It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Abundance of NASA's STS Mission Footage is the Most Compelling Evidence UFOs Exist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The abundance of footage from the STS missions over the past decades seems to be the most compelling evidence that we are not alone.

I've never bought the "space debris" explanation although I'm sure it accounts for some.

Space debris rarely comes close to the ISS these days and you would think there is more junk in space now than ever. When debris is in close proximity NASA usually has plenty of advanced notice to move out of harms way.

I doubt we would send astronauts to space if debris were flying by so frequent and close considering just a pea sized meteor could rip through our space craft with devastating consequences.

Here are a couple of videos featuring what I am referring to. The first is packed with NASA footage. Yes, these videos have music behind them and are a bit dramatized, but they were the only ones I could find with good quality along with a lot of footage.

I would sure appreciate a skeptic's opinion on all of these strange objects along with what astronauts like Buzz Aldrin, Edgar Mitchell and others have said regarding this phenomenon. I figured I would find the best of critical thinkers here on ATS to discuss this with. Let's have a civil discussion without ridicule please.

Link to video

Link to video

edit on 18-5-2013 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
First the headline, then nothing to back it up.
Why the lies?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'm not impressed with the videos.
While some footage is interesting.
Others is not.

Still not good enough.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well its not really undeniable.

You have shadows and lights streaming around but who knows. I'd say the fact that nobody has actually ever got a clear shot of any of these UFO's is pretty telling in and of itself. Odds are someone would captured something on camera that really is so obvious it can't be denied yet we don't have that.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

Originally posted by Nevertheless
First the headline, then nothing to back it up.
Why the lies?

I don't quite understand what you mean by "nothing to back it up". Do you think the footage is all fake or identifiable objects? The second video is 30 minutes long and you commented less than 10 minutes after I posted.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I'm not impressed with the videos.
While some footage is interesting.
Others is not.

Also dissapointing that the UFOlogy field still attempt to prove their case using the "throw as much crap in there as you can" strategy.
As if sheer quantity of poor video somehow acts as "proof".

And of course this creates a situation where the video itself is undebatable. Its effectively a thread where 100 cases are submitted all at once. These never end usefully.
All we ever get is a "some might be, some might not be" result.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Too bad we cannot accept the existance of these entities......
It seems we must live in a world of denial in order to justify the avoidance of their presence.
The W56 made mass contact in Pescara Italy decades ago......
They were forced to leave because of our own inability to let go of ego.
Other contacts have been made, but ufortunately there are forces on earth which do not want mankind to know the truth on a conscious level till they have milked all the technological knowledge they can from the present data set.
Power, is the motive...raw and naked power.
Those who possess the secret knowledge of extra terrestrial sciences will rule mankind for a long time to come....
(at least in their own minds)
The truth is that once mankind accepts the presence of the off world races, the flood gates of knowledge will open so wide as to soon make their puny stock worthess, as the unlimited possibilities of the universe open to all humanity.
But not yet.....................its a tricky psychological situation which those who are in the know manipulate.....
Thery do this partly through their shills......

edit on 18-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I watched the first video, and honestly all those cases have been debunked. My favorite part was the headlights of vehicles on the Chilean mountain and the reflections of light on dust and ice for the "tether" incident.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well I've known of all the cases for years now. It would be a never ending thread if I posted individual videos with descriptions. The footage notes what missions they are. Seems if it were to be debunked it wouldn't be hard, but I've never really seen anyone debunk the majority of these. Most just express they aren't convinced, but why?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Originally posted by Hopechest
Well its not really undeniable.

You have shadows and lights streaming around but who knows. I'd say the fact that nobody has actually ever got a clear shot of any of these UFO's is pretty telling in and of itself. Odds are someone would captured something on camera that really is so obvious it can't be denied yet we don't have that.

What I find interesting is the way these objects slow down, speed up, stop, disappear and reappear. If they have the technology to make it here, it wouldn't surprise me if they have the ability to remain unseen when they want. The tether incident was very interesting because the tether acted like a black light would. It was glowing florescent and packed with energy. So much so that the tether broke off from an overload. Perhaps the florescent 12 mile tether enabled us to see these objects during that incident. I've noticed these objects have been recorded above electrical storms during STS missions so they could be attracted to intense energy sources.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearYourMind

I don't quite understand what you mean by "nothing to back it up".

The headline is undeniable evidence, and the content is:

The abundance of footage from the STS missions over the past decades seems to be the most compelling evidence that we are not alone.

..Suggesting evidence for extra terrestrials, when in fact we are looking at unidentifiable junk.

Do you think the footage is all fake or identifiable objects?

Surely the footage (from Nasa) is real, and very uninteresting.

The second video is 30 minutes long and you commented less than 10 minutes after I posted.

Yes, I admit that I'm not a fan of watching space junk for 30 minutes. This is junk, not evidence for us not being alone (and them visiting, even).

You did post zero evidence.
You claimed the complete opposite with "undeniable".

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

Originally posted by FearYourMind

I don't quite understand what you mean by "nothing to back it up".

The headline is undeniable evidence, and the content is:

..Suggesting evidence for extra terrestrials, when in fact we are looking at unidentifiable junk.

Do you think the footage is all fake or identifiable objects?

Surely the footage (from Nasa) is real, and very uninteresting.

The second video is 30 minutes long and you commented less than 10 minutes after I posted.

Yes, I admit that I'm not a fan of watching space junk for 30 minutes. This is junk, not evidence for us not being alone (and them visiting, even).

You did post zero evidence.
You claimed the complete opposite with "undeniable".

Well did you notice these objects making turns while others stopped and accelerated as if the object were being controlled by an intelligent force? Or perhaps these objects are some sort of biological entities that exist within and out of the 95% of "Dark Matter" or one of the many dimensions that physicists believe exist. We only understand 3 dimensions and acknowledge a 4th (time), though we don't understand the 4th and we haven't the slightest understanding of any others.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Ok. I changed the title so we can focus on the footage more. Can we agree that the footage is compelling?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FearYourMind

I would use the example of watching a hummingbird fly.

We have examples of this type of behavior in our own natural world.

Does this mean that what is captured on film are giant hummingbirds?

Of course not, but it does mean that its not out of the norm for this type of behavior to exist in our world. Can we explain it yet?

No but if it does exist then that is more evidence that what we may be seeing are not aliens but something we just haven't identified yet.

The physics do exist for it though.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I am not convinced that these are "Grey" aliens in ships or anything like that. I am convinced that these are unknown entities that exist in and around the Earth. Whether or not they are extraterrestrial is something I can't be sure of, but they are real in my opinion and deserve some explanation and investigation. We've never got one and it's quite concerning to be honest.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Paraphrase: The abundance of footage from the STS Missions is the most compelling evidence we are not alone.

No. Incorrect. Each and every STS mission footage case has been thoroughly debunked. Hate to say it, because at one time I was CERTAIN those were UFOs. They are not.

Lots of threads here on ATS about them. Read up.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Paraphrase: The abundance of footage from the STS Missions is the most compelling evidence we are not alone.

No. Incorrect. Each and every STS mission footage case has been thoroughly debunked. Hate to say it, because at one time I was CERTAIN those were UFOs. They are not.

Lots of threads here on ATS about them. Read up.

I've looked through a lot of the threads and haven't seen much I would consider debunked. A lot of people believe the Tether Incident was debunked and it all came from one guys experiment who was able to produce something similar, but it wasn't very convincing. A lot of people dismiss the Tether Experiment ever happening, but it's well documented and you can find it in NASA's missions with details of the mission and how the tether broke off due to an overload of energy. Also, I added "the abundance" to the title. Much better title I agree.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Yes of course they are real because we can see them on the video. I apologize for assuming you were thinking they were alien in nature but as you stated, we simply do not know what they are.

I tend to lean towards some natural origin because if they were alien in nature I believe we would have found more evidence of that as far as photo evidence or physical evidence.

There are simply too many of these UFO's to not have one crash in downtown NYC or fly within range of a camera so someone can get a decent shot of it.

It also doesn't help with the amount of hoax incidents.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Skeptics, debunkers, disbelievers all need to take a trip/vacation to Southern Colorado in the San Luis valley.

UFOs aren't all nuts and bolts crafts. It's much more complex.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.seancasteel.com...

I spent a lot of time there as a flyfishing guide and outfitter and my experiences changed my life. Spend some time there and you will also be changed and challenged as to your concept of reality.

or live in your comfortable bubble and disregard the truth. Your choice....
edit on 18-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Yes, the tether broke and all the ice and whatnot "swarmed" into view.

Honestly, at this point I consider threads like this an embarrassment to UFOlogy. No offense or anything, but when you finally realize this is all junk being jettisoned from the shuttle you will feel the same way.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join