It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the current White House scandals? Irrelevant!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
So says one of Obama's aides, in the rush to cover Sunday morning talk shows. Irrelevant this and Irrelevant that. You'd think the mere idea of questioning the President or any of his agencies was, itself, irrelevant and not to be given time or thought. Lets see what all is irrelevant?

Obama Aide: 'Irrelevant' Who Edited Benghazi Talking Points

Pfeiffer on IRS Scandal: 'Law Is Irrelevant'

Obama Aide: 'Irrelevant Fact' Where President Was During Benghazi Attacks

I believe the only truly irrelevant thing I see here are his own opinions...when taken with his fanatic and blind loyalty to his Boss. I expect lemmings to leap from cliffs as a group, but actually seeing it while they try and sell others on what makes it a good idea..is breathtaking.

+5 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
There are several threads on each "scandal", then there are several threads that group all the "scandals" together for perusal... and so we need another one?
Will there be a new "scandal" thread every day that there isn't a new "scandal"?

You say it's their opinion that these scandals are irrelevant. It's also just an opinion that they ARE.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm not saying they are irrelevant, no president should ever go unquestioned. But the way the GOP are going after every single thing like a pack of wolves just screams of politicizing to me. The Benghazi emails have been shown to have been edited by someone in the Republican house.

I think there are many bigger issues facing this nation, and instead of raging about why a Marine was holding an umbrella for the president, congress should be focusing on fixing the issues that are facing this country.

+4 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
forgot this one...
birth certifcate requirement for potus - irrelevent!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wishful Thinking...

His agenda is over at the very least.

I can't believe how the punk (Mr.Miller) acted in front of the Senate.

I would of stopped the hearing and read him his rights.

Because by chance, if he is charged at least he has rights.

Unlike the poor people hammered by multiple Agencies.

I wondered what happened to the "Tea Party".

They were denied their "rights" and they had the whole weight of the Federal Government coming down on them.

When they are hitting you from all sides you will quickly back off.

Or have we lost the right to assemble peacefully?

+10 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Illegal guns sent to Mexico to kill US Agents and civilians......irrelevant.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Also if his opinion is irrelevant why take the time to create a thread about it?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It is irrelevant if the media takes it as irrelevant after all it is the media the ones that force the issues into the hypnotized TV citizens and makes a circus depending the agenda of the moment.

Right now the media is making it "Relevant" I wonder why.

In my personal Opinion this needs to be in the media circus and made into a big issue so the blinds of many Americans in the nation can come off finally and realized that the so call Government system that has been drilled to us as the best thing in the world and after apple pie is nothing but the most corrupted entity in the world".

For decades the Government system has been out of control, who would say that the crocks running the nation learned to be more corrupted and hide it well.

After Watergate things did not got better, the crocks learn to work better.

Sadly this is not about Obama even when he like his predecessors just took advantage of a good opportunity that was there for the taking, too bad he could not hide the scandals like others before him did and got caught in the heat

But that scandals has been going on before him in the white house is definitely true and anybody thinking that this is just an isolated case of Obama is just a fool.

The government has gotten soo big that is out of control, congress is nothing but a recycle trash of politicians in the pockets of big interest, the Presidents are nothing but groomed puppets and the justice system has lost credibility.

Our nation is nothing right now but a sack of corrupted crap and we the Citizens do not control anything anymore.

If this opportunity exposing the corruption in the nations political system do not wake up the masses then as usual the crocks will design laws and bills to make sure that we never will.
edit on 19-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I sort of agree, to a point they are irrelevant. The manufactured Benghazi scandal is falling apart, the GOP is backing off it big time and talking up the IRS scandal, which to be honest is an issue but not a one sided one... all 501(c)'s and charities came under scrutiny, not just Tea Party or anti-tax groups. The umbrella scandal is laughable.

So we're left with the legitimate one, the AP scandal which while disgusting IMO... is perfectly legal under our post 9/11 laws and that absolutely should be being talked about, we need to free our press again.

In the mean time we're not talking about the economy or the next bubble that's about to pop which is student loans, we're not talking about drones which was a legit hot topic that's been left unresolved, we're not talking about the recent beyond normal even for summer gas price spike, or the fact that normally all our corn has been planted by now but so far only 20ish percent has been. There's about a million 'uh-oh' things we need to be talking about. There's a few good things that are on the table, not being discussed as well that will just float of off into obscurity before the ever come up for vote.

All of this was plan B for the GOP since their facelift face planted, now before anyone gets all mad... there's no doubt in my mind that were this a republican president and democratic house we would see much of the same silliness. This is the state of politics we allow.

+8 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
There are several threads on each "scandal", then there are several threads that group all the "scandals" together for perusal... and so we need another one?
Will there be a new "scandal" thread every day that there isn't a new "scandal"?

You say it's their opinion that these scandals are irrelevant. It's also just an opinion that they ARE.

Yes, we do need another thread about it...as much as ANY attention spent on this topic does tend to burn the buns on the Obama supporters to NO end. So be it...and not every thread on ATS needs opened and replied to, as if by requirement or something.

In point of fact, each individual scandal does, by itself, constitute a great issue to investigate and get to the bottom of. In the IRS scandal, it's one the White House and IRS itself chose the timing and moment to spring on the public and release into the wild. We learned almost immediately after that a watch dog group had planned a major report that covered much of the same for 1 week later...so timing was far from 'well intentioned' ..but still.

It's the totality and combined scene the scandals, taken together, have come to form. In this case, it's the same aid, using the same excuse in the same way to 'brush off' each scandal in turn...which makes a worthy mention and share. Sunday Morning talk circuits are always where politicians get their licks in for the week before or to prepare the tone and talking points for the week to come. It's a critical period for that glimpse into thinking, or at least, what will likely BE the thinking across the next 5 day news cycle.

In this case? I believe we can see the thinking and approach is "The scandals aren't important because they just don't matter.....they are irrelevant'. Such a point does, as a matter of fact, deserve it's own thread.

Thanks for asking and taking notice.

edit on 19-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The excuses are irrelevant. The opinions of all, irrelevant.

The only relevant thing is who was in charge when these events unfolded.

Who was leading this administration when Fast & Furious erupted?

Who was leading this administration when Solyndra collapsed?

Who was leading this administration when food stamp usage broke records?

Who was leading this administration when Benghazi got 2 stand down orders?

Who was leading this administration when the IRS started targeting political adversaries?

Who was leading this administration when the EPA used political favoritism to determine policy?

Who was leading this administration when the AP was wiretapped?

Who was leading this administration?

That is the only relevant item to consider.

Also please consider this; if, ifififififif Obama didn't know anything about any of the pathetic corruption, then how frigging clueless is he? How pathetic that he doesn't have the ability to lead and make decisions and lets others do that for him.
How pathetic is he?

Is he a slimy crook or a pathetic loser who can't lead?

THAT is relevant!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Sadly government corruption, it doesn't under which administration is very much relevant and we the people have the right to know about it, because that corruption is the one running the nation and making the laws that we have to abide by, regardless of what we think.

It doesn't sit well with me that corruption is telling me what to do by law It ain't right, and if is under Obama that administration that the crap got out so beat it.

A government by the people and for the people.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I agree this is a big issue regardless of who clown is in the White house and a big issue that needs to be addressed over and over again until the eyes of the citizens open up and stop trusting the corruption we call political parties and government system.

Crocks are running the nation people needs to get it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

With all those who's, I might think you're an Owl in a very high quality Rabbit suit. (checks casually for a zipper)

You do sum it up well though and of course, the scandals which this aid is out declaring 'irrelevant' are but a few of many which have never, in any case, been fully explained or accounted for. It's just dumping one to move on to the next and each, in turn. Now we have quite a list accumulated which may contain the end of a career ...or it may contain little but smoke with no fire. The fact we don't know and it concerns the single most Powerful man on Earth, ought to be everyone's concern.

If the cold murder of 4 Americans, calling for help for months ...let alone that night, can be brushed aside for concerns being "manufactured" and :"irrelevant"? Any one of us...ANY of us...could just as easily join the 'recently departed' and expect absolutely no more concern or desire to investigate than a full rank Ambassador has received.

.....and the IRS.... and the AP phone/Mail/communications tapping and violations ... and and and. Maybe we need to go back and take the "unfinished" out of some of the scandals before making even more new ones? lol
edit on 19-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I really do hope the President had nothing to do with it.

I have always been a Independent.

So quit telling us our guy did it too.

"Our Guy" has never even had a fair chance to do anything.

Can anybody be responsible for anything anymore?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I like eating at restaurants.

If I go to a certain place to eat and order something off the menu and it turns out bad I would blame the chef. Not the owner of the restaurant.

But if I continue to order different meals, and each one is poorly made, then I have to stop looking at the chef, server, assistant chef, salad chef, sous chef, etc.

I have to look at the one person who dictates what is being done and how it is being done. I have to look at the person running the restaurant.

To ask me to continue eating there just because of all the poor meals I received are "irrelevant", is arrogant and absolutely delusional.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I still think that all these (White House scandals) are distractions from something else. The question is...what?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I still think that all these (White House scandals) are distractions from something else. The question is...what?

I have the same powerful feeling..and the same sinking sense of wonder. If this is what we're supposed to see ..what, pray tell, is supposed to be hidden and beyond easy notice?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It does seem to me after everything that has happened with this administration at the helm, that there is serious corruption endemic in the corrupt Chicago political group come to DC.

And if Obama truly didn't know anything about all these scandals, then he is IRRELEVANT and shouldn't be leading the country.

I just love to see the apologists coming up with any excuse the can to say these scandals are irrelevant or contrived by others. If it was one or two things, I may give them some room. But at this point the whole corrupt system is falling apart under the light.

If this was coming out with Bush in the Whitewash House, well I think we all know how raucous the left and media would be. But, since it is their God falling apart, it must be IRRELEVANT.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I have the same powerful feeling..and the same sinking sense of wonder. If this is what we're supposed to see ..what, pray tell, is supposed to be hidden and beyond easy notice?

I think many, many of us have "the same powerful feeling"...I am thinking too what is being hidden; or at least is not being talked about much; what exactly is being shoved under the carpet. I think there is a (big something) that is not being told to us.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join