It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Fireballs with Same Heading Spotted Over U.S. in last 24 Hours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
I totally understand how people are trying to explain these events away, but to my mind there are presently simply too many in quick succession to dismiss it as normal.

I hold certain beliefs about the nature and origin of our local stellar environment which lead me to err on the side of caution and thus prepare myself to expect the unexpected as the months and years progress.

Watch for the signs of the Age - in all spheres & realms of activity.

You got it right on there mate! TPTB know exactly what's coming in - they want us to think it's all 'normal' they want us to think this right up until the end so they keep squeezing all the money out of us so they can keep building their bunkers right up till the end - they know that the time is upon us!!!! (that big one never went away - you know the one that it's forbidden to mention - starts with 'N' sometimes X.

Now I wonder why this isn't splashed all over MSN
- Oh yes, it's all perfectly normal - so funny
Yet in my old and wrinkly years I've never known such events like the planet is now suffering - yes it's all 'normal' - sinkholes, uptick in severity of earthquakes, the awakening of volcanoes, tornadoes, snow out of season and in the wrong country yes, it's all perfectly normal ------- I wonder why Governments/corperations aren't investing any more, I wonder why western countries Europe and USA aren't producing any more and knowingly crashing the economy - why the total lack of interest in ordinary folks well being????

Yes folks 'ALL PERFECTLY NORMAL' oh and by the way - you all caused it all with your great big dirty carbon footprints and your cows farting because there are far too many of you naughty slaves ......... YES MASTER....

Oh yes and I forgot about this one - good viewing while your having breakfast at Tifanys - all perfectly normal for Fukushima - no this ongoing massive calamity is normal too

edit on 19-5-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I'm in Western Kentucky and we could see one of the reported fireballs. It was one of the brightest ones I've ever seen. We had just finishing loading the trucks after our concert last night, and a bunch of us we standing around outside talking when it lt up the sky. It was so bright and intense that I told everyone to be real quiet because I thought we might even be able to hear it if it exploded. We could see it break apart, fade away, and the get brighter again. It was absolutely amazing.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is rather interesting.
Asteroid hurtles towards earth
Scientists were today warning of a possible asteroid collision with the Earth.
An asteroid around two-thirds of a mile wide (1.2km) could hit the earth on March 21, 2014 and has been classified as "an event meriting careful monitoring" by astronomers.
But they say the probability of the asteroid hitting Earth is just 1 in 909,000 and the risk of impact is likely to decrease as they collect more information.
The newly-discovered asteroid, known as 2003 QQ47, has a mass of around 2,600 million tons (2,600 billion kg).
Its orbit calculations are currently based on just 51 observations during a seven-day period.
Dr Alan Fitzsimmons of Queen's University, Belfast, one of the expert team advising the UK NEO (Near Earth Objects) Information Centre, based in Leicester, said: "The NEO will be observable from Earth for the next two months, and astronomers will continue to track it over this period."
The giant rock was first observed on August 24 by Lincoln Near Earth Asteroid Research Program (LINEAR), based in Socorro, New Mexico.
The observations were reported to the Minor Planet Centre in Massachusetts, a centre for all new discoveries of asteroids and comets. The asteroid has been given a classification - known as a "Torino hazard rating" of one - defining it as "an event meriting careful monitoring."
Scientists said it was likely to drop down the scale for hazard as more observations were made.
Kevin Yates, project manager for the UK NEO Information Centre, said: "As additional observations are made over the coming months, and the uncertainties decrease, asteroid 2003 QQ47 is likely to drop down the Torino scale.
"The NEO Information Centre will continue to monitor the latest results of observations and publish regular updates on our website."
Asteroids such as 2003 QQ47 are chunks of rock left over from the formation of our solar system 4.5 billion years ago.
Most are kept at a safe distance from Earth in the asteroid belt between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter.
But the gravitational influence of giant planets such as Jupiter can nudge asteroids out of these safe orbits and send them plunging into the Earth's neighbourhood.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
they just keep coming!
is this the end? god I hope so.
sick of life and all the poo they put us though.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
they just keep coming!

It still continues beyond, so to 1 its best LEARN advancements (love-peace) when you can PER class and NOT wish for recess for who/whatever may be in recess with the...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I doubt that these are directly related; But I do know an asteroid is set to fly by Earth on May, 31st.

Dark, massive asteroid to fly by Earth on May 31
edit on 19-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
US global missile shield is built for these incoming asteroids.

US government knows something about the increasing frequency of meteorites and our Solar System passing through some dirty cloud of sorts.

International politicking makes it look like its dircted against Russia, but really its for our own insterstellar security....................................maybe?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
they just keep coming!

No, it's not the end, we got lots more chances to see some spectacular fireballs in the sky.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Don't worry, this kind of thing happens all the time, we only see them now because of iphones and youtube...........

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hm, 3 of the 4 taking paths directly at heavily populated areas if theyre seperate. Washington D.C. region, St. Louis region, and Denver region. My next question is, nuclear attack? Just sayin', if that ever was to occur those would be 3 of the best candidates for knocking out the next best holdouts to re-establish a new U.S. government from. Not saying that is what's happening but just the flight paths of the meteor(s) looks mighty suspicious.
edit on 19-5-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Thanks...I feel better now

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

Just like Asteroids. Earth is also traveling through the cosmos.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Where abouts are you here in South Texas? I have done some gigging at the Mansfield jetties a few times and it is great. Good to see someone from my part of the world for once.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekersRUS
reply to post by Quyll

Just like Asteroids. Earth is also traveling through the cosmos.

I wish I could travel through the cosmos. Imagine what you could learn.

I don't think I'd mind it if an enormous asteroid was due to hit Earth.

The end to suffering would be something to look forward to.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Not to scare anyone, but I put this spreadsheet and graph together here of the tabulated fireball counts and trends extracted from the American Meteor Society (Founded 1911) database of reports.

The best fit on the data (.76+) was a square power curve with a moderate upward bias and a differential ratio of 5.7 more fireballs per each new month across the period on average. So a moderately accelerating trend of increase.

2013 is a linear projection, which is way conservative since the fall months tend to involve heavier fireball activity - which could put 2013 more in the 3800 range more realistically.

Interesting.

edit on 19-5-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Even though Asteroid 1998 QE2 is doing a fly by it wont even be close to hit us, but I also wonder if it has debris behind it or in front of it that could reach us.

This is what I want to know:

Aside from the asteroid’s hulking mass, another thing that intrigues astronomers about QE2 is that nobody can say with any certainty where it came from. One clue to its origins, however, is that its surface is said to be covered with a sticky, black residue, suggesting that it may be the remains of a comet that came in close proximity to the sun, Amy Mainzer, a researcher at Jet Propulsion Laboratory at La Cañada Flintridge, California, told the Los Angeles Times.

If it is the remains of an unknown comet, then it could be easy to associate these new meteorite strikes with it yes?

edit on 19-5-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

I've been saying the same thing.

Kind of like Armegeddon (The Movie). There were impacts long before the main show. Maybe life is imitating art?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNewRevolution

I heard four explosions that night. I though transformers may be blowing in sequence. I didn't see any flash though, but they were loud.

I've been deployed multiple times, I know the difference between a firework and a explosion.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEthicalSkeptic
Not to scare anyone, but I put this spreadsheet and graph together here of the tabulated fireball counts and trends extracted from the American Meteor Society (Founded 1911) database of reports.

The best fit on the data (.76+) was a square power curve with a moderate upward bias and a differential ratio of 5.7 more fireballs per each new month across the period on average. So a moderately accelerating trend of increase.

2013 is a linear projection, which is way conservative since the fall months tend to involve heavier fireball activity - which could put 2013 more in the 3800 range more realistically.

Interesting.

Thank you, Mr. Spock.

Now can you put it into english for the rest of us?

From what I get from your post, 2013 should be a great year for stargazers. Am I correct?

And I know about the comet later this year...that should be pretty cool.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Thank you, Mr. Spock.

From what I get from your post, 2013 should be a great year for stargazers. Am I correct?
And I know about the comet later this year...that should be pretty cool.

Should be a fantastic year yes,

There are factors which the AMS cautions the analyst in viewing the data however.

There are circumstances affecting the data collected by the AMS that should be understood to prevent misinterpretation regarding the change of fireballs reported.

1. From January 2005 through December 2010 the AMS fireball reports system was based on the same data collection form and process created by Bob Lunsford in 2005.
2. In December 2010 the AMS fireball reporting system was upgraded to a database google maps system developed by Mike Hankey and company. The new software made it much easier for witnesses to file reports and resulted in more witnesses successfully reporting events.
3. Internet traffic on the AMS site has increased since 2005. In current years, more people are connected with mobile devices, laptops and computers than ever before. This leads to more people reporting fireballs. At least one huge event with over 100+ reports in 2009 was space trash, and there was at least 1 space trash event for 2012. The graph of 100+ events has not been adjusted to account for space trash.
4. A percentage of reports received are cloud contrails, planes, sun dogs or phenomenon other than fireball meteors. These reports are deleted when detected and generally tend to be events reported by only one witness.
5. In November 2012, the AMS fireball reporting software was upgraded again and this upgrade resulted in an immediate increase of reports received. It is believed that improvements to the user interface lessened the amount of form abandonment and other training issues that may have kept witnesses from successfully logging events on the previous version.

I filtered out all but #5 - so the trend still has some validity.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The sky is always falling...:

Live Meteor Detector

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join