It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything You Wanted To Know About AboveTopSecret.com, But Were Too Scared To Ask!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I think it would be leaving a lot of things out...but I'd guess the actual administrative staff make an income from things. As they'd fully deserve, I'd hope we agree. All the better that it's all accomplished without charging anything for all that's provided. The image vault alone, for how they allow reasonable use, is worth what I've paid a few bucks for in the past.

BTW... The difference between Gross and Net for trucking was numerically similar to $150,000 = $12,000-$18,000 in true discretionary money I could ever feel was mine. I made 3x's more as a company driver at it's best (trainers make good money...as company drivers). I'm thinking, running something like this wouldn't be too different for enormous numbers on gross figures, shrinking so fast on the spreadsheets from the disease of nickles and dimes falling out all over, it's downright sad. That sure was my experience as a business owner. ...and I didn't even 'Chrome out' my truck.' Those guys outright lost homes and wound up owing companies they worked for. Business is expensive.. lol

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I would imagine that the vast majority of ad revenue pays for the site upkeep and development. I'm sure the admins divide up the rest, but I doubt they are getting rich off of it. (but I wouldn't have a problem if they were)...

We mods (even supers) are all volunteer.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh yes, I agree most everyone involved with providing a free platform for people to learn new things and express their own opinions, like ATS, deserve some sort of compesation.

I am not familiar with who gets paid when the company is a web-site, so I just went with those listed as staff, not the moderators. Also, I based my speculation on numbers I can't be certain are accurate, so there is no telling if what I posted is accurate or not.

I have a company myself and, painfully so, I know the difference between gross/net. My gross, before payroll, materials, taxes, and other expenses would leave most (who do not know the large difference between small business gross and net profit) thinking I am a multi-millionaire!

The gross loses a lot of weight, as it plunges through the cost/expense gauntlet, on it's way to the bottom line. If you've done good, it'll stop before it turns red!

reply to post by Gazrok

I agree with you Gaz. I don't mean for the discussion to seem like I am asking who is paid and who isn't, those details are really none of my business. I thought it was interesting to see what the potential earnings on a site like this could be.

Like Wrabbit said, and I am sure most agree with, everyone who makes this place run smoothly deserves any compensation they get. The mods definitely deserve anything they get, whether it's satisfaction, another type of gratification, or financial takes.
edit on 20-5-2013 by esteay812 because: addcntnt

new topics

<< 1   >>

join