It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Fireballs with Same Heading Spotted Over U.S. in last 24 Hours

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Last night, I was at an outside bbq festival watching the band play when I saw a fireball streak across the sky in the southern sky. It was very bright and yellow, and shot across in an east to west direction before burning out.

This was in Southern Illinois around 9:30-10:00 pm.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well I think after that Russia meteor I bet there has been a lot more sightings cause it is in the spotlight.

But heck, nothing I can do about a meteor so if it comes, it comes.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I agree with other posters when they say, that because of our technology we are able to report these events and get them out to the world, it seems like their are more events. Also the fact that new technology is coming more of a common thing in the MSM we notice it more.

I also agree with others who think that this large piece of rock that is coming our way has alot of debree coming in the same time with it. And we will be seeing more of this in the future.

It's always a good idea to keep some extra water and supplies around. If your power were to go out for a short time in your area. For any reason.
edit on 19-5-2013 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEthicalSkeptic

Thank you.

I'm still learning earthquake data, so the skywatch thing will have to wait. I depend upon people like you.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I don't really think there is a conspiracy here, but more a long the line that there is something big on target for Earth soon. Nasa is watching out for something.

edit on 19-5-2013 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
Its all good till somebody loses an eyeball to one of these things

and a ricochet would be twice as bad....from me, to your eye.

ouch!(x2).

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Duck and say your prayers! That's what I did when two rather large meteors on two separate occasions came barreling over my head, both headed West South West. Sonic boom, sizzling, pops, crackles, and multitude of colored sparkles in its wake, too real and awe-inspiring. Didn't have camera phones or twitter back then, so no real way of proving and reporting thing like that. Peace, Xenongod

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
My thoughts would be that we are moving through some kind of debris field and that the trajectories are the same because the meteors are all crossing us at parallel vectors.

Good call JohnGrissom about the impact on the moon recently. Combined with the Russian meteor, that is reason to suspect that we may be seeing increased meteor activity.
edit on 20-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100
I'm scared

it nothing, u got nothing to worry about.

i used to believe things like this.
i believe when something like this happen, something big will follow.

but at the end.
there nothing at all.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I have a theory about why there may be an increase in fireballs that is rather more "down to earth" as it were...

I posted it in another related thread here: Increase in Fireball Sightings...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I actually got to see the meteor. It had to be the same one. I just filed a report at the website in the op. I was in cabot, arkansas at the time

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Thank you so much for posting this. Yes I saw this. Ran in the house to get witnesses. lol We all saw it on Saturday evening May 18 at about 8 PM or so. Sun was setting. Was hoping to see something on the local news at 10 PM but nothing. It was floating along, then flamed up like a flare, like a round fire ball. After a minute or so it seemed to drop straight down vertically. We all watched it. Then seemed to stop in mid fall and floated off horizontally to the west. I live in southern Indiana. At first we thought a helicopter was on fire.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komaratzi11
Last night, I was at an outside bbq festival watching the band play when I saw a fireball streak across the sky in the southern sky. It was very bright and yellow, and shot across in an east to west direction before burning out.

This was in Southern Illinois around 9:30-10:00 pm.

Hey neighbor I live in Evansville and saw this too on Saturday evening May 18. My kids and friends saw it as well. Was not sure of the exact time but was around sunset 9 pm or so maybe. thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by Signals

I'm in Western Kentucky and we could see one of the reported fireballs. It was one of the brightest ones I've ever seen. We had just finishing loading the trucks after our concert last night, and a bunch of us we standing around outside talking when it lt up the sky. It was so bright and intense that I told everyone to be real quiet because I thought we might even be able to hear it if it exploded. We could see it break apart, fade away, and the get brighter again. It was absolutely amazing.

Amazing so many see this in the same Neck of the Woods and the only news report is here on ATS.
Saw this in Evansville. Nothing about it on the local news.
edit on 20-5-2013 by kimsie because: need bifocals

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Last week, while at work i seen a fireball/meteor in Connecticut heading west around 20:45 (+ or - 10 mins).
It was really cool, I just happened to end my lunch early and while on patrol I looked up and caught it just in time.
I know it's not the last 24 hours, but what the heck, figured I share.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Are we doomed again? End of the world party-yeah! Seriously, I'm jealous, you guys are lucky. I've had a lifetime interest in astronomy, and am always looking at the sky. I've seen some nice meteor showers, although I have to get out of the city, but have never seen a fireball, and my wife's seen one too. I don't know whether to mope, pout, or just go feel sorry for myself. No, wait-End of the world party-yeah!
edit on 5/20/13 by dontaskmeimfrommars because: left a sentence out

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

4 of us here in Kentucky witnessed a green fireball meteor Saturday evening from my patio.
Pretty Awesome sight!
It was to our south-west, about 20 -25 degrees above the horizon, heading from the south to the west or northwest direction.

Looked like a firework with a bright green corona and illuminated smoke trail.

I have seen a lot of meteors, but this one was the best by far!

edit on 20-5-2013 by stayhuman011 because: typo

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I know we have thousands of manmade satellites up there and they must have a lifespan before their orbits deteriorate and they come back down. Add in that there's a lot of debris from satellites crashing into each other and every day the debris cloud increases. How many of these incoming fireballs are something we sent up there and not the universe out to get us?

On the other hand, if you want to know what the governments may be worried out of their minds about, read the Paul LaViolette material. Easy to find here on ATS and he has his own site also. His credentials and education are impeccable but the physics is so far over my head I can only read and be amazed; no way to know if he's crazy or right on the money. Things aren't looking good for next year...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
Its all good till somebody loses an eyeball to one of these things

To funny!

It may just be people are actually starting to look up to the skies these days and with the advent of the digital age I think we'll see more pics of fireballs, meteorites, space debris, and UFO's too.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I feel guilty cause that was a dumb one liner and I do enjoy the subject of meteors...I think that events like these and the recent one in Russia may do something to help spur public spending on space exploration so that even if a fair amount of damage where to be done it may in the long run prove to be a good thing unless of course its a knock out blow

L

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join