It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NASA finds portals near earth and have discovered how to find them.

page: 3
73
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
I'm friggin' fascinated by portals so much that I fantasize that I wake up during one night and witness this beautiful purple vortex/portal and it's just waiting for me to jump in...I don't care where it leads me to. Just the thought of it thrills me to the extreme.


Im 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure if ypu jumped through it you would end up dead.

Chances are you would end up vaporised.

Even if you did make it through in one piece you would likely be dumped in the vaccum of space which = Quick death.

Hell even if you ended up on a planet which would be 1 in a trillion chance then you would ether be crushed, burned alive or frozen before you suffocated.




posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam
 


Such a party pooper. But that seems right, they hardly mean a way of teleportation at this time. And when one reads the title would think they've given the explanation to the Bermuda and other anomalous places of the magnetosphere, or how the Pyramids and other monuments are built at places as if understanding the Earth's magnetic sphere or energy, alas nothing like that was found.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So what now,send a probe?See if we can get it back?



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
A step by step guide to quelling scientific imagination, and looking silly for it later:

Step 1 - Find a new observation that causes people to wonder about the extrapolated possibilities: Sound can be converted to electricity...This could be used to communicate over great distances, perhaps even between continents separated by oceans!

Step 2 - Point out the reasons that the discovery does not fully explain the potential usefulness of the earlier extrapolated conclusion: The electrical signals need to travel through wires, and wires cannot be installed across an ocean. Even if such a long wire could be installed there is no way to insulate it against the environment. Therefore, instant transoceanic communication via electrical signal is impossible.

And then, it happens anyway because someone figures out how to insulate the wires to create cables, and how to install the cables between continents. Later, radio and satellites become possible, in no small part because of the earlier advances in cable communications. The initial naysayers are henceforth viewed as scientifically myopic and rightly ridiculed.

The fact that the discovery described in the video has no current usage as far as travel or communication is concerned does not mean that it will never be a piece of that puzzle. I have no idea what this discovery really means, and would not pretend to have a deep understanding of the physics being discussed. What I gather from the video is that a type of hole has been found in a natural barrier previously not thought to have holes in it. Even if it is not in itself a grand solution to space travel or communication it does sound like a useful piece of that puzzle.
edit on 5/19/2013 by Slugworth because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by Arbitrageur
 


What interests me is it shows something we didn't know that magnetic field actually effect space time. Einstein would freak out at this we all know gravity effects space time but magnetism? This is the reason we have no idea what causes this and opens up the door for some interesting future applications. If and granted it a really big if you can generate magnetic fields through space that indeed connects two points well let your imagination run wild lol.


This webpage is interesting - the plasma ions ejected from the Sun as solar wind actually modify the Sun's magnetic field:

www.phy6.org...

There's also science experiment with neodymium magnets thats shows that it is possible to create Lagrange points with magnetic fields surrounding disc magnets. Take one large magnet, place six smaller ones around it, and another small one in a fixed "geostationary orbit" around these. It essentially becomes locked in place.

Lagrange points with gravity are used to place satellites in a stable orbit between two gravitational objects like the Moon/Earth or the Earth/Sun.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slugworth
A step by step guide to quelling scientific imagination, and looking silly for it later:

Step 1 - Find a new observation that causes people to wonder about the extrapolated possibilities: Sound can be converted to electricity...This could be used to communicate over great distances, perhaps even between continents separated by oceans!

Step 2 - Point out the reasons that the discovery does not fully explain the potential usefulness of the earlier extrapolated conclusion: The electrical signals need to travel through wires, and wires cannot be installed across an ocean. Even if such a long wire could be installed there is no way to insulate it against the environment. Therefore, instant transoceanic communication via electrical signal is impossible.

And then, it happens anyway because someone figures out how to insulate the wires to create cables, and how to install the cables between continents. Later, radio and satellites become possible, in no small part because of the earlier advances in cable communications. The initial naysayers are henceforth viewed as scientifically myopic and rightly ridiculed.

The fact that the discovery described in the video has no current usage as far as travel or communication is concerned does not mean that it will never be a piece of that puzzle. I have no idea what this discovery really means, and would not pretend to have a deep understanding of the physics being discussed. What I gather from the video is that a type of hole has been found in a natural barrier previously not thought to have holes in it. Even if it is not in itself a grand solution to space travel or communication it does sound like a useful piece of that puzzle.
edit on 5/19/2013 by Slugworth because: (no reason given)



Well your right you never know how a discovery can be used Microwaves were invented using a world war 2 radar system percy spencer was working on an active radar set when he noticed that a Mr. Goodbar he had in his pocket started to melt - the radar had melted his chocolate bar with microwaves. The first food to be deliberately cooked with Spencer's microwave was popcorn, and the second was an egg, which exploded in the face of one of the experimenters.The other funny thing i always wondered the chocolate bar melted in his pocket and he didnt notice things getting warm. But any way one discovery does tend to lead to others so who knows.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Very interesting, but I believe that the use of the word "portal" is misleading.
It does not appear that these "portals" allow for matter or energy to defy the laws of physics and travel
great distances faster than the speed of light.
Instead, it allows charged particles to flow free of obstruction from either the sun or earths magnetic fields.
Like i said it is interesting, but perhaps misleading/sensationalized.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by K9millionaire
 


Free of obstruction is actually very interesting.

That is what by definition is a portal or tunnel.

Further
edit on 19-5-2013 by Kashai because: Added content



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Ummmmm...wow.



Originally posted by PurpleVortex
I'm friggin' fascinated by portals so much that I fantasize that I wake up during one night and witness this beautiful purple vortex/portal and it's just waiting for me to jump in...I don't care where it leads me to. Just the thought of it thrills me to the extreme.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace
 


A difference between Metaphysic's and Physic's is that quantum interactions are relevant only to free floating particles.

There s of course absolutely no evidence for that but conservative scientist insist that things are different.


Any thoughts?



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
reply to post by K9millionaire
 


Free of obstruction is actually very interesting.

That is what by definition is a portal or tunnel.

Further
edit on 19-5-2013 by Kashai because: Added content


thanks for that article that was one of the questions i was wondering how magnetic fields can even form a tunnel and apparently NASA doesnt know either.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
reply to post by K9millionaire
 


Free of obstruction is actually very interesting.

That is what by definition is a portal or tunnel.

Further
edit on 19-5-2013 by Kashai because: Added content


thanks for that article that was one of the questions i was wondering how magnetic fields can even form a tunnel and apparently NASA doesnt know either.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr
 


Which is why they are sending satellites that are able to operate in tangent.

When it comes to robotics these are pretty much the more advanced robotic technology we have.

Also very interesting with respect to the article in relation to how important this really could be.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
What like a stairway to heaven?


Precisely.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So I guess NASA needs sensationalist headlines to keep people interested and themselves funded.

I'm never not disappointed when a recent scientific discovery is compared to science fiction.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx
 


The idea that an object can travel free from obstruction between the Sun and Earth, especially if it is the size of a particle is quite fascinating.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
reply to post by jessejamesxx
 


The idea that an object can travel free from obstruction between the Sun and Earth, especially if it is the size of a particle is quite fascinating.


Did you read how big it can get it said in the article the diameter of the earth itself!!!!!



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr
 


Size is relative and this is a stream of particles or a particle stream



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
From what I can see this is nothing more then a hypothesis. Pretty cool tho huh? I can only think of one application this would be good for if it were true. Trash Disposal by incineration using our celestial star.



posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekersRUS
 


It is beyond hypothesis these things exist.

Any thoughts?
edit on 19-5-2013 by Kashai because: Added content



new topics

top topics



 
73
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join