It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you change ATS ? The mod free thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm inviting all mods to participate in this thread. You know why.
If you could make a change to ATS to express freely your opinion without fear of being 404'd.
What would it be ?

Just a thought

Cody

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

About the only thing I personally would change if I could, is to add an ignore button somewhere so you could block out people, but thats just me, and even if I had one, I probably wouldn't use it...much...

edit on 19-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: Very bad typoses *slaps fingers*

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
points deductions just for having a laugh to a thread

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by cody599

About the only thing I personally would change if I could, is to add an ignore button somewhere so you could block out people, but thats just me, and even if I had one, I probably wouldn't use it...much...

edit on 19-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: Very bad typoses *slaps fingers*

There used to be an ignore button. I kinda miss it.

I would bring back the U2U message you get whenever someone adds you as a friend. Those used to make my day.

And I would let each member have one applause they could award to anyone. One applause per week. Because sometimes a post is so epic and my puny star seems almost pitiful in reward.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by cody599

About the only thing I personally would change if I could, is to add an ignore button somewhere so you could block out people,

Kinda goes against the site motto of "Deny Ignorance".

Filtering the imput of members wouldn't allow us to see our world "warts 'n all" and consider things without blinkers.

I understand what you mean though, maybe have a "naughty table" page for those who are a pain in the ass. To leave the table they would have to obtain a certain amount of stars for good contributions to prove they are worthy.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I would make the new topics section bigger

I would make a no being mean rule

I would make a "praise cody" rule

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
points deductions just for having a laugh to a thread

You think that would matter seeing as points are worthless? I have nearly 160,000 of the damn things just sitting there waiting to be taken.

That's a lot of laughs I could afford.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I agree entirely with the note sent for Friend additions, not just Foe. If we have to have a note sent, telling people we think they're jerks....it only makes sense to drop a note when we think they're ones to follow in the future!

Also, I'd encourage the formation of a few new forums. Similar to RATS but without the narrow focus of topic. Forums where min. numbers for even seeing they exist are prerequisite though, in the same way as that ratty little place.

An area for the serious and sober discussion of events or topics that flat don't work in the romper rooms of open forums, more days than not. There aren't many...but for those which exist? I'd give anything for a spot with pure adult level discussion. A spot where long, researched and thought out posts were the norm and not the rare exception someone ridicules for "having wasted time" even trying.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I miss the trending page that showed how many were on a topic. It was pulled I think because too many people figured out how to keep their thread at the top by opening numerous TABS... too bad.

Interesting experiment that was.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I don't know if I would change anything.

I spent a few minutes trying to come up with some witty, snarky reply, but decided to just state this.

ATS provides a multitude of forums for me to express myself.

I don't require much of anything else.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
I'm inviting all mods to participate in this thread. You know why.
If you could make a change to ATS to express freely your opinion without fear of being 404'd.
What would it be ?

Just a thought

Cody

It would be GLP. No thank you.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I don't know if I would change anything.

I spent a few minutes trying to come up with some witty, snarky reply, but decided to just state this.

ATS provides a multitude of forums for me to express myself.

I don't require much of anything else.

I'm pretty much with you Beez....there really has been very few things I couldn't express here on ATS.......the only thing I can think of is how we could find a way to discuss "drugs" without "glorifying" them....because they are a Hugh part of the culture many of us grew up in........

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Cody, ATS is so good because a lot of things get 404ed.

Some things are better not seen by others...

I for one am glad that my 404ed thread met its fate.

Things aren't always as funny in the morning...

Drunken posting has been the downfall of many a fellow ATSer and is often forgiven by 404.

Plus, it's funny posting on a thread that you reckon is going to get 404ed.

Usually, the funnier something is, the more likely it is to get 404ed.

Thats preferable to having an embarrassing thread forever there for all to see and judge you by.

I like the civil dissagreements and intelligent conversations.

I learn a lot on ATS and allowing profanity or sexual content would degrade that experience.

I wondered what /b/ was yesterday and found 4chan random.

THAT was disturbing and once again I thanked webgod for ATS.

Tfw.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Kinda goes against the site motto of "Deny Ignorance". Filtering the imput of members wouldn't allow us to see our world "warts 'n all" and consider things without blinkers.
reply to post by nerbot

That is a good point.
I suppose if something is really bad, you could just pester a mod to take care of it if you can't do it for yourself. I just like the easy way out sometimes.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks for your comments so far

I just feel occasionally that ATS is a bit Sunday schoolish

I love the fact that swearing isn't tolerated even though I swear like a trooper in real life, and some topics should be open for discussion that are not allowed IMHO.

Like I said it was just a thought.

Cody

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Get rid of stars. It leads to group think and it's just people who think alike patting each other on the back. They have nothing to do with 'good posts'. Not really.

Get rid of 'karma'. No one cares about it anyways.

Get rid of the friends and foes list. It's silly IMHO.

Other than that ... it's running as best as we can expect .. considering the different mindsets that come here.

Side note - everyone should be glad that this isn't an 'echo chamber'.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Get rid of stars. It leads to group think and it's just people who think alike patting each other on the back. They have nothing to do with 'good posts'. Not really.

Get rid of 'karma'. No one cares about it anyways.

Get rid of the friends and foes list. It's silly IMHO.

Other than that ... it's running as best as we can expect .. considering the different mindsets that come here.

Side note - everyone should be glad that this isn't an 'echo chamber'.

Ok off topic on my own thread
Your avatar still haunts me, thanks for the info you gave me,

Truly an amazing painting, it lead me to so many more

Cody

edit on 19/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think the mods do a pretty good job on here. I think they air on the side of caution, which is totally understandable considering the content discussed on here. it can appear harsh at times, but the alternative would be worse in my opinion. I can't imagine ever wanting to be a mod. A pretty thankless task.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join