It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Fireballs with Same Heading Spotted Over U.S. in last 24 Hours

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Interesting to say the least, especially combined with the Mexico fireball/meteor event yesterday evening.

I'm no expert here, and I do realize 1 or all 4 of these sightings could be the same event. However, same heading? That seems unusual if it really was 4...

Also we are expecting a close, 1.7 mile wide flyby of an asteroid on 5/31, Asteroid 1998 QE2, are these related? Reminds me of the Russian meteor, which scientists tried to say had nothing to do with a close flyby...

In the last 24 hours the AMS has received confirmed reports about 4 unique fireball events all occurring near 4:00 AM UTC time. The most recent event occurred in Arkansas and Missouri on May 19th near 3:37 UTC. At the same time 3:37 UTC 4 witnesses reported a fireball in Arizona. The distance between these two locations would inhibit witnesses from observing the same fireball from both locations. On May 18th two large fireball meteors were also spotted within an hour of each other, one over the central east coast and another in Colorado. Below is a table of the events in question.

www.amsmeteors.org...

Thoughts or personal accounts?

edit on 19-5-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Could be stragglers from the Eta Aquarid meteor shower. Or perhaps something is inbound as I seem to have been hearing more about meteors that get through lately.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragsntatters
Could be stragglers from the Eta Aquarid meteor shower. Or perhaps something is inbound as I seem to have been hearing more about meteors that get through lately.

Link not working

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm scared

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Even though Asteroid 1998 QE2 is doing a fly by it wont even be close to hit us, but I also wonder if it has debris behind it or in front of it that could reach us.

This is what I want to know:

Aside from the asteroid’s hulking mass, another thing that intrigues astronomers about QE2 is that nobody can say with any certainty where it came from. One clue to its origins, however, is that its surface is said to be covered with a sticky, black residue, suggesting that it may be the remains of a comet that came in close proximity to the sun, Amy Mainzer, a researcher at Jet Propulsion Laboratory at La Cañada Flintridge, California, told the Los Angeles Times.

If it is the remains of an unknown comet, then it could be easy to associate these new meteorite strikes with it yes?

edit on 19-5-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It may not be as unusual as you may think. I see this a lot when I'm fishing at night.

I do a lot of flounder fishing here in S. Texas and I only fish at night because I'm gigging the fish as opposed to catching them on hook & line and this method is only employed at night. Anyway, I can't tell you the number of times that I've seen multiple meteorites come in on the same trajectory within seconds or minutes of each other. Sometimes they look like they were following the exact same path and I too have wondered about this phenomena.

Over time, I've come to the self adopted conclusion that; When a collision happens in the asteroid belt that sends debris our way, it only makes sense that multiple fragments from the collision will be on similar trajectories resulting in the phenomena you're describing here. Kinda adds a whole new perspective to the old saying; "Birds of a feather, flock together."

Actually, I think that clusters are probably more common that individual objects.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I wonder if 4 is normal. In that case, what number would be abnormal. How many objects in a short time frame would unchain mass hysteria?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
they keep on coming. quite the year for fireballs/meteors/asteroids etc. and it's still only May.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I do love a good fireball.

+7 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I totally understand how people are trying to explain these events away, but to my mind there are presently simply too many in quick succession to dismiss it as normal.

I hold certain beliefs about the nature and origin of our local stellar environment which lead me to err on the side of caution and thus prepare myself to expect the unexpected as the months and years progress.

Watch for the signs of the Age - in all spheres & realms of activity.

+3 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Its all good till somebody loses an eyeball to one of these things

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, if something breaks apart it will follow a trajectory path in the same direction sometimes while slowly getting farther apart. The collision would have not been too long ago if these would be related to the big asteroid/dead comet. A million miles apart from the parent is nothing in space. The debris could be in front or behind the asteroid.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I saw one in the same heading, Central PA, at exactly 4:00 UTC on Thursday 5/16.

I had a friend with that also witnessed it as well as several people over Facebook. There was a fireball with a bright white flash followed by a large explosion much like the sound of artillery. It was LOUD.

Could not find any known cause for the ball.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We're witness to the most fantastic fireball you could imagine every single day.

How is it that it just keeps burning and burning and burning......"......."....."...."

Kind of blows these flash in the pan little streamers away.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
We had a large meteor across the UK a few days ago. I don't know if it was mentioned on here.
Vid here:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I really want to learn more about what's happening with these fireballs and what it could possibly mean. Very informative post.

Thanks for your OP. S&F

edit on 19-5-2013 by Quyll because: addition

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the info! I have been having the same thought these past couple of days with the large moon impact, the fireball (possible) in Mexico, these ones now and apparently others (based on above post)

I find it really curious that this meteor that is approaching is believed to broken off a larger comet, based on it being covered in a 'black goo'. If this is in fact correct, wouldn't it stand to reason that there would be other debris associated with it? So I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see a lot more.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So are these increasing in frequency and possibly size? Or is social media and enhanced reporting just making it seem that way?

Let's face it, even 20 years ago, we would barely have heard of any of these, the media would have only picked up on it intermittently and a brief mention made in the 'strange events' section hidden inside the newspaper. If you missed that part of the newscast or that little newspaper article, you would never have known about it.

Life sure was calmer before Twitter...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well according to Von Braun - After the 'Asteroids' comes Aliens - Disclosure is only a few decades off!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
interesting ** *** **

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join