think they intentionally just let Americans die for the fun of it? Because that seems to be all your accusation is. You can disagree with the decision. That doesn't mean it's a "scandal" and heads need to roll. It happens in wartime. Not every decision works out how it should, even though in this case I think they made the right call.


edit on 20-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)


Actually there was a AC-130 spectre gunship within 2hrs of the consulate, they fly much higher than a shoulder fired rpg can reach but no order was given for them to respond. Also there are MQ-1 Predators that were nearby as well.

There is absolutely no excuse for not sending help to the Americans at bengahzi. Incompetant politicians let those men die and need to be held responsible.



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


If you look beyond what this lackey is saying you have to see the relevance of him saying it. If you are to believe the talk show shills and Limbaugh, anyone that is not part of this administrations agenda are all totally afraid that the IRS will get them and that someone is listening to every word we say so from here on out we as a group of free thinking people will let these people beat us down and keep us there.

Point being as long as you have the other person down you say what ever you want, truth or lie and don't blink an eye, just say what ever puts the other person down, and never discuss truth or facts because you have neither of either one..........................if the truth is undeniable you create your own.........I don't know where that quote came from, it just fit.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by BenReclused
 



"He got a phone call from SOCAFRICA (Special Operations Command Africa) which said, you can't go now, you don't have authority to go now," Hicks said. "They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it."

Hicks said the commander told him: "I have never been so embarrassed in my life that a State Department officer has bigger balls than somebody in the military."

Maj. Robert Firman, a Pentagon spokesman, said Tuesday there was never any kind of stand-down order. Firman later said the military is trying to assess the incident Hicks is referring to, but the aircraft in question wound up evacuating a second wave of Americans from Benghazi to Tripoli, not transporting rescuers to a firefight.

The Department of Defense "responded in every way it could as quickly as it could and we were coordinating with the Department of State every step of the way," he said


USA Today


Perhaps the most stirring part of his testimony came when Hicks recounted how he had convinced a defense attaché to get a Libyan C-130 transport aircraft with four American special forces to fly to Benghazi.

"The people in Benghazi had been fighting all night. They were tired. They were exhausted. We wanted to make sure the airport was secure for their withdrawal," he said. "As [Special Operations Command Africa] Lt. Col Gibson and his three personnel were getting in the cars, he stopped, and he called them off and said -- told me that he had not been authorized to go."


Huffington Post


According to excerpts released Monday, Hicks told investigators that SOCAFRICA commander Lt. Col. Gibson and his team were on their way to board a C-130 from Tripoli for Benghazi prior to an attack on a second U.S. compound "when [Col. Gibson] got a phone call from SOCAFRICA which said, 'you can't go now, you don't have the authority to go now.' And so they missed the flight ... They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it."


CBS

I'm under no obligation to post links when participating in a discussion. People are free to search up keywords if they choose to read my post. Generally I do, but sometimes I don't have time. It's not the same as starting your own thread. Now kindly get off my ass, until you learn some manners.


CBS, USA Today and Huffington Post? Lol, all they do is repeat white house talking points. Maybe you should find some less bias news organizations to quote from but thats a topic for another thread.



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87
 


What would the gun ship do? Fire on the the outpost?
Have four officers parachute out of the plane where they could be shot down?
The situation absolutely sucked and it was sad, but it wasn't a video game where you can replay a map until you pull off the perfect maneuvers. I think it was the right call not to send anyone else in and more than likely add to the fatalities.



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87
 


Feel free to file a FOIA request for the Congressional records of Hicks testimony.



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87


Actually there was a AC-130 spectre gunship within 2hrs of the consulate, they fly much higher than a shoulder fired rpg can reach but no order was given for them to respond. Also there are MQ-1 Predators that were nearby as well.

There is absolutely no excuse for not sending help to the Americans at bengahzi. Incompetant politicians let those men die and need to be held responsible.


I know AC-130s are stationed in Hurlburt Field in florida and Cannon AFB in new mexico but i have not heard of any deployment to anywhere close to Benghazi do you have something to show this. As far as i know socom was not in the theater but sitting back here in the states. Next i dont think bringing an AC 130 into a city would be a good idea unless we were trying to level it. These are not precision aircraft they come in andblow up stuff buildings people entire blocks.



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
mods, can we please close this thread?

We have lots of threads about these scandals already?



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko
 


All these supposed scandals are being overblown..by..guess who.

Guess who feels that your comments are "overblown".


they are doing their best to keep in the public's eye. They believe the more they scream and shout..wave their arms and failing to mention they are stretching the truth or leaving out facts...and such, the public may take notice and think they are for us. Wrong idea guys...once the public hears what they have to say....the public will say "OMG..these idiots again..thought they were gone"

Damn! That sounds just like Mr. Obama, YOU, and the rest of His Royal Cheerleaders! Rah, rah, rah...


Dare not mention that Bush was worse...for they will point out ..

Dare not mention Mr. Obama's short comings, for they will be called racists... or "Uncle Toms"... or "tokens"... ... ...


In fact all right wing presidents are not relevant to this current president...and they should get a pass..why..because they are not the current president.

I kind of, sort of, agree: No President should blame a predecessor for their own policy failures. Perhaps we should call for a "Beer Summit" with Mr. Obama.


Once the older folks of America are gone...I believe America may become a great place.

I disagree! America won't improve until our citizens start voting on the basis if merit, instead of good looks, a nice smile, sweet promises, and concern over what their peers may think. Much more often than not, it's "the older folks" that base their votes on merit.


I believe this will all come back and bite the right in the a**..so keep screaming and pointing out overblown bit points. Keep faux crying about four dead Americans...and shed no tears for the thousands of dead American soldiers.because they don't matter, why.because they cannot be used politically to attack Obama.

Once again: Rah, rah, rah...

See ya,
Milt
edit on 20-5-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375
 


And I've yet to understand what the fuss with Benghazi was. Only 4 Americans died. I think whoever made the decision to not send more troops into harm's way made the right call.

4 people died, and the rest were, for the most part, abandoned. Unlike you, I consider that EXTREME NEGLIGENCE on the part of our, supposed, Commander in Chief!


The people attacking the complex had RPGs and more. If they sent in a chopper it would've been very likely that it went down, more than doubling the death toll.

I see no reason that an AC-130 couldn't have been there long before the attack on the annex. That would have very likely saved two lives.

See ya,
Milt



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by Nicks87


Actually there was a AC-130 spectre gunship within 2hrs of the consulate, they fly much higher than a shoulder fired rpg can reach but no order was given for them to respond. Also there are MQ-1 Predators that were nearby as well.

There is absolutely no excuse for not sending help to the Americans at bengahzi. Incompetant politicians let those men die and need to be held responsible.


I know AC-130s are stationed in Hurlburt Field in florida and Cannon AFB in new mexico but i have not heard of any deployment to anywhere close to Benghazi do you have something to show this. As far as i know socom was not in the theater but sitting back here in the states. Next i dont think bringing an AC 130 into a city would be a good idea unless we were trying to level it. These are not precision aircraft they come in andblow up stuff buildings people entire blocks.





Here you go:

pjmedia.com...

timothymiles.com...

...And yes they do have precision attack capabilities and so do predators and so do the F-16s that were stationed at sigonella and aviano ABs.



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
mods, can we please close this thread?

We have lots of threads about these scandals already?


Oh wow dont like the topic and trying to get it removed. That's kinda fascist don't you think. If you don't like the thread don't come with it. That's the problem with many Americans today it's ok if we ban something since I don't agree with it anyway. Well a major part of freedom is the freedom of an individual to decide what they want to do. Now of course this creates problems but the alternative is far worse. Look if you dislike something don't do it but don't impose your beliefs on others if people here wish to post that is their decision not yours.



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Nicks87
 


What would the gun ship do? Fire on the the outpost?
Have four officers parachute out of the plane where they could be shot down?
The situation absolutely sucked and it was sad, but it wasn't a video game where you can replay a map until you pull off the perfect maneuvers. I think it was the right call not to send anyone else in and more than likely add to the fatalities.


Video games huh?

No, Obama apologists are the ones that are having trouble separating fantasy from reality.

Here's another account of the attack:

www.westernjournalism.com...#!



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87
 


I don't support Obama.
Nice knee jerk assumption though.



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Nicks87
 


I don't support Obama.
Nice knee jerk assumption though.


Not anymore you dont.



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Nicks87
 


What would the gun ship do? Fire on the the outpost?
Have four officers parachute out of the plane where they could be shot down?
The situation absolutely sucked and it was sad, but it wasn't a video game where you can replay a map until you pull off the perfect maneuvers. I think it was the right call not to send anyone else in and more than likely add to the fatalities.


Video games huh?

No, Obama apologists are the ones that are having trouble separating fantasy from reality.

Here's another account of the attack:

www.westernjournalism.com...#!



Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Nicks87
 


What would the gun ship do? Fire on the the outpost?
Have four officers parachute out of the plane where they could be shot down?
The situation absolutely sucked and it was sad, but it wasn't a video game where you can replay a map until you pull off the perfect maneuvers. I think it was the right call not to send anyone else in and more than likely add to the fatalities.


the C-130 was a Libyan plane ready to evacuate.


As the evacuation in Tripoli continued, a Libyan C-130 transport plane in Tripoli began preparing to go to Benghazi to pick up evacuated survivors to fly them to Tripoli, according to the Pentagon.

Pentagon Explains Use of Forces in Benghazi
 




Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Nicks87
 


I don't support Obama.
Nice knee jerk assumption though.


Where did the poster call you an Obama supporter ?


Maybe you had a "knee jerk" reaction


was that a Saul Alinsky trick?



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74
 


Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by BenReclused
 



"He got a phone call from SOCAFRICA (Special Operations Command Africa) which said, you can't go now, you don't have authority to go now," Hicks said. "They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it."

Hicks said the commander told him: "I have never been so embarrassed in my life that a State Department officer has bigger balls than somebody in the military."

Maj. Robert Firman, a Pentagon spokesman, said Tuesday there was never any kind of stand-down order. Firman later said the military is trying to assess the incident Hicks is referring to, but the aircraft in question wound up evacuating a second wave of Americans from Benghazi to Tripoli, not transporting rescuers to a firefight.

The Department of Defense "responded in every way it could as quickly as it could and we were coordinating with the Department of State every step of the way," he said


USA Today


Perhaps the most stirring part of his testimony came when Hicks recounted how he had convinced a defense attaché to get a Libyan C-130 transport aircraft with four American special forces to fly to Benghazi.

"The people in Benghazi had been fighting all night. They were tired. They were exhausted. We wanted to make sure the airport was secure for their withdrawal," he said. "As [Special Operations Command Africa] Lt. Col Gibson and his three personnel were getting in the cars, he stopped, and he called them off and said -- told me that he had not been authorized to go."


Huffington Post


According to excerpts released Monday, Hicks told investigators that SOCAFRICA commander Lt. Col. Gibson and his team were on their way to board a C-130 from Tripoli for Benghazi prior to an attack on a second U.S. compound "when [Col. Gibson] got a phone call from SOCAFRICA which said, 'you can't go now, you don't have the authority to go now.' And so they missed the flight ... They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it."


CBS

I'm under no obligation to post links when participating in a discussion. People are free to search up keywords if they choose to read my post. Generally I do, but sometimes I don't have time. It's not the same as starting your own thread. Now kindly get off my ass, until you learn some manners.

Hi "Kali74",

I truly thank you for finally supporting one of your claims. Earlier you claimed that Mr. Hicks testified:

that he requested 4 Special Forces troops be sent from Tripoli to come help, but that SOCA not Obama, denied the request in order to keep the Tripoli Embassy safe.

I'm sorry, but your sources only confirm what I already knew:
"That doesn't even come close to matching Mr. Hicks' testimony!"


I'm under no obligation to post links when participating in a discussion.

Neither am I, but I tend to do so in an effort to show some honesty, integrity, and sincerity when posting my assertions. Unlike you, I don't expect anyone to accept my words as being true without verification.


People are free to search up keywords if they choose to read my post.

An honest person wouldn't expect someone else to verify their own claims. That comment says a lot about you.


Generally I do, but sometimes I don't have time. It's not the same as starting your own thread.

For someone that claims to be honest, those are certainly a couple of piss poor excuses.


Now kindly get off my ass, until you learn some manners.

If you had been more honest, you wouldn't have felt as if I was "on your ass". Regarding manners: You should take your own advice.

See ya,
Milt



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Supporting any party at this point,is pointless...imo,but for individuals to still support the obama administration and defend it at this juncture is just "sore loser syndrome." Have the courage to be honest with yourself.



posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87
 


CBS, USA Today and Huffington Post? Lol, all they do is repeat white house talking points.

I checked those sources, and they fell right inline with everything else I already knew about Mr. Hicks' testimony. There was certainly nothing there that verified what "Kali74" claimed Mr. Hicks said.

See ya,
Milt



new topics

top topics



 
30
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join