Most ATSers know of the property in Utah’s Uinta Basin where all sorts of strange paranormal things were reported as taking place – “Skinwalker
Ranch” in the 1990s.
But some may not be aware of the “Colorado UFO Ranch” in the Rocky Mountains where 2 decades earlier a similarly bizarre ‘paranormal theme
park’ seemed to exist? Cattle mutilations occurred, UFOs, ET humanoids and Bigfoot type creatures appeared. Then there were the strange messages
broadcast over stereo speakers, electrical power failures, and truly bizarre intrusions around the house.
An investigation was made by John S. Derr and R. Leo Sprinkle for an APRO (Aerial Phenomena Research Organization) report in 1978. The witness wished
to remain anonymous. Initially they said nothing, fearing they would be treated as crazy, but finally reported their experiences as the phenomenon
escalated. The story was covered in Timothy Good’s book “Alien Liaison”. The witnesses were a group of friends who pooled resources to purchase
and re-furbish the cattle ranch in the space of a few months in the mid-1970s.
There was ‘Jim’, a former USAF Security and Public Relations Officer,
‘John’ an executive for a large corporation and his wife ‘Barbara’ and three sons. There was also a former law enforcement officer who has
never been named (even with an alias) who talked about the events.
Almost as soon as the group had settled themselves into the ranch strange events began to occur.
They experienced a variety of unusual events:
1. A humming sound was often prevalent throughout the ranch house, although this noise could not be traced to the newly re-wired electrical system, or
any devices in the house. The humming sound seemed to follow a pattern of being heard during a wind storm and for an hour or so after a wind storm.
2. Noises were heard as if an intruder was walking around the outside of the ranch Sounds like someone opening a car door and beating on the walls and
doors of the house were heard.
3. Strange "Big Foot" like creatures were seen in the woods.
4. Multiple UFO sightings occurred. One including 9 glowing disks setting down near the pond, a light flash was observed by Jim and John from the
windows, simultaneously Barbara who was sitting on a couch experienced a "blow to the head” falling unconscious to the floor. She was fortunately
revived in less than a minute.
5. A large "circle" (approximately 75 feet in diameter) in a clearing would not support vegetation although by 1978 it seemed that grass and weeds
were growing again.
6. One morning Jim awoke, but was paralysed by something, and saw a tall, skinny creature wearing a helmet standing in the room by the glass door,
observing him. The creature appeared to have 3 tubes connected to the suit. He was able to scream and the creature disappeared.
7. Whilst neighbouring ranchers did not suffer electrical power outages the ranch would often be plunged into darkness without electricity.
8. During one of these electrical blackouts, all of the radio and stereo systems on the property appeared to broadcast a message saying, "You have
been allowed to remain. Do not cause us to take action which you will regret."
9. Around the time of UFO activities, a cow belonging to the ranch was found to have been mutilated.
10. A young bull, not belonging to the ranch was found with his head twisted back various organs had been removed with what appeared to be surgical
11. Jim spotted a landed disk in the woods, with two humanoids nearby. He and the
oldest son in the family saw what could only be described as a box (3 ft x 1.5 ft wide x 1.5 ft thick) emitting strange hums and other sounds whilst
multicoloured lights flashed on and off. Jim believes the humanoids were expecting him and was told by one of “humanoids” not to go near the
"box”. Then a Big Foot like creature was seen walking toward the box and suddenly fell to the ground. The humanoid said to Jim, "As you see, it can
They spoke to him in perfect English and told him that they were sorry for the inconvenience and disturbances on the ranch. They said that they
expected some changes to occur in the events which were happening at the ranch. However, after this encounter, both the strange events, and level of
tension increased for the residents of the ranch.
15. A fire began on the front porch of the ranch house, apparently started by electrical wiring in contact with paint buckets on the porch.
The residents eventually left the ranch due to the fear, stress and extreme weirdness they had encountered by 1978.
A local law enforcement officer was also interviewed about the odd happenings at the ranch. He stated that in 1975 there had been hundreds of cattle
mutilations reported to which he had been asked to investigate. The following year there were less than a hundred. By 1977 there were less than ten
reports. This he said was due to following a policy to not attend to these type of calls to reduce the number of official reports. Although he was
unsure if the directions had come from the government or were something more locally enforced.
The officer also recalled a number of UFO sightings whilst out on night patrol. Although he had not seen humanoids himself he did feel that all the
usual explanations of hallucinations, aircraft and military tests did not adequately explain what was going on in the area.
There is much, much more to this story which I am yet to read in full.
The full report and further reading here:
APRO Report 1
APRO Report 2
Cattle mutilations, UFOs, Bigfoot, strange poltergeist like activity and humanoids who appear to speak perfect English. What was going on?
Why do these areas seem to exist?
Are they portals to other dimensions?
Is there some kind of unknown entity or force that exists and has the ability to trick human minds?
Or is there a down to earth sceptical explanation?
edit on 19/5/13 by mirageman because: typos