It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new Soundtrack Album

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Hello ATSers!

First a bit of myself:

Here I am "Lord Adef", In real life my name is Alexandre de Faria.

I´m a professional composer and for the last 15 years I´ve been writing soundtracks for television. I come from the Classical music landscape but shifted away from it for surviving purposes.

I learned that in the Soundtrack business one has the freedom to endure through various musical universes, as opposed to composing your Classical repertoire. I eventually write my concert music, although not as much as I´d like to, due to completely lack of spare time (and payed commissions..).

I´ve won a couple of international composing competitions around the world. I actually started my TV music carrier in London, composing the Soundtrack for a series called "The Vanishing Man". I hope some of the British folks here may have occasionally watched it.

A couple of years ago my soap opera won the EMMY Awards for the best Soap Opera in the world. I was very flattered with such a huge prize.

When I returned to Brazil (after living abroad for some years) I started to work for this major Brazilian Broadcast television. I´m still there.

Yesterday the last chapter of my latest work was on. The plot was around Brazil and Turkey and we shot huge amounts of images in the most beautiful places in Turkey.

the Soundtrack album of this work was released and is doing quite well indeed, considering being an Instrumental work. I think the cd is still being only sold in Brazil, but it is in iTunes so it can be found worldwide. It has a lot of the Turkish flavour but blended with many other elements. It sounds international I suppose.

I invite everyone of our dear ATS community to listen to it and make your comments. Even if you don´t intend to buy it, the iTunes preview should give you an overall idea.

iTunes link

I also have another album you can find in iTunes. This one was for a Tv show about India. If you also want to have a listen you can find it here:

iTunes link

Many titles are in Portuguese, some in English. I can provide some translation if needed.

I really hope you like it!!

ps: Following the advice from ThePublicEnemyNo1 I just want to make it clear that my intention is solely to present my music to ATSers, The iTunes links were a way to let you hear then, since I don´t have other ways to do it (myspace, blog, etc..). I am not trying to sell records here.
edit on 19-5-2013 by LordAdef because: adding the ps at the bottom

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LordAdef

Word of advice...be careful promoting yourself on ATS. They don't take kindly to people promoting anything that's for sale.

I must admit though, I will go sample your music on iTunes

ETA
Winds of Capadocia is awesome

edit on 5/19/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

thanks for the advice!
In fact I just wanted people to hear it and the only way I could do it was to share the iTunes link. I don´t have a site, blog or anything else.
edit on 19-5-2013 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Have you considered Soundcloud? I use Linux and therefore cannot hear your songs at all. It wants to open them in iTunes. Soundcloud gives users the opportunity to upload whole tracks and make them available for free. Just an idea to possibly bear in mind. Good luck in any case!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I'll think about something. Not sure about Soundcloud. There are legal clauses I must follow. This is a Soundtrack of a "product". I cannot simply upload the soundtrack for free download. I hope you understand. But I'll look for another link and post it for you.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Another idea, limit the quality of the track you upload. Instead of say a flac file or a 320kbit mp3, upload half quality, providing a reason for someone to buy the good quality version. This is often a technique used directly on artist's sites. Fans can listen all they want but it is not "CD" quality (like CD is any real kind of quality, bandwidth/frequency limited digital bs, but that's a completely different discussion) and therefore not particularly nice to listen to on an mp3 player with good quality earphones.

I understand the point is to get people to buy, wasn't suggesting you give it away for nothing.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks LightSpeedDriver, I'll see what I can do. But you are completely right about it.
All I want is to share what I do. I really love this place and the Atsers rs

top topics

join