It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vibrations during sleep paralysis - is there any scientific explanation for them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
When Ive had out of body experiences in the past, most have been spontanious and Ive usually found myself slowly becoming awake but my body feels heavy and warm and one thing which Ive noticed is that my breathing is not a conscious effort at all like its being taken over. This is my cue to slowly ease myself out of my body and carry out my out of body experience visiting the astral plane. On a few occasions however Ill find myself becoming awake and my body will be heavy and warm BUT Ill be conscious of my breathing and especially conscious of vibrations running from head to toe several times. The severity of the vibrations varies but sometimes they feel so physical and sometimes get trapped round my back and rib area which becomes frustrating and uncomfortably ticklish but I know that once these settle down and my breathing doesnt become a conscious effort, Ill then be able to leave my body.

What Im wondering is what these vibrations actually are and if theres any scientific explanation to what is happening to cause them in the first place? is it dmt working its way through my body to strengthen the paralysis? is it my blood? There doesnt seem to be much information about the vibrations so Im wondering if anyone knows more about them.

Thankyou

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
One of the symptoms of arterial fibrilation - palpatations - heart problems. Go get yourself checked out. It has nothing to do with OBEs.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I once used bin-aural beats to induce sleep paralysis (was not the intention) what I experienced was a very similar vibration, it felt like the world was vibrating around me, very intense and somewhat frightening.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The closest thing to "scientific" that I have come across is that the physical and nonphysical awareness can be out of synch and this causes the vibrations during the transition, like a DJ galloping during a transition from one track to another.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Clarky

I am led to believe that is it your own bodies rhythms beings produced, & that you are "single-pointedly" aware of the vibrations that you put out. Fear or Love can be instilled in these vibrations. Do nothing! Just observe.

I'd have to say that I'm a novice on the astral plane with my current human brain, as I have put so much time into being a professional acrobat/entertainer in this lifetime!

Interesting thoughts!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I posted something about this with binaural beats, I fell asleep on accident one time
with them on, when my obe started, felt like i was being torn apart by the
vibrations, that was the weirdest feeling of my life, the beats/vibe were
extremely loud, felt them inside of me, felt like the world around me was
vibrating.

My regular lucid/obe whichever type of dream they are called, sometimes i feel
very heaviness/vibrations, i used to break free by forcing myself to go onto
another part of a dreamscape whatever you call it, but when i did this,
that dream scenario was very short lived, if you let it happen naturally, sleep paralysis
relax and understand it, you can take advantage of it, took me a while to figure out.
Happens once in a while, trying to get them on purpose, really hard to get sometimes.

I'd say theres nothing wrong with Vibrations during that stage, i read plenty of users on
other forums about it, i have had it myself as well. I dont think science has the
answers yet, I doubt they will, since its imaginary.

People say were are nothing but a frequency as in sound, we just vibrate along with it.
Dreams seem to make sense a bit lol. This what some scientists say.

edit on 18-5-2013 by aerial because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Clarky

Eh, I'm sure they'll just tell you it's nerves misfiring and blah blah blah. Well, yeah! The nervous system is the gateway between body and spirit.

What the mainstream explanation is--probably just to dismiss and decry the whole phenomenon altogether.

Trust your instincts, dig deep within yourself.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Have you ever tried astral projection? Have you ever tried inducing these vibrations. It's a normal sign that happens to most when attempting to astral project. I've felt them, and i'm sure you would to, so I'm no so sure it's a medical problem if most people who attempt OBE or astral projections to experience these vibrations. Not trying to say it's never medical conditions though, that could be it too, but it depends on where your experiencing the vibrations, the intensiveness, etc. etc...

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I had this happen to me this morning three times back to back felt like I was about to be transported somewhere is there a medical reason or scientific season for this occurrence

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
FWIW, you get that same sensation nearly anytime you are about to pass out.

The magic fingers vibration feeling is common when you're hypoxic, hypercapnic, drugged, choked out and the like. I've also felt it during hypnagogic dreams.

top topics

join