It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Rejected for Diversity Post Because He is "White"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic as evidenced by the

I noticed that it often doesn't translate well on the interwebs.

But obviously, you are not tolerant of sarcastic people.

That was a joke...get it?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Well to be fair here, many outside multi-cultural groups were upset with his possible nomination.

For someone to be a leader of a diversity group I don't really find it productive if he would take the position while upsetting so many people.

Certainly the reasons that he is a white male should be irrelevant but you really don't want to put a guy in there, no matter what his ethnicity is, if its pissing off so many people.

With that logic black people should have stayed out of white schools, the front of the bus, or white-only sides of restaurants.. you know.. because it would just piss off a lot of people and we don't want that..

Do you see where I'm going with this sarcasm.. it's quite silly.
edit on 5/18/2013 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
racism pure and simple.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Winston Churchill said that 'the Fascists of the future will be the Anti Fascists'. It would seem that the same might be said for the racists of the future?
It appears that those who scream for 'tolerance' are more intolerant than one might expect!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
lol @ white males thinking they are societal victims in any shape or form

Why would a diversity group want a white male leading it? Sort of ironic.

It would be like a white male leading a woman's rights group.

edit on 18-5-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

trash in the lowest form.I will never ever be ashamed to be white,their problem is they wish they were.
I am fed up with hearing-reading about it.f the mf.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Really the other ethnicities were upset...did you ask them? I guess you could ask them what they're doing in a club/group of that nature when they're obviously only out for their inclusion and their pity party...equality means everyone!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

What you mean it's ok for them to discriminate while trying to get everyone to discriminate on them less...oh the hypocrisy...do you guys think before you write these posts or just post first then think later if at all...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Thinking is not a strong point with those who chose the 'benefits' of 'feeling offended' about anything

People who claim race discrimination for whatever reason have forgotten that as many black people rule this planet as white people. As many black people and different races rule, are billionaires and benefit from the slavery of their own races as do white race. For example, the rulers of Africa, India, china! Take my point.

Race discrimination is only an issue amongst the poor and disenfranchised where it is used as a means of divide and conquer. We are all one and the same, if only people could close their eyes and 'see'!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Well put...Those who have the power where ever they are have no worries of discrimination no matter their ethnicity only those of us who don't worry about that. It's always been perpetuated to divide the have-nots further.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 00018GE

racism pure and simple.

Racism is never pure, nor simple.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
lol @ white males thinking they are societal victims in any shape or form

Why would a diversity group want a white male leading it? Sort of ironic.

It would be like a white male leading a woman's rights group.

edit on 18-5-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

He wouldn't have been leading it. He was running for VP.

And just why can't a man help/run a womens rights group if he can get the job done? That is the overall goal is it not?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Delurking, I say:

This shows liberalism in its true form.

They want "diversity" and "inclusion" as long as you are the right race, sex, religion.

The white, heterosexual, Christian, able-bodied male is the most discriminated-against being on this planet.

Flame away...

And I relurk.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
And just why can't a man help/run a womens rights group if he can get the job done? That is the overall goal is it not?

You know that Hopechest and I have explained this in detail in your thread.

This was a good discussion while it lasted.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think MANY in this thread have given valid points to the discussion.

Right or wrong, this MAN isnt going to be VP of anything that involves diversity.

Because he is a WHITE MAN.

Sad but true.

edit on 18-5-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

If that's not anti-White I don't know what is.

Universities are a hotbed of Marxist scum and their ilk nowadays.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by TDawgRex

You know that Hopechest and I have explained this in detail in your thread.

This was a good discussion while it lasted.

Yes I saw it, obviously the other did not. I appreciate your contributions.

You're rarely over the top in your responses here. If a thread has my goat for some reason and I see your avatar, I have to read it. I'll usually be calm by the end of the post. For that...Thanks

But then again, sometimes I am over the top, if anything, just to see what is on the other side.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

One situation to ponder about your previous post. I don't know which gender you are, but if you joined a group that was centered on your gender (let's say a men's rights group regarding child custody) would you want a woman who had full custody of her children for one of the leaders? If you would be all right with that, would you understand if some in the men's group were less than happy about it and even see her as "the enemy"? She could be a perfectly wonderful woman who qualifies to lead the group, but for whatever reason, she has full custody of her kids and her ex-husband has only limited visitation...

I mean, I'm a woman and I would TOTALLY understand that and NOT be offended by it. I think it's because I have a pretty high self-confidence and I wouldn't take offense at someone's opinions. Men have gotten SCREWED as far as custody and other "divorce rights" and I get the anger. I think it's justified.

I'm pretty surprised that so many don't understand this angle... and would rather be angry and offended at the white male being discriminated against. It IS discrimination. But everyone is discriminated against at some time. There's a big difference between it happening every once in a while (as in this story) and having a life FULL of it, day after day, as many minorities in this country experience.
edit on 5/18/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

To be truthful, I am for whatever accomplishes the mission. Former military and a guy, BTW, I thought you knew that...now I'm sad.

But I will also admit that I have a tendancy to keep identifiable groups at arms length. I rarely even go to my VFW because of all the bickering between older and newer Vets. I also used to belong to a local Tea Party, but members changed over time and went off the deep end in my opinion. Same with the OWS, though that happened quicker.

But not belonging to a identifiable group does not mean I can't have a opinion on matters, for better or worse.

I also understand that you can't totally avoid groups, after all, where would that leave our friends and family in our lives. It was just the one individual in the news article that grated my nerves. And the fact that he had the audacity to say such and the nerve to actually see it through.

If there is any group that I can say has stood the test of time with me is the Animal Rescue shelters. I give and help out when I can. Crap! I DO belong to a group.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
Winston Churchill said that 'the Fascists of the future will be the Anti Fascists'. It would seem that the same might be said for the racists of the future?
It appears that those who scream for 'tolerance' are more intolerant than one might expect!

Well said!

Star for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join