It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA finds portals near earth and have discovered how to find them.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slugworth
I always get a good laugh from reading what people said was impossible in the past. They were absolutely certain that transoceanic travel, long distance communication, surgery, flight, or steam engines, miniaturized electronics, and every other currently mundane technology were impossible. They laughed at the people who dared to dream about future possibilities.

Yeah, I always get a good laugh too from reading posts from people who recklessly assume that they understand what another poster was trying to say. Course, it happens a lot on the internet, and more often in forums so it's not really a big deal.

Nah my friend, I am very open minded, and I understand your point. Much like those who thought that the Earth was flat, but went on to prove that it was indeed round. I am more open minded than closed, I know that.

Anyway, Everything you listed concerns Earthly matters. However, Planets, Solar Systems and stars that are light years away are an entire different focus of discussion. Human ambition has nothing to do with whether a Portal or Black Hole exists or not. I believe that was my point that you're missing. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
"Human ambition has nothing to do with whether a Portal or Black Hole exists or not. I believe that was my point that you're missing."

Actually it has a lot to do with human ambition. By that I mean if there was a way to travel without the issue of obstructions that would be a big deal.

Any thoughts?
edit on 20-5-2013 by Kashai because: Modifed content

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Yeah, I always get a good laugh too from reading posts from people who recklessly assume that they understand what another poster was trying to say.

I didn't make any assumptions. You referred to speculation about the possible usefulness of studying the phenomenon as "reckless" and "hyper bloated drivel". You go on to describe the people participating in the speculation as "miserable, condescending and very, very lonely souls" who cause you to "get a good laugh". It is not an assumption to conclude, based on those statements, that you do not consider the discussion to be valuable and that you have a low opinion of anyone who dares to speculate. My conclusion that you are making falsely authoritative judgements of these speculations is a deduction based on your statements, which is very different from an assumption. If any assumption was made it was made by you when you referred to people as "so-called experts" despite the fact that nobody claimed expertise. Given the lack of expertise claims by other people your assertion that others are "attempting to sound like they know anything" seems to imply that you believe you have some level of expertise that the others lack. Ironically, you follow this up with a statement about hypocrisy.

Anyway, Everything you listed concerns Earthly matters. However, Planets, Solar Systems and stars that are light years away are an entire different focus of discussion.

I do not see any clear distinction between "earthly matters" and the rest of the universe. Earth is a part of the universe, and earthly matters are universal matters. Anything that affects earth also affects the universe, and anything that affects the universe also affects earth.

Human ambition has nothing to do with whether a Portal or Black Hole exists or not. I believe that was my point that you're missing.

Human ambition has nothing to do with whether an ocean exists either. The ocean was there long before anyone attempted to explore its surface, dive deep underneath it, extract minerals or fresh water from it, harvest animals or plants from it, or any number of other things that humans have utilized oceans for. I'm not missing your point. I just find it short sighted.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by K9millionaire
reply to post by LastStarfighter

I do not believe it is possible in the sense of being energy efficient either. If a breakthrough with fusion energy is going to happen (which it very well may not due to forces who have too much to lose if it works) I believe it will be in another fashion. The toroidal system was our first attempt at it, now we must look at other means. (perhaps cold fusion, or my best bet is we will develop a way to manipulate gravity and use that to house the reactions)

True that goods points.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

Torus configurations are nothing to be sneezed at and further they are relevant to fusion in nature.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slugworth
I didn't make any assumptions.

Yeah you did, about me.

You to speculation about the possible usefulness of studying the phenomenon as "reckless" and "hyper bloated drivel". You go on to describe the people participating in the speculation as "miserable, condescending and very, very lonely souls" who cause you to "get a good laugh".

Let's be clear, I was talking about those that just assume that Portals or Black Holes exist, even though they have never been anywhere near close enough to study them. And let me be clear again, I was talking about those who attempt to present these theories as truth, not any posters opinions here.

It is not an assumption to conclude, based on those statements, that you do not consider the discussion to be valuable and that you have a low opinion of anyone who dares to speculate.

You sure have a habit of being wrong. Actually, I am one who is always defending the right to give one's opinions here without being attacked, only you're too new here to comprehend that.

Everything and anything should be discussed, and it does not matter if one individual dislikes that discussion, cause the discussion will go on. You have no idea how wrong you're about that label.

I'm not missing your point. I just find it short sighted.

You're missing common sense while drunk on your high Judgemental horse. No, I don't believe that these scientists know much of anything about Portals or Black Holes, period.

Discussing these things that exist in the Universe however? I live and come here for it. Try researching my posts and then maybe you will realize how you painted me with the wrong brush cause I didn't want to open wide and swallow with a smile every time I am fed some bull# from NASA or whoever else. ~$heopleNation
edit on 21-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks for that link! ...This is very cool stuff. Love it. Clicked on another link in your article, leading back to a 2008 text on portals or "FTE's," and then found the 2008 ATS thread.

ATS 2008: Magnetic Portals Connect Sun and Earth
You're welcome and nice find. I joined ATS in 2009 so I missed that 2008 thread, but it's a highly related topic. The main difference seems to be that the magnetic reconnection events in that thread happen near the sun, and this latest thread talks about spacecraft that will measure magnetic reconnection events happening closer to Earth, but they are basically very similar and related phenomena.

It's also a rebuttal to people who claim scientists are stuck in a rut, because it describes how they are learning new things and not stuck in a rut at all.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hypothetically speaking lets say it was possible to send a person back in time 200 years. The idea for the trip was for the person to contact the proper authorities and teach them everything we know. The result in theory would be that life would be much better if people alive 200 years ago knew everything we today know.

In reality such a scenario will like end in the person sent being burned alive as a witch or sentenced to a mental facility of the time, even perhaps lobotomized in the then standard.

What is life 200 years from now like??

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I wonder where they lead to?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by K9millionaire
reply to post by Bedlam

The issue with toroidal fusion is not a lack of understanding in the field of magnetics or magnetic connections. Instead it involves the physics at play and the fact that it is a negative energy system creating far less energy than it consumes.

Reconnection faults are how the plasma gets out of the toroid and hits the wall.

If you could stop that, you'd get a lot farther with toroidal fusion. It's the reconnection problems they're fighting now.

ITER, if they can keep this a bit more under control, may actually reach 'bookkeeping' breakeven. But it would be a lot easier if the toroid could be kept stable and the plasma kept in the ring, instead of popping through.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

This is just another fine example of how little we know about physics, and the world in general outside of our little sphere.

Most of that world is plasma, which is the state most matter in the universe exists.

Fire, electricity, fission, fusion all plasma states of matter.

The first one and in practical terms the last one, the middle two, no.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

While this is true, the issue still remains not from a lack of understanding, but from the fact that these magnetic connections are relatively unstable by their very nature, which is well understood in basic physics. These "portals" or more specifically "random temporary connections between the earth and sun's magnetic field lines", are just as unstable and exhibit no new behaviors as far as magnetism is concerned. The surprising issue in all of this is that the connections have been made over 93 million miles, but even that is not shocking considering how powerful and large the sun's magnetic field is.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by K9millionaire

I disagree, sir. Magnetic reconnection is known OF, but not fully understood. It's one of those fields that really doesn't have a large body of research. DOE and NSF are enthusiastically chucking money and researchers at it. Like the satellite cluster in the OP - they want to study what's going on in more detail.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Good point, and far be it for me to declare we know everything or anything about any field of science, but I do believe there is no breakthrough waiting here and that magnetism will not end up being the means through which we achieve stable fusion. Of course I could be wrong, and I wont be too upset if thats the case

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by K9millionaire

In relation to instability today one can fly without power with a parachute designed like a wing. I mean with the correct equipment jumping of a cliff can be real fun.

What about before powered flight??

In relation to the matter of Kerr Black holes there is research to present that they could be wormholes.

Yes the scale of this is impressive and in so far as the suns heliosphere it clearly was not expected.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

I was checking out a totally unrelated topic and found this discussing how NASA found portals in our solar system at what's called X points. A NASA researcher showed how particles travel through magnetic portals 93 million miles! The weirdest part is we dont know why they are there. Since i missed this i figured a lot of other people have to my only question is does it have any implications for space travel ill let you watch the video and then i can tell you what i mean.

Sure, If your idea of space travel involves flying 93 million miles into the surface of the Sun and your certain demise. Seriously though I doubt it, from what I got its something caused by solar rays and our earths magnetic fields, so I don't see how this would facilitate travels other than as I stated from a planet to its Sun.
edit on 27-5-2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: spelling

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join