It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the current White House scandals? Irrelevant!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
There are several threads on each "scandal", then there are several threads that group all the "scandals" together for perusal... and so we need another one?
Will there be a new "scandal" thread every day that there isn't a new "scandal"?

You say it's their opinion that these scandals are irrelevant. It's also just an opinion that they ARE.

When you don't have facts...you use repetition.

If it is said enough, people will start to think it is true, regardless of facts.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by flobot

There are several threads on each "scandal", then there are several threads that group all the "scandals" together for perusal... and so we need another one?
Will there be a new "scandal" thread every day that there isn't a new "scandal"?

You say it's their opinion that these scandals are irrelevant. It's also just an opinion that they ARE.

If it is said enough, people will start to think it is true, regardless of facts.

You left out one possibility...

Maybe nobody can remember the facts?

That seems to be what is going on here.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Actually it was the Boston bombers, they were to take away from the Benghazi scandal, so the Benghazi scandal was to take away from now the IRS scandal that was suppouse to take away from the EPA scandal that was suppouse to take from the Phone tagging scandal, unless we are to get in the next weeks a total collapse of the markets I don't see what could be in hidden anymore.

Oh, yeah I forgot the immigration bill.

edit on 19-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by flobot

You do realize...the "crazy right wingers" are simply demanding investigation to GET those facts, right? It's the mere suggestion of investigation which isn't controlled and run by the very people BEING investigated which is being ridiculed and shot down so fast, someone missed their calling as an A.A. Gunner.

If investigations show the sworn testimony given thus far to be false? Prosecute them for lying. If it shows all smoke and no fire? Obama will come out STRONGER by having been vindicated...not weaker in being proven innocent.

Unless there IS a hell of a lot to hide, the White House ought to be on the side of pushing for full accountability. God knows they couldn't shut up about it when running for Office in 2008 and again in 2012. Accountability..Transparency...Honesty and Integrity. All terms we've heard them use. All terms that seem oddly missing from any defense now. Funny how conditional those beliefs become?

link   
The GOP has long had a tradition of trying to use impeachment to remove a democrat from office. See Carter. See Clinton. See Obama. Its their standard tactic, and it should not necessarily be applauded, anymore than the dems should be applauded for using certain rights groups as political pawns.

That said:
This administration is in deep doodoo. The fact of the matter is, impeachment hearings could legitimately be forthcoming. This admin has a lot to answer for, and Im not sure they have any answers.

None of this is irrelevant. If the average american would pay more attention day to do, instead of simply waiting for the media to spoonfeed them topics, none of the last 6 (at least) presidents would be considered anything but cowards and traitors.
edit on 19-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Kali74
The manufactured Benghazi scandal is falling apart, the GOP is backing off it big time and talking up the IRS scandal, .

Benghazi isn't a 'manufactured scandal'. SOMEONE gave the 'stand down' order and our people were left to die in the field. Then it was covered up by the Obama administration trying to blame a stupid online video. That's a scandal and it's not 'falling apart'. You are just hearing less about it because Obama keeps pumping out scandal after scandal and there aren't enough hours in the day to be able to get to talk about them all.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I still think that all these (White House scandals) are distractions from something else. The question is...what?

or it's just a simple case of someone being elected who shouldn't have been.
A typical politician who lies and cheats and uses Chicago style thuggery to
further his personal agenda and to cover his own incompetence.

Could be either ... or both ....

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Obama is not inocent of anything, he kenw exactly what was going on under his own roof, I mean if he comes out that he had no part in any of the scandals, what that tells the people? that the boss have not control of his own hosue?.

He will go into history as an incompetent president.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I guess the bottom line to everything that is being said about Obama and the Scandals is WE The American People are Irrelevant. As long as they come out smelling like roses who cares about the real American People that work hard every day and have to be held accountable for our own actions no matter what we do.

IMPEACH HIM NOW,THEN JOE BIDEN oh crap that leaves us with the Bone Head Bainer
edit on 19-5-2013 by 19KTankCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Obama is not inocent of anything, he kenw exactly what was going on under his own roof, I mean if he comes out that he had no part in any of the scandals, what that tells the people? that the boss have not control of his own hosue?.

He will go into history as an incompetent president.

It depends what your definition of "as" is?

Sorry, cheap shot from the 90's.

Couldn't resist...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

That's ok, with the state of affairs in our nation anything can go this days.

edit on 19-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
In regards to the President they have also far proved to be irrelevent. Scandals occure during under every President, Obama has just been lucky up until recently. The Goverment is massive so of course things happen. Most of the time a President will take some heat but, unless they are directly connected, which is rare since most Presidents do not have time to micro manage, they simply fade away as those involved are dealt with. All the Bengazi hearings have come off as politcal because nothing relevent has come to light and yet they keep rehashing it over and over. Of course that is more about Mrs Clinton and 2016 then it is the President. The AP thing is part of an investigation on the leaking of classified info some thing most Americans seem to be ok with possibly going overboard on. And again no Obama involvement. The IRS one was the one I thought could be a problem. However as it has turned out no Obama involvement again and while the IRS went after Tea Party groups they did not go after larger more influential pro GOP groups that were a threat in election. They focused on groups who are anti tax, and for the IRS that makes sense. They should have been more aware on how it would look with a Dem in office though. The fact these "scandals" have had no effect on the Presidents polling is telling. The end of the wars and an economy on the move is far more important to the American public. Reagan and Clinton walked through far worse scandals like nothing for the same reasons.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

How many areas of the U.S. Federal Government can go off the rails and into areas the law and basic decency says is too far ...before we look toward the top, to the man charged with leading and setting the tone for all others to follow below him..and say 'HEY! What's the deal and where's the beef?!'

I see some fine looking buns. The right ingredients...perfect shape and nutritional numbers...all anyone could ever want or ask for, in forming the world's perfect burger. They have appearances down so well, they need to teach Hollywood...not have them over at White House Parties every other week to throw A-List bashes.

What I don't find is..well...anything between the buns. Where IS the beef? I'm finding something of substance there, but it doesn't smell like beef and it doesn't look like beef. Really, what lies beneath the buns of this Executive Branch seems to be what Beef becomes before it's final trip to the water treatment plant.

The "Everyone is to blame.....so no one is to blame" is a concept first seen in my life ..under THIS President. It's now become so ingrained as a response and reaction, it's almost cultural and in such a short time. Well... Screw that. If EVERYONE is to blame, let's have NAMES of "everyone" and start seeing them serve some time!

.......or can we all just use the "Doh! I didn't know! Really!" the next time a tax accountant pulls a brain fart? The IRS was never impressed with my logic...why should I be with theirs?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If this is to be true all those scandals have proven something alright:

That the White House is irrelevant after all that is why we have a White House right?

To 'Run the country' turns out it doesn't.

So what way do people want to have it?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by flobot

BINGO!

It doesn't matter if anything sticks. The point is to subconsciously link the words "scandal" and "-gate" to the name Obama.

Oldest character assassination technique in the book. Guess what? It works because people are too busy dealing with the realities of the world to fact check themselves or follow up on the lies..

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Kali74
The manufactured Benghazi scandal is falling apart, the GOP is backing off it big time and talking up the IRS scandal, .

Benghazi isn't a 'manufactured scandal'. SOMEONE gave the 'stand down' order and our people were left to die in the field. Then it was covered up by the Obama administration trying to blame a stupid online video. That's a scandal and it's not 'falling apart'. You are just hearing less about it because Obama keeps pumping out scandal after scandal and there aren't enough hours in the day to be able to get to talk about them all.

So we're supposed to believe that the GOP is backing off Benghazi because there's other scandals to talk about? The scandal they intended to use to impeach Obama? Okay. Funny how the GOP itself backed off the 'stand down order' after their 'key witness' testified that he requested 4 Special Forces troops be sent from Tripoli to come help, but that SOCA not Obama, denied the request in order to keep the Tripoli Embassy safe.

Then the talking points emails were leaked to ABC and they jumped all over that... only it turns out that the emails the GOP leaked were altered by someone within the GOP and don't match the emails the White House submitted to Congress.

So yes, the manufactured scandal is falling apart.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The only thing irrelevant is the right, as proven by the last election. All these supposed scandals are being overblown..by..guess who.

The only ones who care about these irrelevant scandals are the right...because they are doing their best to keep in the public's eye. They believe the more they scream and shout..wave their arms and failing to mention they are stretching the truth or leaving out facts...and such, the public may take notice and think they are for us. Wrong idea guys...once the public hears what they have to say....the public will say "OMG..these idiots again..thought they were gone"

Dare not mention that Bush was worse...for they will point out ..he is not president now...so he should get a pass on his past digressions. In fact all right wing presidents are not relevant to this current president...and they should get a pass..why..because they are not the current president. yet they love to mention Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton..why...because they are left wing presidents...hypocrisy..yes...do they care..no.

Once the older folks of America are gone...I believe America may become a great place. The older folks love to stay in the past and dare not look into the future. They love their old archaic document...and believe it does not need amendment..oh wait..the only time they want amendments is when it concerns immigrants..(aka brown people..not the white ones..
). There you go..I believe this will all come back and bite the right in the a**..so keep screaming and pointing out overblown bit points. Keep faux crying about four dead Americans...and shed no tears for the thousands of dead American soldiers.because they don't matter, why.because they cannot be used politically to attack Obama.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
Illegal guns sent to Mexico to kill US Agents and civilians......irrelevant.

Big Banks who launder money for terrorists AND criminal cartels (see: Mexico).... irrelevant.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Incredible, after reading your post I agree you are very young, indeed.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
There are two major points about Benghazi that still need to be cleared up.

First is how come the State Dept. kept on with the lie about the video that initiated a protest that led to the attack.

No Protest Before Attack, Wounded Lybian Guard Says

This article was posted 9/13/2012 just two days after the attack, yet the State Dept, with access to the most powerful intel in the world, continuted to call this a protest over an internet video more than a week after this article was written. My ATS search skills fail me right now but I recall a thread where some good internet detectives had discvered that the photos/video of the protest were ripped from an event in Saudia Arabia that had previously aired in 2004, several days before they retracted the protest story. If Obama knew the info they were perpetrating was false than that is impeachable in my opinion.

Second is why there was no help sent? It may have been too late to save the lives of the Americans but somebdy should have been on the way. How could you be positive that they would be dead before you could get somebody there, even if it took 36 hours? Somebody turned their backs on these guys when no help was sent and even an order to 'stand down' issued by somebody.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join