It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pleased that Russia has told America enough is enough.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
US officials report the delivery to the Syrian government of Yakhont anti-ship cruise missile updated with advanced radar for extending its range and accuracy. It is designed to counter any effort by international forces to supply Syrian rebels from the sea, impose a naval embargo, establish a no-fly zone or carry out limited strikes. DEBKAfile adds: The improved Yakhont enables Syria to keep Israeli missile ships far from its coast and block troop landings..

+2 more 
posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Pleased that Russia has told America enough is enough

Russia is backing Assad, who is a mass murderer, because Assads regime is the primary purchaser of Russias weapons. It's a money thing for Russia. They turn a blind eye to Assads bloodbath.

America is backing the rebels, who are really Al Qaeda murderers, terrorists, and thugs.

Neither America nor Russia are backing THE PEOPLE who are being slaughtered.
Both America and Russia are backing evil. Plain and simple.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
US officials report the delivery to the Syrian government of Yakhont anti-ship cruise missile updated with advanced radar for extending its range and accuracy. It is designed to counter any effort by international forces to supply Syrian rebels from the sea, impose a naval embargo, establish a no-fly zone or carry out limited strikes. DEBKAfile adds: The improved Yakhont enables Syria to keep Israeli missile ships far from its coast and block troop landings..

So are you pleased, or is that what the article states coincidentally with no link to it.

Personally, Don't know how you can be pleased when Russia supply's many of the armaments that are used in the killing of innocent people, on both sides.

Both America and Russia, Iran or any other Nation needs to keep their noses out of it. MHO

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I do admit that was one clumsy spying attempt.

Is the Alphabet Agencies budgets so small they send our spies with a wig and cash?

Your "Title" seems wrong for this story.

Because again, Russia seems to be backing a loser.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I would like to see some hard evidence that the Syrian Rebels are in fact Al Qaeda.

You don't think that its possible that the Syrians voted the wrong guy in and now they are standing up for what they believe in?

You aren't hearing the real truths coming from Syria because the World Powers are afraid of an uprising.....they are afraid of the seed of rebellion being planted locally.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think it is all a ploy to stimulate the economies of a bunch of countries.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I think it is all a ploy to stimulate the economies of a bunch of countries.

Despotism ensures that one family controls a Country, with an Iron fist. How much would Assad lose financially?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The free world backs the rebels whom had saw their loved ones being systemically slaughtered, and being slimed with the long feared but now dead Al Queda, which are loosely organized and a minority compared to the free syrian people seeking for an end to the HumanSlayer Assad, his master and his puppets the animal Hizbollahs whom are trained butchers ruining Syria today.

Russia today is a corrupt country. It seeks for wealth than anything else. Syria paid good money for those missiles, and Emperor Putin along with his dogs cares nothing with whom those missiles will kill. They only seek for commercial gain and trust, and will sell their souls to the devil if the price is right.

Those missiles are not invincible and can be tracked with latest tech, and be destroyed. Putin and his dogs care not if they are destroyed, as long as they are paid, and had long been paid when the contract was signed, although as usual they will make noises, but then, they know which side of their bread is buttered - the world's consumers.

Putin is not the main enemy of the west today, though I cant say the same for the muslim majority of the world which stands at 70 to 80% sunnis today whom are only bidding time and opportunity to whack him and his country for his support and the continued slaughtering of thousands of sunnis in Syria.

The real enemy to global stability is HumanSlayer Assad with his war upon sunnis and creating massive refugees overseas to be fed and cared for by the free world, at a time when many nations are suffering recession themselves.

He had broken faith to both prophet Muhammad's teachings and international human rights laws, and will be held accountable. There is no escape for him, although the rest of his entourage can still be saved if they did the right thing now - end the slaughters and meet for dialogues to find a common ground for peace and rule of law to return in Syria.
edit on 18-5-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think its a matter of publicly showing that their are bigger fish to fry.

Everyone look over here, TERRORISTS!

Meanwhile back at home..........

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
To the OP. I am sure if the US and /or NATO deign to intervene in Syria, any serious military threats in the way would be flattened before naval assets were exposed.

A few months ago in the press (and on these Boards) people were reporting the sale of advanced anti air missiles to Syria from Russia. These “advanced missile systems” have been a fat lot of good against recent Israeli strikes against Hezbollah gun runners.

Russia is just trying to maximise income from arms sales before the door closes and Assad and his regime falls. That assumes these reports are true, which would be debatable as the OP source is (ahem) not the most reliable.

Regards

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I would like to see some hard evidence that the Syrian Rebels are in fact Al Qaeda.

You don't think that its possible that the Syrians voted the wrong guy in and now they are standing up for what they believe in?

You aren't hearing the real truths coming from Syria because the World Powers are afraid of an uprising.....they are afraid of the seed of rebellion being planted locally.

abcnews.go.com...

That large conflict is what many fear is the next chapter of Syria's brutal two-year war. As it drags on, it has grown more sectarian and more likely to spill over into neighboring countries. In the immediate term, Lebanon would be foremost among them, directly pitting Hezbollah militants against al Qaeda-linked jihadists who have flocked to Syria from across the Muslim world.

Syria's conflict is often described as a "civil war," but that is only true insofar as it has yet to spill over into another country on a large scale or draw in too many different forces. But it is the quintessential proxy war, with the Alawite (an offshoot of Shia Islam) Assad regime backed up by Shia allies Hezbollah and Iran, as well as Russia and China.

The Sunni rebels are supported by the Islamist rulers of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey, as well as the U.S., France, Britain and others.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
On thursday 6 war ships from Russia past Norway on their way to the middle east.

Russia aint going to let the US/EU attack Syria.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

The S300 also hasn't been delivered. Weapons systems aren't like buying a car where you pay for it, and you get it immediately. Some of these systems take months or years to deliver.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

So you post some MSM spin doctor crap, i don't bite.

With the Islam religion under attack from all sides, i would like to think that these people are freedom fighters.

I'm not talking about stone cold terrorists who blow up planes and crap. I'm simply talking about the Rebel faction.

They are rebels because the go against the status quot. They are against their elected government because their President is nothing more then a murderous dictator.

The MSM spoon feeds you this terrorist crap. These people fight for their rights to live, be free and not be persecuted because of their religion ECT.

Their may be some True Terrorists among them, maybe they changed allegiances? Maybe they aren't even there.

I have become so jaded to all the MSM bologna that's spewed forth.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The MSM spoon feeds you this terrorist crap. These people fight for their rights to live, be free and not be persecuted because of their religion ECT.

Well that was ridiculous taken a good look at religious theocracies across the ME?

They are anything but free, the entire political system is whatever Islam dictates.

What those 'terrorists' are fighting for is sharia law, jihad,and kill anyone who gets in their way.

That is a fact.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

America is backing the rebels, who are really Al Qaeda murderers, terrorists, and thugs.

Neither America nor Russia are backing THE PEOPLE who are being slaughtered.
Both America and Russia are backing evil. Plain and simple.

Yes, because all of the people trying to take their country back are ALL Al-Queda and Thugs.

Thats just like America revolting and people in Russia saying "All of those people are Bloods and Crips"

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A lot of it it the USA savior thought process. We must go in and tell these people how to live and disband the terrorists because they effect every ones way of life.

Or is it that we are so wrapped up in being morally superior to everyone, that we have to inter-vein in their business.

We are the world police, morally superior, we must go clean the ME so the world will thank us for getting rid of the terrorists.....The ones the ABC agencies created in the 80's

edit on 18-5-2013 by shaneslaughta because: Scarcasam :p

edit on 18-5-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
With the Islam religion under attack from all sides,...

Dude .... the civil war in Syria is not about Islam being attacked.
It's about Assad being a mass murdering butcher of the people of Syria.
It's about Russia arming Assads regime as much as possible, so Russia makes $$.
It's about Al-Qaeda rebels getting a foothold in Syria to further radical Islam.
It's about THE PEOPLE being stuck between two murdering factions ...
But it definately is NOT about Islam being attacked.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Dude The Taliban was created in the 80's by the CIA, trained and armed to fight the Russians occupation.
We funded them billions in military aid.

Do you really think that one group of rag tag soldiers just up and retaliated against us? or should i say the US.

What now because they ran to Syria they have safe harbor.....because there is no way the USA would piss off Russia?

What do we do? spend billions and billions over the next 20 years chasing these people all over the middle east, while our economy tanks?

Certainly cant carpet bomb the place. Oh hey look another EVIL DICTATOR........come on too convenient.

We have so many military bases, and our allies bases, that we pretty much have global strike capabilities. and I'm not talking ICBMs.

There is a lot more going on here than meets the eye. Its way too convenient to have another SADDAM right next door to a decade plus war to rid Iraq of their evil dictator problems.

Pull those blinders off people. What is there, in the middle east? Oil.

It was the answer to a civil war, create the Taliban and fight the Russians instead of your selves. Oh by the way.......there is this pipeline we need kept open.

What i see is a global chess game, i just don't know to what end.

That post you quoted was a mistake of mine, i was working on a point that i could never develop and i didn't mean to post it. Too many tabs open, or too many irons in the fire.

edit on 18-5-2013 by shaneslaughta because: fix and empty block

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Rooting for Russia is like rooting for a team that’s not even going to take the field!

He’s showing a little bit of solidarity with his business connection in the ME…nothing more. It’s no different than what US is supposedly doing for the anti-Assad side. This isn’t anything alarming or even new.

Despite your fantasies, Putin knows better than to start a conflict with US (unless of course there was some backdoor deal where Obama agreed to capitulate…HEY, it could happen
).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join