It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the current White House scandals? Irrelevant!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

To 'Run the country' turns out it doesn't.

No apparently it doesn't and it could be because it gets all its info from the news - just like us! You'd think they'd have a better system no?

The longtime “Daily Show” host on Tuesday night tore into the White House and specifically bashed the president for repeatedly claiming he learned of major events at the same time as the American public.

He played video clips of Mr. Obama saying he learned of the “Fast and Furious” gunrunning scandal through news reports. Mr. Stewart then played a similar clip of the president claiming to have learned about the infamous 2009 Air Force One flyover of Manhattan through the media.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney offered the same defense for the revelation that the Department of Justice had seized phone logs from The Associated Press, saying the commander-in-chief had no knowledge of it other than through the press.

p.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 19-5-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Whoa there buddy....you're portraying that as something it's not....

"Look, I can't speak to the law here," he said. "The law is irrelevant. The activity was outrageous and inexcusable."

He said that he doesn't know whether it was illegal or not, the status of the law is irrelevant. What matters is that it shouldn't have happened.

And I've yet to understand what the fuss with Benghazi was. Only 4 Americans died. I think whoever made the decision to not send more troops into harm's way made the right call.
The people attacking the complex had RPGs and more. If they sent in a chopper it would've been very likely that it went down, more than doubling the death toll.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I still think that all these (White House scandals) are distractions from something else. The question is...what?

The death of the US Dollar reserve currency status, perhaps the fact that economic collapse is right around the corner. That there was a GOLD EXCHANGE DEFAULT by Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange, likely would be the same as COMEX but the admin won't let that happen. Also reports are showing that China has been cooking the books with their exports.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Dare not mention that Bush was worse...for they will point out ..he is not president now...so he should get a pass on his past digressions.

Who is saying that? Bush definitely should not get a pass on what he did and neither should Obama.

Once the older folks of America are gone...I believe America may become a great place.

Ya, guess that is why you guys like Obamacare so much.

and the only thing America is becoming is a large group of entitled masses wanting, no demanding a guarantee on a good life, better not hope all those old folks die, they are the ones paying for all your free stuff.
edit on 20-5-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I really don't give a crap what this guy has to say about the "scandals", nor do I really care what you have to say about them. The only *relevant* fact here is that that *you know nothing*. When the facts do come out and and if the president and his administration are proven to be the f-ups that you really want them to be, you can gloat all you want - but until then, can you keep it down a little?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Droane strikes on US citizens Irelevant. Hey this is kinda fun one more Closing of Gitmo irrelevant. You know I wonder if its the position that corupts people they come into office talking about how there going to change things and we all ways end up in the same place democrat or republican irelevant.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
So we're supposed to believe that the GOP is backing off Benghazi because there's other scandals to talk about?.

The GOP isn't backing off anything. And democrats are not backing off it either.
It's just that Benghazi has to share the TV news time with all the other scandals
now as well. The IRS scandal for example. That's HUGE and the democrats are
just as uptight about it as the republicans. There are only just so many hours in
a day to report news .. and with so many scandals and illegalities coming out of
this administration, time has to be made for them all.

But no one is 'backing off' Benghazi.

reply to post by kerazeesicko

Stuck in the right wing = bad, left wing = good mode. Hating on 'older people'.
And even managed to sneak in playing the racist card. Incredible ....
edit on 5/20/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

They most definitely are backing off Benghazi, I have no idea how many hours of tv news a day was or is dedicated to Benghazi... I don't watch television. I'm judging by the fact that all the GOP is screaming about at the moment is the IRS scandal.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The most corrupt administration ever. He's not even out of office yet and the walls are crashing in. The liberal media has been trying to protect him but even they are starting to turn.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
They most definitely are backing off Benghazi, I have no idea how many hours of tv news a day was or is dedicated to Benghazi... I don't watch television. I'm judging by the fact that all the GOP is screaming about at the moment is the IRS scandal

1 - No they are not backing off Benghazi.

2 - If you don't watch television then how would you know how much time is being dedicated to each of the unfolding scandals?

3 - There is more new information about the IRS scandal and the AP scandal at this time then about the Benghazi scandal - which is six months old. So naturally the new information is being discussed more than rehashing the old. That doesn't equate to 'backing off'. It just equates to the MSM reporting what is NEW.

4 - This is a matter of basic math. 24 hours in a day divided by the number of scandals that are being discussed and the level of new information pertaining to those scandals. When there was one scandal, then more time was devoted to exposing it. Now with 5 or 6 scandals (i've lost track) .. that same amount of time must be divided between them. THAT is why you hear less about Benghazi. Not because 'someone is backing off' ... but because there are only just so many hours in a day to report what is happening and there are more than just the one scandal going on at this time.

Hey .. I get it ... those that actually still buy into the 'hope and change' desperately want all these scandals to disappear so they can have their pristine image of Obama kept untarnished. But no amount of wishful rhetoric will make the facts disappear. Maybe Obama's Chicago style thuggery and leaning on the AP and other news sources will make the facts disappear ... but rhetoric saying 'the GOP is backing off', will not.
edit on 5/20/2013 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
I really don't give a crap what this guy has to say about the "scandals", nor do I really care what you have to say about them. The only *relevant* fact here is that that *you know nothing*. When the facts do come out and and if the president and his administration are proven to be the f-ups that you really want them to be, you can gloat all you want - but until then, can you keep it down a little?

YOU also know nothing. Facts have been coming out a little at a time in this Benghazi issue only because people have been digging on this since the first day. If people had shut their mouths and just went with what the Obama administration put on, the FACTS may never have came out. You think the State Dept. would have come back weeks later and voluntarily disclose that they lied about the protests? The facts don't just come out if somebody is hiding them.

If people didn't keep this debate alive, the debate would be over the First Amendment and people's rights to post videos some religions may find offensive.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
We are witnessing evolution as we speak.....the "B-b-b-but Bush" excuse is evolving into "I didn't know" excuse.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Well, first Ghost, I'm not your buddy. You throw things like the Race card down as if losing a hand in a card game...and I can't respect that or the person that enjoys doing it. Just to get that out of the way, up front.

Second, this Obama aid managed to explain everything away as irrelevant. Not just one scandal, but all of them. Well, wouldn't it just be dandy if the world really worked that way. Wouldn't we all like it if we could commit crimes or, by omission of action and leadership, allow crime to be committed then just say "Oh Well, it's irrelevant...move along now". I'll bet our prisons are FULL of people that wish the world really worked that way.

Obama may well find by the end of this, the title of President does him NO more in legal immunity than Community Organizer would have.

Last, if you don't get Benghazi, I don't know what would. Losing a family member of your own and being told to 'get over it'? You see, to many Americans? That was a personal attack. It was an attack against a US sovereign outpost in a foreign nation. That happens.....too often, truth be known. What doesn't happen is a total 'thumb up butt' response from the top leadership of the nation ..."waiting to see" what happens. Well, they watched 4 men die hard. I hope they got a GOOOOOD look at what murder looks like. They committed it x's 4.

Now...who specifically constitutes "they" is what I want to know and it's what a nation wants to know. The apologists and Obama lovers don't want to know. That's typical and expected. Obama could shoot a man dead in the Rose Garden and some people would be out 5 minutes later with reasons why it's "irrelevant". :shk:

Go defend Obama with someone who cares to hear it. It's wasted type to me....as his actions speak FAR FAR louder than any word he's ever uttered. His actions are those of epic failure on all efforts of leadership and inspiring those who follow it. In short, HE is a failure...and his aid is the American Baghdad Bob, come to life.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernForkway26

Originally posted by redtic

YOU also know nothing. Facts have been coming out a little at a time in this Benghazi issue only because people have been digging on this since the first day. If people had shut their mouths and just went with what the Obama administration put on, the FACTS may never have came out. You think the State Dept. would have come back weeks later and voluntarily disclose that they lied about the protests? The facts don't just come out if somebody is hiding them.

If people didn't keep this debate alive, the debate would be over the First Amendment and people's rights to post videos some religions may find offensive.

I never said the facts shouldn't come out, but they haven't yet. I'm tired of the constant drum beat that these "scandals" are an indictment on the entire administration, and the partisan, mostly subjective witch-hunt which has resulted, both in congress and here on ATS. Nothing has come out to be proven fact that warrants even a tenth of the outrage that has been shown about all these "scandals".

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The thing is is that the entire political spectrum is corrupt across the board. Hopefully this will bring to light how our elected officials have usurped their offices for political and monetary profit at the cost of not just us, but the entire globe.

The info will come out, and the scandals will be revealed, at least the ones here in the U.S.. Have a gander at the visitor logs to the W.H., and you'll see just who visited the Prez the day before the political targeting campaign transpired. Start with Colleen Kelley.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Daedal because: spelling

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The Benghazi emails have been shown to have been edited by someone in the Republican house.

No they haven't! The emails you're referring don't even exist! That's just a false story that's being pushed by the White House, and their loyal "subjects".

I think there are many bigger issues facing this nation, and instead of raging about why a Marine was holding an umbrella for the president

I wasn't aware that Congress was "raging about why a Marine was holding an umbrella for the president". I'd like to see the source that you're basing that claim on. That said, I am a little disturbed by our President reducing the status of two Marines to that of nothing more than house servants.

congress should be focusing on fixing the issues that are facing this country.

I agree! Unfortunately, we don't have a President that is willing to focus "on fixing the issues" within the Congress. Instead, he persists in his efforts to keep our Representatives and Senators at war with one another.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 20-5-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I sort of agree, to a point they are irrelevant.

I'm surprised that you didn't agree unconditionally!

The manufactured Benghazi scandal is falling apart, the GOP is backing off it big time and talking up the IRS scandal, which to be honest is an issue but not a one sided one... all 501(c)'s and charities came under scrutiny, not just Tea Party or anti-tax groups.

I'd like to see sources that support the claims you made in that comment. I don't expect any though.

So we're left with the legitimate one, the AP scandal which while disgusting IMO... is perfectly legal under our post 9/11 laws and that absolutely should be being talked about, we need to free our press again.

Governmental abuse of power has never been legal in this country. I'll reserve my judgement on the legality of the above issue until more information becomes available.

All of this was plan B for the GOP since their facelift face planted, now before anyone gets all mad... there's no doubt in my mind that were this a republican president and democratic house we would see much of the same silliness. This is the state of politics we allow.

That "state of politics" is only allowed by those that think of it as "silliness" or being irrelevant.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by flobot

When you don't have facts...you use repetition.

If it is said enough, people will start to think it is true, regardless of facts.

Yep! Sadly enough, that's true. That's what got Mr. Obama into the White House, and that's what is keeping him there.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Maybe nobody can remember the facts?

That seems to be what is going on here.

I don't think that quite fits. I feel it's more like willful ignorance. That's why those that support the current administration dismiss questions regarding Mr. Obama's performance (?) as being irrelevant.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
There are several threads on each "scandal", then there are several threads that group all the "scandals" together for perusal... and so we need another one?
Will there be a new "scandal" thread every day that there isn't a new "scandal"?

You say it's their opinion that these scandals are irrelevant. It's also just an opinion that they ARE.

Lol I think you meant "aren't"

'Cause you just repeated yourself

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join