It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sega partners with Nintendo? Holy cow!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hey Ats,

In the latest Nintendo direct it was announced that there will be a world wide partnership with Sega and Nintendo!

In a streamed Nintendo Direct video presentation, Sega said it would bring a new Sonic the Hedgehog game, subtitled Lost World, exclusively to Wii U and 3DS. In more Sonic news, there will be a new Mario & Sonic Olympics title to tie into the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. As with previous entries in the series, it will be a minigame collection based on events like skiing, snowboarding and figure skating.

Wired.com

It also says Sega could be working on more games for Wii U!! Amazing!

Here's the Nintendo Direct presentation if you would like to know more

So Ats, what are ya'lls thoughts on this?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I find it ironic that the two biggest gaming giants of 80's and 90's have to partner up now to compete against Sony and Microsoft.

It's kind of sad watching them sink into oblivion. Nintendo lost me after the first WII. I almost purchased a WII-U then my better judgement caught up with me and I built a faster PC instead.

My opinion is that Sega and Nintendo are coming together trying to bail out a sinking ship.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Agreed, I always was a Nintendo kid growing up, and bought a Wii a few years ago, and even though it started all this motion sensor gaming that you find now everywhere else ( i think), it somehow didn't feel right.
In the end nothing stays the same, my bet is in another 10 to 20 year time even microsoft and sony will have to resort to the same thing as there will be better and more advanced competition, that is the way of technology.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Awesome! If they decide to create a Sonic vs, Mario game I might come out of hibernation and play again! Haven't bought a new system in years but if they come out with some really cool retro games I could be tempted!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by athousandlives

I think the wii was amazing but I think it was rushed just so Nintendo can be the first to introduce motion gaming. Just a thought

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here is the Mario and sonic game they showed. It's not the new game sega is making but it's the latest installment in the mario and sonic games.

edit on 18-5-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I was always a Sega fan first, Sony fan second. With them going to Nintendo, I'm a bit conflicted.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

That's cool, I grew up playing an Atari (i'm only 25 so it was ancient at the time even) and then i got an Atari Jaguar (there version of N64) never saw much of that after it was released. Finally I got a N64 and that thing was reliable and fun, just blow on the game and it worked again! My friends and I all had N64, SNES, Sega genessis and dreamcast. I always wondered what happened to all of them, nintendo seemingly never stepped up to Xbox and PS's league, and everyone grew older and out of nintendo and sega. I found the PS2 to be a good system, but now I moved to an Xbox 360. PS3 is very close to the Xbox 360, anyone who says one or the other is garbage is biased, they each are great, and have their own advantages over each other, shame that Nintendo and Sega couldn't keep up.

For motion sensor gaming, the Xbox Kinect and idk what PS3 calls theirs, they are much better than Wii. With connect when I turn my head while racing, the camera moves to see out my side windows, and there are just as many games the Kinect can be integrated in, or made for it. No controller, just tracks your movement. Since this is a conspiracy site I'll say this, DON'T LEAVE YOUR KINECT PLUGGED IN WHEN NOT IN USE, THERE IS A CAMERA IN IT AND YOUR XBOX CAN CONNECT TO THE INTERNET, if you know what i'm saying

edit on 5/19/13 by SixX18 because: Add

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I was always a Sega fan first, Sony fan second. With them going to Nintendo, I'm a bit conflicted.

same here man, wish they would've joined Sony

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm not a gamer like I was as a kid and teen in the 90's and early 2000's. My friend Paul has all the consoles and in my opinion Microsoft and Sony are much more enjoyable than anything Nintendo can put out. I just love the huge diverse library of games both online and on disc you can play. Nintendo has a lot of fun games like Mario and Pokemon. But after awhile it becomes boring and I would enjoy something like Grand Theft Auto where I can basically do anything I want in the game.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

really? thats hard to believe. it kinda depends on what type of games you like

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Maybe it's because I grew up playing Pokemon, Marion, Zelda, etc like crazy. The games are fun, but you can only make the same game so many times. What consoles are capable of today new games with new stories and characters are able to come to life in awesome ways. What I enjoy about Grand Theft Auto is both the game play and the freedom you can explore the world. There are countless other games I also like my friend currently owns or did own. I did like Pokemon Rumble and played it like crazy.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

well just have to wait for e3 then to see?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I guess so. I cannot wait to see all the new Pokemon for the six generation. So far the game looks like a good addition for the Nintendo 3DS.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

funny enough, just finished writing this

Back in the 90s then Sega compared to its competitors did provide additional features which weren’t introduced by other console manufacturers, an example of this was networking option to allow gamers to play other gamers by connecting their Dreamcast to the internet and play others.

The console did great and Sales were pretty for Sega and all things looked good for them until they were slapped with the fact that Sony were launching the Playstation 2 which shot down the sales of Sega Dreamcast, this is turn caused publishers to abandon the platform and cut their losses in producing titles for the Dreamcast where they were going to see little or no return in investment at all.

www.gamingrev.com...

Both companies did something new and brought something new to the table and both companies are sharing the same fate.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I loved the sega genesis back in the day. But does sega even exist as a game or anything company anymore? I know I think they made or published a few games here and there over the last like 20 years, but other then that I think they pretty much went extinct as a gaming force once the PlayStation 2 came out and took over there market completely.

The sega cd from back in the day was just a bad idea but somebody had to implement cds back then. Sega went out with the dreamcast, I had the dreamcast. It was not a bad system for what it was, but they just lost there mojo and got out competed by Sony Microsoft and Nintendo. Even the games they published and made as a software company were not really all they were cracked up to be, so this is really not big news. Its sad, I know, but its how all these things go, give it a few years or console cycles and we may not even see Sony or Microsoft make consoles anymore.

But for now I would not count on it. And for all we know they may still be going strong in the year 4018, the PlayStation x 21,000 or something. Hopefully if this franchise goes on that long they will come up with a better name and moniker. I don't think people want to see the PlayStation 14, or the x-box X 2 760 or whatever. You would think with all the $$ they put in marketing they would come out with a better name for them.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

funny enough, just finished writing this

Back in the 90s then Sega compared to its competitors did provide additional features which weren’t introduced by other console manufacturers, an example of this was networking option to allow gamers to play other gamers by connecting their Dreamcast to the internet and play others.

The console did great and Sales were pretty for Sega and all things looked good for them until they were slapped with the fact that Sony were launching the Playstation 2 which shot down the sales of Sega Dreamcast, this is turn caused publishers to abandon the platform and cut their losses in producing titles for the Dreamcast where they were going to see little or no return in investment at all.

www.gamingrev.com...

Both companies did something new and brought something new to the table and both companies are sharing the same fate.

It's funny no? How those who actually bring something new are sort of sealing there own fates. In the case of the console wars its easy to see, its like the first one to make something new in there systems is soon outclassed a year down the road by another company who took what they did added a few things more and bam presto took over there whole business. It's pretty much the same in real life with other things to, which is why we got the whole patent thing, because its not the genius or the company who comes out with something new that really reels in the $$ it's usually the ones who steals or copy there ideas and mass implements it at the right time. Its pretty much how Microsoft got started.

But ya I had the dreamcast, and I also bought the playstation 2. They were pretty much on par machines when they came out, in fact the dreamcast had a few better games, the only real difference was that Sony had a year or so to take what Sega did copy it, and market it better to the populous. That's why its a bad idea to create a really revolutionary and completely new thing, not only in the video games market, but in life in general, you end up basically using up all your energy, or in Sega's case there resources only to end up going extinct. Which i really don't think Sega and Nintendo partnering up is going to save them, they have the market in kiddy games and in the handheld, but give it time and that to will fade, and pretty much any new thing they do will just be done better by the bigger companies with a larger resource pool ie more $$$ to throw around.

And you know how they got that larger resource pool? By waiting around to see what the next big thing is, and stealing the ideas and re branding them, though its called revamping.
There a whole dynamic big fish living and eating off the little fish thing going on even in the videogame market. Its basically all about timing. And eventually one day everybody's time is up.
edit on 20-5-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Agreed lol, look at Apple and samsung
people and companies will always take ideas and improve on them and if the original creators dont adapt fast enough they are fish food
edit on 21-5-2013 by bodrul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Ya its sad to see sega go down the drain, I think many people had lots of fun with the old genesis systems I know I did. Nintendo is only really still around because they were smart enough to put all there efforts into certain markets which they knew they could still compete in, and which they knew they would have the room to do so because Sony and Microsoft had to focus on the overall aspect to come out on top. So they stuck to what they knew and kids market and handhelds, but in time I think that to will fall to the wayside and eventually they may go the way Sega went and have to become a software company only. Time will tell i suppose.

I am not sure but I think today Microsoft is going to have there new x-box reveal conference, the current war of the consoles is really nothing like it was. From the little I seen nobody is really coming out with anything new and revolutionary, there just basically upgrading and improving on what is already there, there both the ps4 and the new x-box even coming out around the same time this holiday season, which is usually when they come out. From what I seen there just basically PC models with more juice then the old systems, even Sony has gone that route. Which is a good move for them I think, as the old ps systems were kind of a hassle to develop for and very few companies were willing to put in the time to work with the machine and learn its ins and outs. The only thing that may be sort of new from what I heard is steambox, not even sure what that is, but really I mean it just sounds like you may as well get a PC instead of it, it really is kind of out of place.

But ya if anybody or Sony was really coming out with anything new or completely revolutionary you can beat you bottom dollar that Microsoft will not be revealing there new X-box till they got it and improved on it, and then they will be begin producing and marketing on it. Which is funny in a way if you think about it, the one who comes out first with any new revolutionary thing, is usually the loser come a year hence.
I mean pretty much all the things Sony and Microsoft are doing Nintendo came out with the idea first. And well! you know the story by now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join