It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is reality real? Simulated Universe and Holographic Reality (VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
Finally got to watch it. Man, it's great!! Now I'm dying to learn more...any suggestions?

Thanks again for making it and sharing here

ETA: Just watched your singularity video also...I know even less about that, aside from the hosts of the mysterious universe podcast like to mention the singularity on occassion.
This is great stuff!

edit on 19-5-2013 by BobM88 because: (no reason given)

Awwwww, thanks dude (or dudett, depending on your avatar). I love that you loved it.

YES I have tons of recommendations to follow up on these subjects.

If you wish, I can send you a U2U with various links to fun material I find mind blowing. If yo so wish? It would be my pleasure to hook you up with some brain candy. Just give me the permission to send it, and the time it takes to collect it.

MM

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Mr Mask

Glad to have you in CampKill!

even tho I am one of those youre sworn to destroy? lol

I told you man...there is a cure for camping. I still have hope for you!

You'll see!

MM

well move over to playing CoD on thre PC lol

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I'm a dude, the avatar is my wife...I prefer looking at a picture of her to a picture of me.

Yes, please, feel free to U2U me. Thanks a ton!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

Glad to have you in CampKill!

even tho I am one of those youre sworn to destroy? lol

I told you man...there is a cure for camping. I still have hope for you!

You'll see!

MM

well move over to playing CoD on thre PC lol

lol. I can't afford a PC that can run MW3. Heck, I had to replace my xbox last week and that was almost impossible.

But, that don't mean we can't get you running like a camper-killer pro!

MM

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

I'm a dude, the avatar is my wife...I prefer looking at a picture of her to a picture of me.

Give me some time and I'll surly get you some good links to some stuff you should watch to get you upto speed on the subjects presented in both vids. I have a bunch I love to watch often.

I actually find myself googling for new vids about these things often and rarely find anything new, hence why I made both these vids.

Give me some time and I'll u2u you some really fun stuff! And again, thanks for being interested in one of the most interesting subjects of science and philosophy IMHO.

HUGS!

MM

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
WHAT A GREAT VIDEO!!! I have had an interest in the holographic universe for quite some time now. Everything seems to be a projection and simulation like others have explained before. It is definitely a very interesting read and find.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by D3AD537
WHAT A GREAT VIDEO!!! I have had an interest in the holographic universe for quite some time now. Everything seems to be a projection and simulation like others have explained before. It is definitely a very interesting read and find.

AWWWW THANKS BRO! As I've said, this subject ranks highly in my most loved subjects in science and philosophy. I can't get enough of it and it seems like almost every few months another discovery comes out supporting or suggesting the theories in this vid.

I agree with you in saying it is very interesting.

I personally think there is a high chance of us living in a simulation and/or holographic reality. I also think that studies of the human brain that show a holographic nature to its workings are as interesting.

Like I said, I eat this stuff up and can't get enough. Its the reason I made the vid, cus there just isn't enough introduction material online. I really hope this vid stands as a decent intro to the concepts presented.

Thank you so much for calling it a great video. Everyone here has been overly kind and I can't thank everyone enough for that.

Big robo-hugs to you!

MM

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been suggested already, I don't have time to read all the replies just yet.

Do you think the 'reality-simulation' we experience could be determined by our own brain chemistry.
For example, the reality we experience when we sleep is very different to the one we experience when we are awake. And they both feel real at the time.
Different laws of physics, time and space, different brain chemistry.
You just have to think of chemistry (neurotransmitters in this case) as 'the program' and it works.

Just throwing it out there.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Can I get a rewrite on my personal code please?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This is a subject that's fascinated me for years also. I like Tom Cambells take on it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I liked the video a lot though I have to admit the eyeball candy kept distracting me a little bit.

But the theory reminds me of a comic book I read a long time ago... when they were a dime a piece (man I am getting old).

Anyway... I forget what the comic title was.. .Tales from the Crypt type with 3-4 stories in an issue. In one story a scientist made a microscope that could actually see the surface of atoms and when he first zoomed in on one what he seen was horrific. He zoomed in and seen man at war with each other on the surface of an atom, blowing themselves up just like we do on the surface of this Earth.

I can still remember thinking the "waht ifs" of it (and obviously still thinking about it). Suppose this were true and the warring residents on that atom particle had a scientist that developed a microscope to see their makeup and saw warriing people and then what if on that atomic particle there was a scientist that developed a microscope their makeup and seen warring factions.... and so on and so on...

Well... it just kinda blew my mind at an early age so much so that for the longest time I thought our solar system was a big flourine atom... or an isotope.

But it does make one wonder... so fun to think about.

I wish I had the reflexes I did now like I did when Quake first hit the market. Man I ruled Deathmatch. But now I just can't get my hands around console controllers and am a +mouselook dinosaur. I can take relief in knowing since I don't do console games that whoevers universe I controlled will not suffer greatly since they won't be created in the first place.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

Give me some time and I'll surly get you some good links to some stuff you should watch to get you upto speed on the subjects presented in both vids. I have a bunch I love to watch often.

I actually find myself googling for new vids about these things often and rarely find anything new, hence why I made both these vids.

Give me some time and I'll u2u you some really fun stuff! And again, thanks for being interested in one of the most interesting subjects of science and philosophy IMHO.

HUGS!

MM

No, please post it here! I wanna read it too!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Fabulous vid OP!

Probably the best way to get my 10 year old into this kind of stuff and expand his mind.

Before anyone screams "But it's got guns and expletives!" That may be, but have you met the average 10 year old recently?

They all have access kinds of stuff thanks to youtube, the genie is out of the bottle, but at least there is an intelligence behind this.

I hope this inspires my son, as much as it has inspired me.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

reply to post by Mr Mask

HUGS!

MM

No, please post it here! I wanna read it too!

Me three!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Please post links in the open on this thread, as I have a feeling there may be quite a few that are interested in further reaserch/information. And thank you for making that vid, very interesting and well presented plethora of info, in a very short amount of time. Keep it up..

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is my response to another thread about simulated universe that didn't get much attention. Firstly, I'm fascinated by the idea of simulated reality as you can tell from my location and mood. After watching the 13th floor, I have been seeing life in a different way...

I often think about what you are describing in your OP, it's possible that we live in a virtual reality. One of my theories on life is that our future selves simulate this reality to study ourselves and life in general. It's an advanced technology cryogenic-stasis tank type of a bed you get inside in just like in he movie "Avatar" "The 13th Floor" or "The Matrix" and you go back in time and study life or for whatever reason you choose to, just like how we study fossils and such. It's a choice by your future self, some go back in time on earth some choose other dimensions and reality just like how you prefer to play The Sims over Diablo or other games. It may sound weird for some, but I can feel and sense my future self observing me, simulating me.

Now, we are connected at all times with our future selves so when one thinks do I have a free will? Do I make my choices or my future self? The answer is you are so compatible you are the same like a layer over another layer. There is no two, but one. If one is aware enough, they will catch the "observer" observing them. I do. I believe the higher-self is your future self, an evolved being who made the choice to experience this moment in time.

Dreams? I'm still working on figuring out it's ultimate place in relation to my theory. It's like free roam mode, but maybe simulation is within a simulation? Where it's easier for the simulation to download info from its host. I hope I'm making sense but I'm also trying to figure out dreams in general, because I KNOW there is much more than meets the eye. Death is waking up from the tank, finally being unplugged from the "matrix." What is on the other side remains a mystery for many including myself, but I'm hopefull and excited to unplug one day.

Perhaps the Elite know this entire virtual reality game and they are making their own moves. Life is an MMORPG. Those of you who don't know the genre of MMORPG, it's massive multiplayer role playing game on PC's. You create your character...select your sex, looks, race and class...just like how the host creates its simulation. You and I. You gain XP(experience) in the game, just like in "real" life and level up. You gain skills, you do quests (working) for other people and basically nurture your character until the last level. Gee, sounds like life to me. Of course the game itself has it's own rules, same as life. Thing is, like I mentioned the Elite are completely aware of this that's why they don't give a fudge cake about us. It's really not about them either, it's just a game and they are playing their role as we are. I'm sure if they wanted to destroy us, they would have easily done it in the past. Create virus and kill us all. But, that's not their plan...I don't know what their plan is honestly and I don't even want to know... This may sound far-fetched to some, but my creativity is getting the best of me today.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This type of discussion has always fascinated me. Moreso the idea that if we *were* in a simulation, it's highly unlikely we'd be able to discern if that was the case. And also, if we are simulated, will we reach a stage where we too will create a simulation that contains inhabitants that wonder of they are simulated? It's turtles all the way down.

I actually wrote quite a long article titled "Why make a Matrix? And Why You May Be In One"about ancestral simulations, the "brain in a vat" concept and and the work of Nick Bostrom (and others) a few years ago - if no-one minds, I'd like to post a link here (not shameless plugging, I swear - it's just that the article covers a number of discussion points that will hopefully add fuel to this discussion, and I really don't think posting a many-thousand word article on here is a good idea).

if you'd like to read it, it's here: blog.dogsounds.com...

Clearly I am posting a link to my own blog, so Mods, if this is inappropriate please feel free to remove. Here's a taster of the article. I hope you'll take a minute or to to go have a look and then come back with your thoughts on the ancestral simulation theory

Firstly, Bostrom knew that the “envatted brain” scenario was nonsense, logistically. It may be feasible that a scientist keeps a single or small number of brains in such a state, but the feasabiilty of the whole human population being so trapped is highly unlikely – there would be no tangible reason to carry out such a monumental and expensive task. He jokes that the Matrix trilogy of films use just this principle, but that the reason for doing so – is utterly silly:

"Why the Matrix? Why did the machines do it? Human brains may be many things, but efficient batteries they are not."

He posits that, yes, there may be reasons for such an endeavour, but it is not likley that it would be done in such a physical and energy-consuming and labor-intensive way. Instead, he theorized that although the envatted brain idea is ridiculous, the idea that a reality could be simulated for historical, research or some other purpose is not. In fact, as he developed his theory, he began to realise that, statistically speaking, there is a good chance that such a simulated reality is not impossible, and that, by progressing his ideas forward there is in fact almost no way to refute the idea that we are, in fact, currently simulated. Theoretically, you, me, this text, your computer, your room, the people in other rooms and everything that exists to our senses could, in fact, be utterly virtual. However, although he does not believe the feasability of the envatted brain scenario, his theory does agree with one aspect of it – there would be no way to tell whether the reality we perceive is “real” or “virtual”.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ok, more than one of you have asked that instead of me sending links on these subjects to someone in a U2U, that I post the links here for all. That makes a lot more sense, so that's what I am gunna do.

This list of links and vids will not be a comprehensive end-all list (the internet is crawling with good info) but it will have enough to get anyone started. I will post in two sections. The first section will be about the universe being a hologram, and the second section will be about the universe being a computer simulation.

Lets begin!

The Holographic Principle & are we living in a hologram.

Lets start with the wiki on the Holographic Principle. It has lots of links and info to the big names and events in this theory.
Holographic principle WIKI

A lot of folks have seen the Epic Rap battle "Einstein vs Hawkin" where Albert says "I'll put a hole in your head bigger than the hole in your black hole theory was". But what does that mean? It means Hawkin had a little fight with Leonard Susskind and Gerard Hooft...and got his chair flipped.
The argument between Susskind and Hooft VS Hawkin (how Hawkin's black hole theory was destroyed)

Brian Greene is a theoretical physicist who has written many books on this subject and indeed thinks we do live in a 2 dimensional hologram. Here is an article explaining some of his views and the history of the theory. Its an excerpt from his famous book "The Hidden Reality". He is a bright guy with a bit of an ego...but still fun to explore. (added note, a good friend of mine builds and maintains some of his web pages)
Brain Greene on Holographic Universe.

An article explaining Alain Aspect's experiments that changed the scientific world's understanding of the quantum world. The ground breaking experiment that (some say) starts it all.
Alain Aspect 1982 finds particals communicate faster than light.

Some videos to get you going

Leonard Susskind gives a lecture on the Universe as a Hologram. 55 mins long and titled "The World as a Hologram".

Tom Campbell (controversial physicist and author of the MY BIG TOE trilogy) speaks on how the Holographic or virtual model of the Universe fits best.

UC Berkeley's Raphael Bousso presents a friendly introduction to the ideas behind the holographic principle, which may be very important in the hunt for a theory of quantum gravity.

Ok, there is endless data and lectures online...but many don't want the boring tone and pace of such. A lot of you prolly want some entertaining and mind expanding videos that focus less on the numbers and more on the possibilities. So...with hesitation I will include a very good series I enjoyed a long time ago. Its a multi-part work shop (6-8 hours in parts I believe) that covers much of the research and discoveries made, but also delves into speculation and a lil fluff. I warn you...you must watch this with a keen radar for BS, but its surly fun and worth your time...and will lead you to the names, dates, places and experiments you should be googling. The deeper you get into these videos, the more and more loosely they become attached to proven physics. But still...great series.
The speaker has a wonderful speaking voice, and tho he is no scientist...he does do a great job of sharing much of the discoveries and properties of the holographic principle. But he also throws in a lot of junk. Still...great series. Here is part 1.

The Holographic Universe Part 1.

That should be enough to get you started. I could link all day to the decades worth of research and discovery, theory and fact. But if I did that, I'd never get to my next post where I share links to reasons to think about our Universe as a computer simulation. I hope these links I have shared entertain and open your mind.

BIG HUGS!

MM

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I appreciate the provided links Mask...give us all you got bro.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Awesome video, Thanks for sharing.

I used to think this theory was a complete and utter bs, but then I found N,N-Dimethyltryptamine ....Not so sure anymore.

I wonder what are your thoughts in this regard?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join