It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government attacking it's public.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
For some years the British people have had bank money removed in the way of interest on savings, about 6 years ago you could get 12% interest on your hard earned savings, now it is just half of 1 %, the people who got in dept by buying cars and houses they could not pay for are helped by having hardly any preasure on them to pay back money. The Government are now going to force Tax payers to help buy homes costing up to £600,000 for rich people, yet still hitting savers, the inflation rate now in the UK is at 54% if you count the things we use like food, water, gas, electric clothes,(gov dont include those items now) then the sick, unemployed, the pensioners are told that for 5 years increases wont be more than 1% per year on benefits, yet today David Cameron has given £20,000 wage increase to every MP in the UK.
How come the public are not striking or going on a riot like Iraq, Iran, Turkey would? we just sit back and take the government attacks on us, I think we should change our ways and soon.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
How come the public are not striking or going on a riot like Iraq, Iran, Turkey would?

Because they think it's everyone else's problem so they expect others to act first.

...we just sit back and take the government attacks on us, I think we should change our ways and soon.

Or start threads about it on conspiracy sites.

Be the change you want or accept what you don't like without complaining.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

BECAUSE THEY AIN;T ALLOWED GUNS.so goverment doesn't fear them.

+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33

BS the politicians in the USA are craping over your constitution and i dont see anyone doing anything?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Wait till people start getting murdered by the US government on a larger scale and once people don't care about consequences anymore, they will start shooting officials on site.. Hunting them down even.. I am not saying it would be a good thing, because it definitely is not...

This is why they are trying to move towards gun confiscation here now.. Government wants to end freedoms and the constitution, and all that is stopping them are the guns people have now. They are afraid of being targeted and hunted down after they really pull the plug out of the constitution..

Same thing with courthouses installing metal detectors AFTER they change laws in order to get way more traffic convictions to make money. Just on a much grander scale with the corrupt Federal Gov.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

For some years the British people have had bank money removed in the way of interest on savings, about 6 years ago you could get 12% interest on your hard earned savings, now it is just half of 1 %,

It's immoral to save money.

Those pieces of paper you use to make transactions is called "currency" for a reason.

It's supposed to "flow".

When people just put their money into the bank, it doesn't flow. That means it doesn't get to enter other people's pockets, and the economy comes to a halt.

If everybody held on to all their cash, and nobody spent anything, then the whole financial system would collapse.

Money does no good in the bank.

The moral and right thing to do, is spend your money. So, other people have a chance to get some of it into their pockets, so that they can spend it too.

When money starts moving, the blood flows through the arteries of the economy, and the economy becomes healthy, being nourished by the flow of the necessary life blood.

Because so many people have been saving up their cash, the world has reached the brink of economic collapse. To solve this problem, the interest rates have been lowered, and lowered, again and again, to try to discourage the saving, and to get that money moving again.

It still isn't working, because people have become used to saving, and by habit, they still keep putting their cash into the bank.

So, now the banks are considering paying a negative interest rate on deposits. That's right. Soon, you'll have to pay the bank to take your money. It's already happened with the US Treasury Bills, time and again, as people rushed to find somewhere "safe" to store their money. T-Bills actually pay negative interest, from time to time.

We've also seen banks taking a cut out of the depositor funds to keep themselves solvent. That haircut, is a negative interest rate once again.

The trend is clear, all interest rates are going to be negative numbers in the future. People want to save their money more than the banks want to take their money. There are too many investors today. Not enough spenders.

The people who want to spend money, don't have the cash to spend. And the people who have the cash to spend, aren't spending, they are busy saving.

So there's a huge divide.

Money needs to move from the pockets of the savers, into the pockets of the spenders, so that it can once again flow around the economy.

That's why interest rates are so low, and are going negative.

Too much cash in the wrong hands.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

How come the public are not striking or going on a riot like Iraq, Iran, Turkey would?

Because they think it's everyone else's problem so they expect others to act first.

This, hit the nail on the head. Everyone always expects someone else to start something.
The British people have no fight left in them anymore.

And the government knows that.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

You hit the nail on the head mate, the British have been killed, left hungry and cold on our streets in our home sunder Blair & Cameron, and to be honest the British can see we are a Muslim country now, whites are out of ALL UK Towns & Citys and we have been pushed into lower class area's of UK so Muslims are able to take the bigger better class of homes built in the 50s, the Government are running scared of Muslims now, they are even bringing age of sex consent from 18 to 13 years old soon to allow Muslims to take the girls without being locked up for doing them.
All in all Muslims score 10, white born English score 2 the last 10 years since we opened our doors to them, if any contry in the world has Muslims who have killed or raped they are welcome here Cameron said, OMG were doomed.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Removing my post due to inaccuracy.
edit on 20-5-2013 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Yes, there is a very old saying " money is like muck (fertiliser) no good unless its spread around" cannot remember who said that, but I think its true.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
As far as the issue you bring up about saving's.....to be perfectly honest, in today's climate I would consider myself fortunate to be able to meet my weekly outgoing's and also be in a position to save....with or without the interest!

I can't see how as a country we would pull together in any sort of display of contempt against the government be it protest's or riot's etc......because this government as done a good job at dividing it's people against each other!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33

This thinking hasn't helped the people in the states to be fair.
2nd A is there, they don't use it. And they are getting shafted harder than us Brits.
I see what you are saying, but Guns or no Guns...Same result.

Sheeple

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I agree with the almost everything you said, however......

.........yet today David Cameron has given £20,000 wage increase to every MP in the UK.

As odious that I find Cameron as a person and no matter how much I disagree with his policies and where he is dragging this country this is slightly misleading.....Cameron personally didn't grant MP's a massive wage increase, MP's of ALL political party's voted for it.

Show me another job where people vote on their own income?

This is at the same time this government is enforcing what can only be described as punitive 'austerity' cuts on the rest of the nation.

Politicians are employed by the electorate - as such it should be the electorate that decides's their income.

Why don't people do something about it?

Many reasons, and yes one of them is because everyone thinks it's someone else's responsibility but also because they are brow-beaten into accepting thereis no other alternative other than accepting what politicians dictate.

Hopefully if we have a hot summer, or even a summer, people will get a bit 'hot under the collar'.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

You hit the nail on the head mate, the British have been killed, left hungry and cold on our streets in our home sunder Blair & Cameron

What?
And life was all hunky dory and tickety boo under Major and Thatcher?
If you believe that you must have been living in a different UK to that which I did.

be honest the British can see we are a Muslim country now,

Yes, we have some problems with some Muslims in some parts of the country but are you really saying that 4% of the population is the cause of all this nation's woes and problems?

whites are out of ALL UK Towns & Citys

110,000 people live in the town that I live in, less a thousand of them are Muslim, 0.9%.

It's more or less the same in most places here in the North East.

.....they are even bringing the age of sex consent from 18 to 13 years old soon to allow Muslims to take the girls without being locked up for doing them.

Absolute bollocks.

For a start the age of consent is currently 16.
And show me one single piece of evidence that suggests this is true regardless of the source's credibility.

....if any contry in the world has Muslims who have killed or raped they are welcome here Cameron said,

Again, complete bollocks.
I despise Cameron, but please show me where he actually said or even implied that.

OMG were doomed.

We certainly have problems but whether we are doomed or not is debatable.

No wonder foreigners have such a twisted impression of the UK when people post such utter and complete tripe and nonsense about the UK.
edit on 20/5/13 by Freeborn because: fix quote

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

12 responses to your original post and not one of them has asked for a link, or evidence for what you claim, or even brought up the fact that this supposed MP pay increase today is not being reported by anyone, anywhere...

Why are people here so damned lazy!?

There are reports that pay rises are being discussed, no one in government has been given a £20k pay rise today. John Bercow has mentioned pay rises and this made it to a lot of the press yesterday.

Guardian

Telegraph

The Mirror seems to be plucking figures out of the ether and coming up with £20k while all others are reporting £10k as a "suggested" raise. But this would also be while removing their pensions.

Mirror

So, while I am damned angry about the money these people are making for doing a lousy job, taking incredible holidays, and getting everything paid for them too, this story seems to be pre-emptive and not accurate, and people here are just stupidly trusting what someone is telling them without looking to see if it's true!

I think the people should be enraged and rioting in the streets over what these people are paid already! But that doesn't change the fact that this thread is false, the OP has started it on a fiction.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Inflation is at 54%?

No it isnt, even the consumer price index is a little over 3.5%.

IF inflation was 54% with as little money there is in the economy right now most cities would be up in flames.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

Money does no good in the bank.

Is that why the most wealthy in our society do nothing but accrue more and more money to add to the already obscene amounts that they have and then do absolutely nothing with it other than store it in banks?

The sum total of the amounts of savings of all the ordinary, everyday people in this country pales into insignificance in relation to the amounts these people have.

Instead of punishing the little man we should be forcing these bankers / industrialists / elite's etc to spend and invest their wealth in the people of this country and it's infrastructure and manufacturing base.
edit on 20/5/13 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

For some years the British people have had bank money removed in the way of interest on savings, about 6 years ago you could get 12% interest on your hard earned savings, now it is just half of 1 %,

It's immoral to save money.

Those pieces of paper you use to make transactions is called "currency" for a reason.

It's supposed to "flow".

It's flowing alright mate, straight out of the pockets of the tax payer into the pocket of politicians, their mates, the wealthy, and the layabouts who won't work or want a free ride.

The harder you work the more you get squeezed and the less you have.

While I'm on this subject does you all know how much public transport costs these days?

My wife took our 2 kids (9 and 12) and my sons mate (9) 2 miles to football training and back and it cost over £12 on the bus! - that was on a Tuesday night!

The whole country is a big fat scandal.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

David Cameron has given £20,000 wage increase to every MP in the UK.

Don't forget, "We are all in it together".

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Petition against the Salary Increase's Here

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join