It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is not a Head Orgasm...Pervs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckwhizzle
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Bob Ross, yes!!.I remember watching his shows and just hearing his voice would put me at peace.If anyone wanted the same effect just watch Bob Ross.R.I.P brother.

They used to call it "The Bob Ross Effect"

He has always given people inspiration, hope, peace, tingles and warm, fuzzy feelings.

R.I.P. Bob Ross.

edit on 18/5/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Bob Ross FTW!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Bob Ross was my ambien growing up. Every time I watched his program it would eventually put me to sleep. Crayons also did it for me. The shuffling of the crayons. Gave me that fuzzy feeling.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I hope it ends up on the next South Park episode, LOL. Stupid hippie noise fetish...
edit on 19-5-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This is very cool! Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I thought I was having a Unique Experience Mine come on so strong they affect my sight everything looks as though I have light blue cellophane over my eyes and I actually HEAR a buzzing sound and my whole body goes into a whirling Tingling sensation It also has a Painkilling effect I used to call it my blue-buzz Blue because I saw a light blue haze / light blue cellophane type effect and a slightly orgasmic buzz that made my whole body go Limp and goes like when you cut off blood circulation to a limb and it goes tingly same tingly feeling like one of your limbs are almost asleep and I also had a mild orgasmic feeling in my Lower abdomen where My middle and lower ab muscles are, For me it was Like
and I had to wait a few seconds for the tingling body feeling to wear off.

I once got one when watching a lady at a cafe make me a sandwich for christ's sake! one time from the sound of a page of a novel I was reading I get these episodes Rarely but when they happen they are incredibly intense I am a Male too By the way! So No it's Not female exclusive!
edit on 19/5/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
First time I'm aware of this phenomenon, I thought it was unique only to me.

I first experienced it around age 8 when our French teacher wrote on the blackboard in his slow, italic style. Hypnotic and similar to having your hair cut. The other occasion was seeing some trousers and jackets being folded at a dry-cleaners, again with slow and deliberate movements; switched me right off..And of course Bob Ross is a classic.

Head to one side and tongue hanging out..." Hey do that again can you....I'M SOO HAPPEEE! (drool)" :-)

Moggins

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by buckwhizzle
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Bob Ross, yes!!.I remember watching his shows and just hearing his voice would put me at peace.If anyone wanted the same effect just watch Bob Ross.R.I.P brother.

I was just turned onto this thread through my Bob Ross, My Hero thread!

This is something I have been experiencing for years! I am glad someone put a lable on it so people can relate to what it is better, if they experience it or not.

My mom used to take her long fingernails and tap the top of my head really fast with them and it created this sensation. A lot of other things do too, like meditation, music, voices, Bob Ross!

I never knew there was a term for it.
(although it feels like the crown chakra opening up)
For me, it is a tingle at the top of my head, that runs down my back and into both arms, and it is almost immediate, especially with the coffee beans in one of the videos. Could be because I love coffee so it just instantly triggered my pleasure response.

Awesome thread! S&F to the OP!
edit on 19-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: tyonese and added link

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

and thats all i got to say on that

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen

This is kinda interesting. Evidently there is at least one study currently underway and if my memory serves me it WAS listed in Wiki, but I just didn't want to assume the info was completely reliable.
I found this in the Facebook ASMR forum:

A letter I got yesterday- Random ASMR study feedback for you! Hello! I have been watching your videos since you started posting them and am a very big fan of your art and your video style. (I also purchased a tarot deck and use them as art pieces around my apartment - they are so wonderful to look at. I think I have at least a few in every room and they tend to be where my eyes wander to when I am thinking or daydreaming). Anyway - I participated in an ASMR study at Dartmouth College today. I had to pick five videos to use while in the MRI machine to try and trigger it. It was a really strange situation and I wasn't sure if I would be able to feel anything at all - but the last two videos I picked were ones of yours and they totally worked, even in the tube with the noise and the weirdness and everything. I was so excited and I realized I really wanted to tell you that your videos made it into the study and were still as great as the first time I saw them. Thank you!!!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Well, there are people out there now at least trying to do the work to understand it. I found out it wasn't unique to me from IsItNormal.com...lets just say understanding it has come a long way since then even if they are still just a bunch of theories.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I feel it deep in the back behind my eyes, in "the middle" of my head in between my ears and a lot of the times I also feel it at the base of my Cerebellum, granted the feeling radiates throughout my entire self, I feel the most intensity in my head piece. All that I can say is that I believe that dopamine and serotonin are some key components
reply to post by kimish

I know one guy who says his starts right in his Pineal gland. Does that sound about right for you?
I don't think I've ever felt...anything in the middle of my head. ASMR diffidently feels more than scalp-deep, but whenever I've tried I cannot feel any deeper.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it ended up being related to the Endocrine System. It feels so "electrical though...maybe the Endocrine and Nervous system combined?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by awakendhybrid

Brain rewards, have em all the time. Do something, think of something e.g. work or feel positive and you get brain tingles and a wave of energy move up and down your body.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

Wow, the way you are describing it it sounds like you get it very intensely.
And I cannot remember which poster first mentioned they felt it AND were male, but for sure this sensation does not exclude any gender or race or geographic location. I wouldn't even be surprised if some in the animal kingdom felt it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

My first memory of experiencing this is from the late 70s, watching the commercial for the popular math toy "Quiz Kid", the calculator-looking thing in the shape of an owl with a red eye for 'wrong' and a green eye for 'right'.

Oddly, I can't find this on the retro commercial channel on youtube

Too bad, I was looking forward to hearing that again...

Since then, it's been triggered too few times, usually while i'm listening to someone speak who has a soft voice and heavy consonantal sounds to their words compared to vowel sound. Rather, the consonants are as loud or louder than the vowel/vocal component.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yup, like so many others, I have these and never thought to call them anything, or think others experienced it. My biggest trigger all through childhood was getting my haircut/hairwashed. For the longest time I thought it was the hairs on the back of my head sticking out & that the hairdresser would think I was a freak! Can't even explain these adequately to my wife, now I'll make her read the thread

Also triggers randomly from people talking, in my case often when someone is explaining how to do something. Nothing crazy like blue-cellophane dude, but definitely strong.

And I am a male, 40yo, White, if anyone is interested in demographics.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

For some reason I always expect people with ASMR to be younger...of course it doesn't help that I regularly forget that I'm almost 30 :/
Maybe it is because I feel that if this was something that carries back into our past that it wouldn't have gone unnoticed for so long.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I'm 42

Perhaps it is the fact that there is now the internet so because almost everyone can access it and share information, new (old) things are being discovered by a lot more people. I never had a term for it, never even thought about it until I read the thread. I just assumed it was One of those things I experience, which tells me others experience it as well, but it was never a real thought until the thread.
edit on 19-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I too have experienced ASMR, though never knew it was actually a thing. I do find the sensation to be similar to the feeling I get from tickling my amygdala, and I wonder if they are related.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
A lot of short documentaries on ghosts have elicited this response in me.
Clever usage of physiological arousal to confuse the brain into perceiving psychological arousal?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RedEyes619

Kind of like the coffee beans, I immediately associate them with pleasure because I love coffee so much,so there is already a psychological response before any noises.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join