It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Abundance of NASA's STS Mission Footage is the Most Compelling Evidence UFOs Exist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
fuzzy pictures,shaky videos of a light in the sky,bugs flying past the camera,lense flare....I'm wondering if there are really UFO's.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by FearYourMind
[more

Yes, the tether broke and all the ice and whatnot "swarmed" into view.

Honestly, at this point I consider threads like this an embarrassment to UFOlogy. No offense or anything, but when you finally realize this is all junk being jettisoned from the shuttle you will feel the same way.

The ice crystals? Why do these ice crystals all have notches in them and spirals that extend from the edge of the craft to the center. Why do they all have circular holes in the middle? Why would ice crystals in space break off and start moving around in completely opposite directions and speed from one another? None of the ice crystal explanation makes sense. This is some of the best evidence UFOlogy has to date and far from an embarrassment.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Its a question of camera focal length and contrast. The ice moves in weird directions because it is actually very close to the shuttle and is being pushed around by thrusters on the shuttle.

Look, I am not going to rehash all of this for you. There are loads of threads here on ATS about this already. Do some research and "deny ignorance."

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

The objects clearly move behind the tether multiple times during the footage suggesting these objects are not close to the shuttle, but indeed around the tether.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

That's ridiculous. You are talking about black and white footage with high amounts of contrast. When you say, "clearly move behind", you are being disingenuous. Your desire to believe clouds your judgment. And that is all I will say on this subject.

Good day. Do some research. This stuff has been argued to death here years ago and I used to feel the same as you do. I was wrong. You are wrong.
edit on 18-5-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Its a question of camera focal length and contrast. The ice moves in weird directions because it is actually very close to the shuttle and is being pushed around by thrusters on the shuttle.

Look, I am not going to rehash all of this for you. There are loads of threads here on ATS about this already. Do some research and "deny ignorance."

Also, there is no need to rehash. I've heard it all as well. I've been investigating UFOs for over 15 years. I've dedicated a lot of time to the subject. I've been a ATS fan for a decade now and have read many threads on the topic. A lot of people who post on the UFO subject here don't know their facts and can be quite ridiculous. I am not suggesting these are "Grey" aliens in space craft, but rather that they are real entities unknown to us that exist in and around Earth. I'm not even suggesting they are extraterrestrial.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearYourMind
Also, there is no need to rehash. I've heard it all as well. ....

There's always time for everyone here to learn more. I wrote up my "99 FAQs about 'space UFOs'" on my home page to try to share the insight and experience I've gained through decades of work inside Mission Control in Houston, regarding the real importance of keeping eyes open for anomalous outside apparitions, while coming to recognize the 'usual' background noise that needs to be first filtered out.

That very thing happened in the last two weeks, when anomalous snowflakes passing a TV camera alerted Houston to the coolant leak that led to the emergency spacewalk just seven days ago. Outside stuff CAN be important, for that reason alone -- and others, too.

Please look over the '99 FAQs', I hope it improves your handling of these kinds of non-trivial vieos.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

That's ridiculous. You are talking about black and white footage with high amounts of contrast. When you say, "clearly move behind", you are being disingenuous. Your desire to believe clouds your judgment. And that is all I will say on this subject.

Good day. Do some research. This stuff has been argued to death here years ago and I used to feel the same as you do. I was wrong. You are wrong.
edit on 18-5-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

I can clearly see objects passing behind the tether time and time again in the footage. One of many good examples is at 3:42. It's not fuzzy or unclear, it's obvious.

edit on 18-5-2013 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I can clearly see objects passing behind the tether time and time again in the footage. One of many good examples is at 3:42. It's not fuzzy or unclear, it's obvious.

I've scanned the console handbook that the INCO controllers in Houston used, to operate those cameras, and linked to it from my home page. Please take a few hours studying the actual camera features -- and shortcomings -- before being so sure you're right and the actual experts and flight crew members are mistaken.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

I've scanned the console handbook that the INCO controllers in Houston used, to operate those cameras, and linked to it from my home page. Please take a few hours studying the actual camera features -- and shortcomings -- before being so sure you're right and the actual experts and flight crew members are mistaken.

Ok I will and thank you. This is what I am interested in and was hoping for. Someone with real knowledge and hands on experience. Although I am skeptical about why some astronauts and military officials have been coming forward while others dismiss everything as nonsense. For instance, Aldrin speaks out about UFOs while Armstrong never said much. I will look into your info and thanks again.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Ok I will and thank you. This is what I am interested in and was hoping for. Someone with real knowledge and hands on experience. Although I am skeptical about why some astronauts and military officials have been coming forward while others dismiss everything as nonsense. For instance, Aldrin speaks out about UFOs while Armstrong never said much. I will look into your info and thanks again.

It really is hard, with existing search engines, to locate 'contrarian' views to mass-re-echoing rumors of any subject. I have thought long and hard about techniques people can use, in your position, to seek out 'contrarian' arguments to ANY issue, and I've failed to find any workable stand-alone method beyond posting ideas on websites like ATS where you really have an extraordinary conflux of well-informed people of all persuasions, willing to share, and confrontational enough to argue.

For Aldrin's misrepresented views on UFOs, and a reality antidote, try googling "Aldrin UFO Morrison csicop" to see some pithy refutations of things you thought you "knew", but had arguably been tricked into 'knowing', by an unethical crockumentary producer.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You may have seen this before but if not it may prove useful in understanding what we see in the Tether video .

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

It really is hard, with existing search engines, to locate 'contrarian' views to mass-re-echoing rumors of any subject. I have thought long and hard about techniques people can use, in your position, to seek out 'contrarian' arguments to ANY issue, and I've failed to find any workable stand-alone method beyond posting ideas on websites like ATS where you really have an extraordinary conflux of well-informed people of all persuasions, willing to share, and confrontational enough to argue.

For Aldrin's misrepresented views on UFOs, and a reality antidote, try googling "Aldrin UFO Morrison csicop" to see some pithy refutations of things you thought you "knew", but had arguably been tricked into 'knowing', by an unethical crockumentary producer.

That's why I said I am skeptical. You've got Aldrin popping up on a documentary in a edited interview to favor the UFO perspective, then he goes on CNN's Larry King to clear up the misunderstanding. All while guys like Edgar Mitchell insist there is a cover up and UFOs exist based on people he knew from the Roswell incident and others. Musgrave decided to chime in along with some others on the UFO subject. Now you've got military officials speaking out about their first hand experiences on military bases involving UFOs tampering with weapons of mass destruction. Who to believe? Guys like Fife Simington, former governor of Arizona, coming forward and admitting he lied to the public to reduce panic. Even admitting he saw the craft during the whole Phoenix Lights event in 1997. So, I don't know why people are saying these things or what motives are behind it, but it's alarming and confusing.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I also used to think the various STS footage pretty compelling, but not anymore.

It's ice crystals or water droplets, close to to the camera, out of focus. In the tether "incident", those droplets don't even move in an intelligent fashion whatsoever. They move like I'd imagine water would move in space, and for me it's VERY obvious that the things are greatly out of focus and much closer to the lens.

That other footage where people claimed seeing UFOs "shot down" with sudden moves etc, easily explained with the ice/water floating around and then pushed all of a sudden from fired shuttle thrusters.

It's NOT "compelling" in the slightest if it can be explained and it's also not compelling if the objects don't appear intelligently moving or don't have any characteristics one would expect an "UFO" would have.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yes I've seen that before. I've never seen any other footage where ice crystals took that form on video. I've seen ice crystals breaking off of the shuttle many times and they usually look like white dots that slowly move away from the shuttle. The tether incident shows objects coming to and from the direction of the shuttle. I know the shuttle has different boosters and other mechanisms that can push particles away and make them seemingly take off. They always move away from the shuttle though, not in all directions and especially not in complete opposite directions. Wouldn't there be other examples of these ice crystals taking this form since ice crystals are so common? I see them all of the time during spacewalks on the ISS live feed.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

If it were pushed by thrusters wouldn't you see the shuttle move in the slightest bit? It's very plausible though. I'm not sure why that footage is so famous in comparison to others.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

reply to post by flexy123

If it were pushed by thrusters wouldn't you see the shuttle move in the slightest bit? ....

That's why i wrote my "99 FAQs". The answer is no, you wouldn't expect to see it, and I give the reasons why.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
For those who are really interested ,there are some very good NASA videos on Marty Stubbs' YouTube channel.
Of the multitude of objects floating around(ice crystals,dust etc),you will find some in these videos that you can't explain.Accept it and go from there.............!Can't be bothered to link as it is pointless on this forum.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Nevertheless

Ok. I changed the title so we can focus on the footage more. Can we agree that the footage is compelling?

No. We're watching very uninteresting particles, insanely far away from anything that could be considered interesting.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by silversurfer6161
For those who are really interested ,there are some very good NASA videos on Marty Stubbs' YouTube channel.
Of the multitude of objects floating around(ice crystals,dust etc),you will find some in these videos that you can't explain.Accept it and go from there.....

Since Stubbs refuses to provide basic context such as date/time, he cleverly prevents any way to independently validate the videos. It's a trick, why are you such a willing victim?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join