It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Vilify the Ego

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

What is it then?

A word and a concept. These are things.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
This sounds to me like "non-existence is the natural state" or "death is the natural state". If this was the case, there would be no living body, there would be no humanity, no you or I. Of course, nature herself says the opposite.

If I asked you to point at yourself, where would you point?

And nature has said no such thing. Just because there are individual organisms, does not mean the consciousness which animates it is individual.
edit on 22-5-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

You are avoiding her statement by implying she is incorrect when all of your previous posts support her conclusion. Either address her statement directly or admit to the fallacious nature of your assertions.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm wondering,

I had a taste of All That Is in my dream. And I felt everything at once, an incredible feeling of love. And there was only silence. A sweet taste for what coming for us. Being connected to everything.

My questions is, When you are One with 'God', does the ego still exist? Because I felt love, I heard silence but no thought seemed to pop up and individualize these things. It was all One, including me.

So does Oneness mean no Ego?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risingfall
I'm wondering,

I had a taste of All That Is in my dream. And I felt everything at once, an incredible feeling of love. And there was only silence. A sweet taste for what coming for us. Being connected to everything.

My questions is, When you are One with 'God', does the ego still exist? Because I felt love, I heard silence but no thought seemed to pop up and individualize these things. It was all One, including me.

There is only oneness but it is dreaming a dream of separation. When the thoughts stop, when words stop deceiving one - it is seen clearly, the love is felt. One is pretending to be something one is not. It is the game.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Non-existence makes no sense; there is nothing other than what exists. Knowing is not the same as non-existence, because non-existence doesn't exist. Death is just when you detach from ego, and lose the 'you' all together.

I feel that this conversation is straying from its original purpose and turning into an argument of semantics.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

And nature has said no such thing. Just because there are individual organisms, does not mean the consciousness which animates it is individual.

Once again, I ask that you provide evidence. Surely something so absolute and real would have some kind of evidence available even for those who have not experienced it? I mean, is there some scientific process by which you are able to reveal the existence of this source nature?
edit on 22-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I refuse to continue this dialogue with you after I make this final statement:
The proof is the experience.

link   

I'm wondering,

There can be the experience of Oneness, while the ego, or at least remaining fragments still come and go.

Eventually it is entirely cleansed (subconscious) and it returns to the source of thought, merging permanently with Oneness. Then everything afterwards is spontaneous, with no need to even think, just like a flower or air does not need to think

link   

Hmmm, But aren't we supposed to be living in a world that's connected to everything but still with ego? I mean, there would still be individuals (ego) and (after the awakening) a heart based society that's connected to All That Is?

Doesn't that mean that ego can also be good. A representation of one's indivuality, of one's soul.
This game is supposed to bring us joy and happiness. A learning process for becoming One with All That Is.

I think Ego is not that bad. It expresses our souls, and It gives us the learning process.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Which means that you are not aware of your own existence. What's the point of existing if you're not aware of it?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It is hiding in plain sight and is so obvious it astounds me that it can be missed. Yet the individual will never see it. It only becomes obvious when the illusion of a separate self vanishes.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It is hiding in plain sight and is so obvious it astounds me that it can be missed. Yet the individual will never see it. It only becomes obvious when the illusion of a separate self vanishes.

So you are supposed to process your existence at exact odds with your actual physical existence? If a bird operates precisely according to its physicality, then why shouldn't we? If a frog operates precisely according to its physicality, then why shouldn't we? What is so abhorrent about our physicality that we must process existence as though we were anything but individualized physical organisms? We are separate, singular organisms. What's wrong with processing data according to that nature? You have spent your entire life as a singular organism. You know nothing of infinity. You know nothing of omnipresence. Such concepts are literally incomprehensible to the finite and expendable organism that is your brain, that is your body.

You are pretending to have knowledge of something you can literally know nothing about because you are literally incapable of such vast comprehension. All of your experience has been limited to ideas that cover the tiniest fraction of such awareness, which leaves you utterly ill-equipped to even begin to contemplate such an existence.

The ego is perfect for us because, just like the ego, we were designed to operate on a singularly subjective level of interaction and experience. To vilify our ego is to vilify everything about our very nature. We are human. That is our nature. We are singular, we are subjective. We can master objectivity to a point, but Homo Sapiens is doomed to be forever finite and ignorant in relative terms, until such a time as evolution changes our physical nature. Make peace with it, as you cannot change it without deluding yourself. If you have any respect at all for logical and rationality, you will know this to be fact. The most we can ever do is touch the very edge of what you speak of. We can glimpse it from a distance, but no more than that.

Accept your human nature. Resisting your finite and ignorant existence will only bring you suffering as you fight what you are, and always will be, for the rest of this life.
edit on 22-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by dominicus

Which means that you are not aware of your own existence. What's the point of existing if you're not aware of it?

If there inherently is no I to be aware of, then in its place, awareness merges with and becomes aware of everything

Are you aware of the eyes seeing, lungs breathing, both feet planted on the floor, mind thinking, birds chirping, rain falling, wind blowing, ears hearing....... all at the same time?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Hmmm, But aren't we supposed to be living in a world that's connected to everything but still with ego? I mean, there would still be individuals (ego) and (after the awakening) a heart based society that's connected to All That Is?

Doesn't that mean that ego can also be good. A representation of one's indivuality, of one's soul.
This game is supposed to bring us joy and happiness. A learning process for becoming One with All That Is.

I think Ego is not that bad. It expresses our souls, and It gives us the learning process.

It is not that you are living in a world where everything is connected - it is more than that. Can you separate yourself from this moment? This (whatever this is) is all there is but the mind has ideas about more and all that needs to happen is for there to be a realization that the mind has ideas. Right here there is just what is happening - there is only ever what is happening.
When the thoughts stop all ideas of other disappear and what is seen is all there is.
There is nothing to learn for oneness to experienced (like in your dream) all ideas have to drop away.
You might like this little video.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What a wise man.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

edit on 22-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

And nature has said no such thing.

Nature has also said no such thing in regards to a universal consciousness.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

My experience of it. That is my proof.

Besides, the universe exists, does it not? And it exists in such a way that points to evidence of a Creator, am I correct? What else would the Creator create the universe out of, other than Itself? That is all the outward evidence that exists.
edit on 22-5-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Non-existence makes no sense; there is nothing other than what exists.

I've heard we are nothing, we are not physical, we are not our body, nor our thoughts, desires, drives—instead we are some intangibility that cannot be described, observed, or felt. How does this imply any existence whatsoever? How is this our "true nature"?

Of course, nature shows us the exact opposite, our "true nature" out in the open, avoided, discounted and feared, and therefore slandered to fit the idealistic desire to exist in thought only.

If anything, it is very interesting that we speak so ill of ourselves, run from our true "true nature", and vilify what we are.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join