It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA finds portals near earth and have discovered how to find them.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
reply to post by TruthSeekersRUS

It is beyond hypothesis these things exist.

Any thoughts?
edit on 19-5-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

You make it sound like a theory.
edit on 19-5-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekersRUS

The phenomenon is an aspect of nature as human development is an aspect of nature or for that matter tree's are an aspect of nature.

edit on 19-5-2013 by Kashai because: added content

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have been reading a lot about these solar related discoveries over the last few years and I have always found it intensly interesting, especially with the impending Solar Maximum that we are into this year. The only problem is that when I try to discuss these type of subjects with friends or co-workers, I get the strangest looks and comments. I just don't find conversations about little Johnny's soccer game last night to be very stimulating though I have small children myself. I guess that is why I come to places like this where the topics can be this interesting and informative. Our magnetoshere has really been taking a pounding these past few and portals like these are appearing more frequently it seems. Should be an interesting Summer.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 19-5-2013 by BennyHavensOh because: Double Post

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

The definition of a portal is essentially an opening. Simple enough, but lets not plead ignorant here to the fact that the way portal is being used in this article conjures up images of metaphysical conceptual science.
What we have here is are small areas in space where the sun and earth's magnetic fields have essentially canceled each other out and neither impacts the course of electrically charged particles. Nothing to big really.
Sorry to be a debbie downer lol, but as always...truth first

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

The particle is not exactly free of all obstruction. To clarify, the particle is free from the forces of magnetism given off by both the sun and the earth. The matter/energy will still collide with other matter/energy the same as if it was not in the "portal". The point here is that it will not get sucked into the magnetic field lines that electrically charged particles normally do. That is all

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by K9millionaire

Well, there go my thoughts for a trash free Earth.

edit on 19-5-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by K9millionaire

That is why they should have called it a tunnel but otherwise traveling though space without an exacting map is hazardous.

I mean God forbid one is traveling at 9 times the speed of light as in has been assessed by NASA as worthy of investigation. And one smacks right into an undiscovered Asteroid I mean that sucker is going to do what, when your ship incorporated with a space/time envelope happens to run into it.

God forbid there are not any planets in the path of its new trajectory.

This is a tunnel there are no obstructions and yes that is different with respect to what generally happens when one is traveling 1/3 to 1/5 the speed of light. Granted, faster than that the issue of time dilation comes up but at those speeds? An impact with an unknown asteroid just cost us several billion dollars and many lives however one would want to count it.

Any thoughts?

edit on 19-5-2013 by Kashai because: Added and modifed content

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I'm not sure how to respond honestly. This has very little impact so far as space travel in concerned. Nothing about these temporary merging of two bodies magnetic fields is unusual, its simply surprising to see it happen across 93 million miles.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Exactly but dose not Saturn not also have an Aurora......What about Jupiter, Neptune and Uranus?
edit on 19-5-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
I'm friggin' fascinated by portals so much that I fantasize that I wake up during one night and witness this beautiful purple vortex/portal and it's just waiting for me to jump in...I don't care where it leads me to. Just the thought of it thrills me to the extreme.

Im 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure if ypu jumped through it you would end up dead.

Chances are you would end up vaporised.

Even if you did make it through in one piece you would likely be dumped in the vaccum of space which = Quick death.

Hell even if you ended up on a planet which would be 1 in a trillion chance then you would ether be crushed, burned alive or frozen before you suffocated.

Maybe that's where your portal will take you, but my portals are optimistic in nature. It will lead me into a beautiful area in nature full of sunflowers.

link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by Slugworth
Very cool! I love it any time science-fiction loses a bit of the fiction and gets closer to science. Thanks for sharing!

I think science fiction kind of sets goals in science first the imagination comes up with an idea and science tries to see if its possible.

"We have long known that good science fiction isn’t really about the future but about the present. Contemporary situations, concerns and trajectories of development are stretched to fit an altered framework, and from this strange viewpoint, we reach new insights. This means that good science fiction isn’t prediction, but a reflection about today’s zeitgeist and the qualities of the new world encoded in it."

edit on 19-5-2013 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummmmm...wow.

I'm friggin' fascinated by portals so much that I fantasize that I wake up during one night and witness this beautiful purple vortex/portal and it's just waiting for me to jump in...I don't care where it leads me to. Just the thought of it thrills me to the extreme.

You bet wow.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Somewhat unrelated but i'll bite. The auroras on the gas giants are caused by the enormous atmospheres of these planets and their respective magnetic fields, not solar wind as is the case with the earth.
Saturn's aurora are unique in their brightness and the physics behind them are not understood and probably unique to the planet.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
why anyone would still believe anything out of the mouths of the great green
spacebeast nasa continues to be beyond me.
even when they are telling the truth, you just know they are lying!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Im 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure if ypu jumped through it you would end up dead.

Chances are you would end up vaporised.

Even if you did make it through in one piece you would likely be dumped in the vaccum of space which = Quick death.

Hell even if you ended up on a planet which would be 1 in a trillion chance then you would ether be crushed, burned alive or frozen before you suffocated.

Maybe that's where your portal will take you, but my portals are optimistic in nature. It will lead me into a beautiful area in nature full of sunflowers.

Trying blind folding yourself and shooting a target 1 mile away while on lsd and time that by a million that is how likely a natural portal is to be good,

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Sounds like just more hyper bloated drivel. Portals and black holes? Nothing but reckless speculation until we as a species can travel far enough to get a closer look (by a more powerful scope or possibly a craft with the same) in order to do some serious hands on research and scientific study.

Yuh know, I always get a good laugh over how these so-called experts already assume that they know what will happen if, and whenever when, we even get within a few light years, million miles or whatever their claims are today, from exactly what they are attempting to sound like they know anything about whatsoever? It's hypocrisy at it's finest.

At the end of the day though, when they are discussing areas of the universe at such a vast unimaginable distance, they sound just like a few of the wanna be know it all yes man scientists or Physists here who ridicule every single poster day in and day out who just have a simple interest in discussing anything to do with the Cosmos.

It had to be said, and We all know who they are. They are clearly miserable, condescending and very, very lonely souls. Anyway, Portals have not been proven to exist as of yet, period. Nothing personal with the OP either, because I love threads like this, so thank you OP.

So In my opinion, Portals are another Science Fiction fantasy until we can 100% prove that they exist. I do hope that we can prove their existence some day in the very near future. I just don't believe that we truly have as of yet my friends. Best wishes to you all. ~$heopleNation
edit on 20-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
Portals are another Science Fiction fantasy until we can 100% prove that they exist.

So then as per your analogy, God is pure science fiction too because there's no 100% proof that 'He' exists! But you still go to church?
Now go tell the pope that!!

Anyway,

These portals have probably already been discovered decades ago but kept secret by the PTB. Some say that black project astronauts use these portals to travel frequently to a base on Mars and back! (Alternative 3?)

This may sound as the rantings of a delirious sci-fi mind, but who knows? It may be true after all!
The truth is out there!

edit on 20-5-2013 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
So then as per your analogy, God is pure science fiction too because there's no 100% proof that 'He' exists! But you still go to church?
Now go tell the pope that!!

Do you even know me, cause I don't know you! LMAO! Church? My Temple is The Universe. Then again, you never even asked?

Anyway,

No not really. How can you assume that someone is Catholic, or even a Christian without ever even asking them? Ok, just a sarcastic remark, I get it my friend. LOL!

These portals have probably already been discovered decades ago but kept secret by the PTB. Some say that black project astronauts use these portals to travel frequently to a base on Mars and back! (Alternative 3?)

This subject could very well be included in our Governments Top Secret Black Space Program, I can't varify that it is.

This may sound as the rantings of a delirious sci-fi mind, but who knows? It may be true after all!
The truth is out there!

Not at all, actually you're finally making some sense.

~$heopleNation
edit on 20-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by K9millionaire
reply to post by Kashai

The definition of a portal is essentially an opening. Simple enough, but lets not plead ignorant here to the fact that the way portal is being used in this article conjures up images of metaphysical conceptual science.
What we have here is are small areas in space where the sun and earth's magnetic fields have essentially canceled each other out and neither impacts the course of electrically charged particles. Nothing to big really.
Sorry to be a debbie downer lol, but as always...truth first

Agreed. They have and always will be here. If we can find a use and actually use it that will be another thing. Science will always discover and play out new things, but can we time travel through these portals, or would we die even touching it. These new probes in 2015 will hopefully give us some new info on that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join