It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA finds portals near earth and have discovered how to find them.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I was checking out a totally unrelated topic and found this discussing how NASA found portals in our solar system at what's called X points. A NASA researcher showed how particles travel through magnetic portals 93 million miles! The weirdest part is we dont know why they are there. Since i missed this i figured a lot of other people have to my only question is does it have any implications for space travel ill let you watch the video and then i can tell you what i mean.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I read about these lines of connection a while ago. It's nice to see them on video though, I don't have to create pictures in my mind all the time.S&F

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm friggin' fascinated by portals so much that I fantasize that I wake up during one night and witness this beautiful purple vortex/portal and it's just waiting for me to jump in...I don't care where it leads me to. Just the thought of it thrills me to the extreme.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Very cool! I love it any time science-fiction loses a bit of the fiction and gets closer to science. Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
An ex-sorcerer from New Zealand named Ian Clayton has experienced some type of portal travel.

He calls it transrelocation. (decribed in the below video)

He has traveled frequently both in the spirit and in his physical body to different locations.

Some people in the UK have nick named Ian the "Shredder" because of their encounters with Ian while astral projecting.

zechariah14v7 4 months ago
Bruce Allen gave an account of a similar type of portal, and even characterized it as a kind of escape portal. he was transrelocated to an Aussie city. he did not try to take anything back with him, but when he approached the door that opened to the city streets, he was told not to, then was told to go back.

RobotRaptor12 1 month ago
There is a book called 'Gazing Into Glory' by Bruce Allen and he teaches how to see into the realm of the spirit and how to translocate. Look him up on youtube with Sid Roth and type 'translation by faith' in google and you will find him teaching in crossworld or something

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slugworth
Very cool! I love it any time science-fiction loses a bit of the fiction and gets closer to science. Thanks for sharing!

I think science fiction kind of sets goals in science first the imagination comes up with an idea and science tries to see if its possible. What i find interesting is this could be used to travel around the solar system alot quicker. Why couldnt a ship wait detect a portal jump on in and cut alot of time off of a trip??

+4 more 
posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

I was checking out a totally unrelated topic and found this discussing how NASA found portals in our solar system at what's called X points. A NASA researcher showed how particles travel through magnetic portals 93 million miles! The weirdest part is we dont know why they are there. Since i missed this i figured a lot of other people have to my only question is does it have any implications for space travel ill let you watch the video and then i can tell you what i mean.
This link has a transcript of the video for anyone who prefers to read that over watching the video.

NASA says they "sort of" exist:

Hidden Portals in Earth's Magnetic Field

If only they actually existed....

It turns out that they do, sort of
If you're a high energy particle, like an electron or a proton, you can take quite a ride from one of these things and end up as part of Earth's aurora borealis. But if you're not a high energy particle, it's not much of a portal, which I'm guessing is why NASA says it's "sort of" a portal.

But since it's based on magnetic reconnection then I guess EU proponents don't get any portals because they think magnetic reconnection is a myth

The Myth of Magnetic Reconnection

In any case, the new spacecraft should help collect some valuable data so this phenomenon can be better understood.

Originally posted by Murgatroid
An ex-sorcerer from New Zealand named Ian Clayton has experienced some type of portal travel.

He calls it transrelocation. (decribed in the below video)

He has traveled frequently both in the spirit and in his physical body to different locations.
Somehow that doesn't sound very scientific, for the science forum.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

What interests me is it shows something we didn't know that magnetic field actually effect space time. Einstein would freak out at this we all know gravity effects space time but magnetism? This is the reason we have no idea what causes this and opens up the door for some interesting future applications. If and granted it a really big if you can generate magnetic fields through space that indeed connects two points well let your imagination run wild lol.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Don Juan calls it the crack between the worlds.....
Which men can learn to step through to elsewhere.....

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

I really dont think this is a step through kinda thing considering they're located in the magnetosphere. Im just curious and would love someone to explain how any kind of magnetism effect space time?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I really dont think this is a step through kinda thing considering they're located in the magnetosphere. Im just curious and would love someone to explain how any kind of magnetism effect space time?

Does the video actually infer that, I'm not so sure that it does. It says firstly, "Portals in space or time" all the other references are to Portals while given as "They" are alluding to space portals in the given example a space opening, not as in the opening line, "Portals in space or time"
edit on 18-5-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

I really don't think this is a step through kinda thing considering they're located in the magnetosphere. Im just curious and would love someone to explain how any kind of magnetism effect space time?

Does the video actually infer that, I'm not so sure that it does.

What I understand so far is we don’t know how these high energy particles are or why they are being transferred or why for that matter. However if a tunnel is being created through space then there is something going on here we don’t understand how two points 93 million miles apart can be connected??? It’s really not supposed to work that way that’s why I am so intrigued.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This has come up numerous times before. They are not 'portals' as you may think they are. Rather they are 'tunnels' for particles to travel through, unaffected by the Sun's or the Earth's magnetic field. Not folds in time or space or wormholes, or anything metaphysical in nature.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What like a stairway to heaven?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Those who only have a limited understanding of certain aspects of science seem to associate things that probably should not be associated. For instance, we know from quantum mechanics that particles can do crazy things, but this does not mean that these strange things are possible for something like a human. Just because a particle can exist in two places at once does not mean it is possible for a person. Just because a black hole could theoretically connect to points in space does not mean a person could travel through it. But with further understanding of these phenomena it is possible that in the future we will know and do more. Whoever said science fiction offers science something to shoot for is absolutely correct. And the truth is that anything we can dream from a technological standpoint may one day be possible...

But this is not a portal that a person can use, from what I can see Nasa is saying. But something that is interesting, and possibly related, has to do with "time slips" that I have read about. I for one know to be careful when believing everything I read, because there are sick people out there who try to pass off fantasy as fact. But, there have been enough cases of strange happenings with time and space to suggest that something is actually going on. And if this is true then there are huge implications for physics and science in general. I honestly wish however that science was more open to things that cannot be observed at the moment. We have missed out on so much of what humans are potentially capable of because these things are not directly observable at the moment, or are not provable.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
This has come up numerous times before. They are not 'portals' as you may think they are. Rather they are 'tunnels' for particles to travel through, unaffected by the Sun's or the Earth's magnetic field. Not folds in time or space or wormholes, or anything metaphysical in nature.

That is not right, but I'm off to bed now. Someone else stateside will likely go into that.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I was checking out a totally unrelated topic and found this discussing how NASA found portals in our solar system at what's called X points. A NASA researcher showed how particles travel through magnetic portals 93 million miles!

Only in this case, not quite. What they're telling you is that the particles travel from the Sun to Earth, 93 million miles, and then, instead of being guided around the Earth by the magnetosphere, they pass through it at x-points, and strike the Earth's upper atmosphere.

The particles are not suddenly jumping 93 million miles from the Sun to the Earth, they're passing through holes in the magnetosphere once they get here. Those holes do not always exist. But occasionally they do. And when they do, the particles are able to pass through and reach the Earth, where normally they'd be guided around.

It's not some sort of "wormhole" or "stargate", it's a null point in the magnetosphere where the Sun's field and the Earth's interact to cancel out in a region, temporarily.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

No this is a portal it allows energetic particles to travel through it from the sun. If it was just a stream of particles that happens every single day. Also in the video it didn't say anything about avoiding magnetic fields actually it slams into it even in the video they mention it creates auroras which is energized particles in the magnitospere. If it creates a conduit through which particles can travel then there is a connection between 2 points in space. That if you go by physics allows energy to be transferred from one location to another. This has been done in labs in plasma physics however in space its slightly different. These connections shouldn't be happening at 93 million miles and allowing plasma transfers so my question is what's going on here?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

No this is a portal it allows energetic particles to travel through it from the sun.

Re-arrange that a bit, you'll have it - this is a portal, it allows energetic particles from the sun to travel through it.

If it was just a stream of particles that happens every single day. Also in the video it didn't say anything about avoiding magnetic fields actually it slams into it even in the video they mention it creates auroras which is energized particles in the magnitospere.

The video says they cause auroras when they pass through the holes in the magnetosphere instead of going around.

If it creates a conduit through which particles can travel then there is a connection between 2 points in space.

Yes, one that's 93 million miles long, and the particles travel every foot of the way, it's just that when they get here they pass through the magnetosphere.

They don't jump magically from the sun to the earth without traversing the distance, and the video never says they do.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You also have to understand that what you're getting from NASA is not a scientific paper, it's a dumbed-down popularized pabulum that's designed to entice you to watch it, but in that process it can simply be more confusing.

Here's one that's still bad but not quite as atrociously misleading.

Researchers have long known that the Earth and sun must be connected. Earth's magnetosphere (the magnetic bubble that surrounds our planet) is filled with particles from the sun that arrive via the solar wind and penetrate the planet's magnetic defenses. They enter by following magnetic field lines that can be traced from terra firma all the way back to the sun's atmosphere.

This more directly states that they're talking about particles that somehow make it through the magnetosphere when they arrive, and that it's done by following (not magically being transported) field lines that go from earth to the sun.

On the dayside of Earth (the side closest to the sun), Earth's magnetic field presses against the sun's magnetic field. Approximately every eight minutes, the two fields briefly merge or "reconnect," forming a portal through which particles can flow.

And here, they state that where the earth's field and the sun's field meet, occasionally, the two fields merge forming a hole through which the particles get through the earth's field and strike the upper atmosphere.

When THEY say 'portal', they're talking about a hole in the magnetosphere, when YOU think 'portal', you're thinking 'stargate', that's where the disconnect occurs. "stargate" is not real, so that's never the right answer, at least when you're dealing with scientific material.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join