It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't see videos on ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I used to see the videos posted on ATS, but a couple of months ago the videos stopped showing up in the window in the post. If I click on the "youtube" at the bottom of the window, a new tab opens to youtube then I can watch. I also cannot watch vids on LiveLeak. I have a HP Probook S laptop with IE9 and Windows 7pro. My flash player is up to date. Now if I switch to Firefox everything is fine. Any constructive suggestions?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't have an answer, but the exact same thing is happening to me. I have a Toshiba laptop with the latest Windows version, also use Explorer browser. One day I could see videos on ATS, then one day I couldn't.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Can't see videos on ATS.

your not missing much!

joking...
umm, i havn't used ie for a long time (ie7),
but you might try going to internet options, security, and then 'resetting all zones to default level'.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It could be the latest flash update causing it, when i upgraded to 11.7 id have no sound on videos, try going back to 11.6 and see if that helps

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

have you tried viewing ATS in Ie9's compatibility view?

edit on 18-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Thanks, but it didn't help!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Didn't work, but thanks!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

That's a bummer cause I really want you to see this video...

ha ha ho ho he he!

I don''t know what the problem is with your browser.....I would stick with firefox

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thanks! I did see it. If I click on the youtube link at the bottom of the window, a new tab opens to youtube with the video ready to play.

Have you ever heard of Dr. Demento? When I was a teenager he had a radio show that played "demented" songs. I heard the original "Their Coming To Take Me Away" by Napoleon the XIV on his show.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I was a huge Dr Demento fan, used to sit at my friends house and we would record the shows every...Sunday I think it was.

The original was good! The remake I like just cause the guy sounds so demented

edit on 19-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I've never been able to see videos on ATS.

I think it has something to do with serving the videos cross-domain. I have thousands of bad malware / tracking domains blocked in my hosts file; the vids could be served from one of them.

I doubt I am missing much.

top topics

join