It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is not a Head Orgasm...Pervs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
My mind is officially blown. I had no idea this was a "thing".
I have experienced this my whole life. The first time was when I was about 10 years old. I remember seeing someone next to me reading a magazine. Just the way he was standing, reading, looking, unaware of his surroundings, my whole head and body was totally filled with tingles, I'll never forget it. Over the years, its happens a few times a year and it must be unintentional, the person must not have any idea what thet are doing. Sometimes it's a person shopping or reading. Sometimes its seeing a youtube video and the person has no idea they are speaking in a way that triggers it. The ASMR videos do not work. I know this sounds weird, but the seeingufospa person, when she is speaking in her videos, totally triggers me. I watched her stuff first for the ufo's then for her. Bob Ross did it before I watched it for that purpose, so now it doesnt work. I almost have to stumble upon a situation. I work on the phones, sometimes a persons voice will do it and I try to keep them on the phone longer. Also, I will save voicemails from people who leave me a message that triggers it. So WEIRD I had no idea this happens to other people.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JRM37

I am kinda proud to be a part of your mind-blow. It reminds me of back when the same thing happened to me. From the little that you have shared it seems you and I have very similar triggers. Now I want to check out those UFO videos you mentioned

I remember I was at a large bookstore once in front of the magazine wall. There were a good dozen people searching through them or sitting down in a nearby chair to leaf through the ones they'd chosen...and it was bliss. I had to pretend to look through a magazine just so I wouldn't be caught in a drooling daze.
Just recently I got one of those phone messages from the police department about a prescription drug drop-off and I repeated the message twice because the speaker had such a nice voice.
If I had played the message a third time though it probably would have a significantly lessened effect--just like how my other attempts to go to a bookstore to hang around shoppers has never elicited that first response.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Interesting.

When someone whispers and enunciates, I do feel a strange tingling sensation at the base of my skull, spreading toward the ears. But I always just thought it was my ears perking up. (My ears feel like they physically move sometimes when they hear something faint or indistinct.)

It doesn't make me feel calm, though. It makes me feel anxious and like I want to get away from the person lol.

Peace.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
no tingles but very very relaxing for me. I never heard of this before..very interesting...makes sense, some people with brain hardwired a little different.....

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Full length Bob Ross videos

Just thought I'd share, bc I'm a huge fan of Bob Ross. The site is Chinese but the episodes are in English.

Enjoy!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for some politician in Washington to submit a bill to Congress making ASMR illegal. After all, if it feels good, it must be bad!

No doubt if they had some way to control it, they would.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is quite an interesting topic. Been looking it up for a while, first found it through this blog... anti-valentine.hubpages.com...

I feel it. I think. I get tingles all around my head with varying intensity when I see something interesting or beautiful. When someone is kind for no reason other than to be kind. Or when I lean somthing / have inner revelations.

It's most intense when I listen to certain types of music. Sometimes I get it all over my body, it can become too intense and start to hurt (usually sharp pains in my back) and I have to turn the music off.

I'm not sure if that's the same thing or something else all-together, lol.

Does anyone here have any theories?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BeneahTheNow

I believe some people also refer to Frission in instances you mentioned, but I wouldn't know where to draw the line or if one is even needed.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

You remind me of those that have mentioned the idea of marketing ASMR in some way or creating a drug that will illicit the sensation.
If we want to get all conspiracy on it I might as well share that I've wondered before if there wasn't already an element of control involved in ASMR. For all I know it is a creation to keep me zoned out and 'happy'.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by awakendhybrid

It may not be a "head orgasm", or even a "braingasm" as so many sufferers appear to have described, but just what in the devil IS it? I've Googled the crap out of it, and can't seem to find out.

There seem to be as many different descriptions as there are people who have it, so I can't figure out how they even know they have the same thing, or how it differs from other people - in other words, I can't even figure out if I DON'T have it!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Aiight. I've read through the thread now. So this is a "tingle" that's not really a tingle, a "tickle" that's not really a tickle, maybe a "shivery" feeling, sort of like the feeling you get when fingers or nails run lightly along your back or neck, but in your head instead? Sort of starts in the middle of your head and radiates outward toward the surface, maybe beyond? An odd sensation like that with no real description?

And you're saying this doesn't happen to everyone, and the ones it does happen to can't generally make it voluntarily happen with no "trigger"?

Odd. I thought everyone could do that, whenever they wanted to, and never could quite figure out why they would actually want to unless they were incredibly bored or had a specific thought to project.

I didn't even know it was a "thing" in need of a label. I've always just thought it was, and happened to everyone. I didn't even think it needed a description, because it just is. I've always thought it was just a natural byproduct of projected thought ( I suppose a prayer could be thought of as such - I've heard them described as "telepathic communication with an external deity", which would seem to be a form of projected thought, whether one thinks that thought is ever recieved or not).

Now it's unusual enough to need a label and study? I'm in my early 50's, and have just thought it's always been, never have found a reason to need to try describe it until now, since now people seem to think it's not common to all.

edit on 2013/5/26 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakendhybrid
reply to post by BeneahTheNow

I believe some people also refer to Frission in instances you mentioned, but I wouldn't know where to draw the line or if one is even needed.

Never heard that word! I have lots more research to do
thank you.

Maybe your right, there is no line, frisson and amsr are the same thing. A quick google search has showed me there's alot more research done on this than amsr. www.sciencedaily.com... but still, it seems only to be psychological explanations.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

And you're saying this doesn't happen to everyone, and the ones it does happen to can't generally make it voluntarily happen with no "trigger"?
reply to post by nenothtu

Actually, some can experience it voluntary and without external triggers. The creator of my first links in the OP is one of those and when she first created the name ASMR she divided it into two types: those that need an external trigger and those that do not. Before, I had never even considered I could illicit the sensation myself.
From what I've seen there are even people teaching themselves to trigger ASMR without an external trigger who were unable to do so before. I am not 'teaching' myself, but I've noticed lately that sometimes right when I'm about to drop off to sleep I realize that I had be unconsciously triggering myself. Of course once I'm conscious of what I'd done it usually stops and then I sort of wake up a little.
That event sort of makes me think it has a lot to do with brainwave states. Being in an Alpha brainwave state, right on the cusp of sleep and experiencing ASMR...

edit on 31-5-2013 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Sorry for the Slight Resurrection , But i too have this AMSR or whatever people are calling it . I have always thought it was my chi because i can control this feeling anytime i want a burst of energy seeing as every time i do it i have perfect 20/20 vision * Normally i don't have 20/20 and need glasses to see * Lasts about 30 seconds *. If i want to lift something that i normally don't have the strength to lift i use this AMSR and i can instantly have a burst of feeling invincible and can lift thing's i would not have been able to normally . I have had this " Ability " since i was little child * 26 Currently * . I also have slight Precognitive / Psychic ability's that have been growing with the practice of Meditation , Astral Projection and Lucid dreaming . I have also Lucid dreamt many nights since i was a child but i have yet to control turning it off it's most likely because it's addicting.

It's great to hear that other people do this also. To me i just believe the realm of Consciousness of this planet / Dimension is changing * They call it the great shift * ever since i was little i felt like i do not belong here on this current timeline or planet and have felt different and some people say that they get this uneasy feeling around me that makes them feel sick . To me this is other's not being able to handle someone's chi because if im out in public and don't drink alcohol or smoke some weed before i do so * Alcohol and Marijuana Stop my abilities * My Chi goes into a spike seeing as i have also been Gifted/Cursed with Empathy and feeling everyone's energy and feelings in a room at once get's a little overwhelming.

I have transferred this " Chi / AMSR " feeling twice to another person on accident * My girlfriend * And she said she has never felt anything like it in her life and she was scarred and it made her cry and have an Orgasm and she just curled up in a ball for 10 minutes .

I personally think that you are all experiencing a Kundalini Awakening , Just don't force it because it can make you very sick. I believe this because i have taught my Younger brother to a point * Most of this is a life journey opening and balancing your Chakras doing the right thing's in your test here on this plain of existence we currently inhabit and no one can just teach you life not even a so called ascended master *

If anyone else would like it talk about this or anything feel free send me a PM .
edit on 25-2-2014 by HattoriHanzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by awakendhybrid

I watch an ASMR video each night to help me relax and sleep.

I've experienced ASMR ever since I can remember.

I'm proud to be someone who experiences this. Not everyone does. When I've explained it to my husband, he has no clue what I'm trying to describe.

I think those of us who are a part of that community are pretty awesome myself.

ASMR is the

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Sorry for the Slight Resurrection
reply to post by HattoriHanzo

No, no, I don't mind.

Most aspects of ASMR run very similar for everyone I've come across that experiences it and then there are some, like yourself, that stretch it a bit more.
When I first learned there were others like me, I talked to this guy who had, about three months prior, experienced a spontaneous awakening. He didn't know what had happened to him at the time, but the more he talked about it, the more we were convinced of what he was currently going through. He swore the two were connected--one and the same. He was trying to discuss it with everyone else assuming we were all on the same page, but nobody else was getting it.
It would be cool, but I just don't know. I've always like the idea of it being related to our energy.
Maybe I just don't like the idea that I could go searching for ASMR like its some kind of fix...that I could get it for the blandest of reasons...when it could be connected to the more esoteric parts of life that are important to me.

Thank you for your post though. I always love making the idea box bigger.
edit on 2-3-2014 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mjab6910

I think those of us who are a part of that community are pretty awesome myself.

So do I.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hello World
I am able to self-trigger, nearly at any time though alcohol dampens the effect. At first it only seemed to only occur while standing/urinating but over the years I practice raising my own goosebumps, like any muscle it gets easier to weild with practice

When I glance at smoke detectors the red test led blinks

Street lights go out when i pass them

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join